What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Hemp | 4ftx4ft | Quantum Board | Top Feed | Rockwool/Clay Pebble Mix

f-e

Mentor
Veteran
Nice weekly progress alpo. Is that at EC1 or did you just go for it with EC1.4?

alpo

NonGH5K.jpg

XdV9BpI.jpg

nxns5lV.jpg

RsDMTnN.jpg

A26VBr8.jpg

u6wooKR.jpg

I cut 4 tops from each plant 2 days ago. I am only going to veg 5 more days which will give them 26 days above ground. This is so I can try to get someone out to test before Thanksgiving.

alpo

I am thinking about getting a 4ftx8ft tent after this grow and using these same buckets and platforms. Would 18 pots on the floor (9per light) be better or 8 pots (4per light) on a 3x6 table set up like I have the 3x3 table in this 4x4 grow tent, but expanded? I am trying to consider seedlings, veg time, drying, etc.
Qcn5mOM.jpg

alpo

The plants got bigger than I thought they would and now I think I vegged too long so I changed the nutrients and going to turn the lights off early to make today the 1st day of 12/12.
Final veg count = 23 days above ground.

First Day of Flower:
YBiWKXO.jpg

Z6TFcwZ.jpg

alpo

I got a new Inventronics driver. It's rated at 1200w but the heatsinks are only rated at 150w each so I have it dimmed to 900w. This is the second day I've had it. First five days of 12/12 were at 650w and 6th and 7th day going forward at 900w. should be about 56.25wpsqft. The boards at 650w were 105f degrees and at 900w is about 118f degrees. Drivers are the same at about 102f. Grow tent temps are the same, maybe +1 degree at times or maybe because it has been hotter outside this week. I might try some thermal pads I saw next grow.

hIQKsE6.jpg

alpo

InE3BBi.jpg

Update on returning the drain back to the reservoir:
I changed the clear tubing to black since the water recirculates now. I use 3/8id and 1/2od vinyl tubing to fit the John Guest 1/2 push to fit fittings.
I have only been filling my reservoir with 6 gallons of water. Since the flip, I add about 2 gallons a day. It was much less in veg, maybe drank half gallon a day at most. During veg, I would change res every week.
If it drinks 2 gallons a day would I need still to change the reservoir if I don't add water for 2 and a half days?

alpo

start of day 28f:

NonGH5K.jpg

KWEmcIj.jpg

random note: i'm getting tired of light burn. I guess I dont have enough height for quantum boards. looking forward to trying a 6-8-10 bar led light next time.

Corpselover Fat

random note: i'm getting tired of light burn. I guess I dont have enough height for quantum boards. looking forward to trying a 6-8-10 bar led light next time.

Very nice grow. What kind of light levels do you have at the tops? I'm running 320w in 2*4, but my boards are a bit larger so less hot spots.

alpo

Very nice grow. What kind of light levels do you have at the tops? I'm running 320w in 2*4, but my boards are a bit larger so less hot spots.

I only have a lux meter and I turned down the light to 70,000 lux max at the top. I think the lowest reading at a top was 47,000 lux

Last edited:

Corpselover Fat

I only have a lux meter and I turned down the light to 70,000 lux max at the top. I think the lowest reading at a top was 47,000 lux

70000 is quite a lot. Like over 1000ppfd so no wonder more light was problematic :) The way I have my boards now the middle is at 65000lux and sides 50000-55000 and it seems to be at the very upper limit of what my current plant can take.

Latest posts

Latest posts