What's new

Help

halfbreeder

If you start with 500 seedlings(give or take) and your looking for the perfect pheno, at what age should you decide what that pheno is?

G

trick question.**

trick question.**

if you do it you'll get more than one elite clone.

on the age thing, you need to smoke them all first to determine which is which.

you can weed out the 20-200 stragglers/runts/mutants that you'll get. bringing you down to say, 300 plants if vegging these. If starting on 12/12 u need to tag each one, keep tagged while drying, jarred, and smoke test each and every one maybe toss the phenos with no bag appeal or whatever your crazy ass desires. and you cant throw any away not ugly plants etc because these may prove to be the best smoke (providing they are healthy and not weak genetically, you don't disregard a plant just because of the way it looks in veg, again, unless its health is no good or stunted maybe.. i have found stunted plants/mutants to be some of the frostiest girls once flowered out its just in an operation like this it would have to be noted....thats another thing, notes.

and if it's just a female you are looking for and no male, send me the frostiest male you find.

==>**i know you're full of shit because if you were actually taking this on you would already know what to look for and would not be asking on a web board. lets face it, you're dreamin kid.

good luck in whatever you do and hope to see some real talk from ya

what strains you workin with?

JLP

Veteran
That's hard to say,you really have to smoke it to see how good it is.Some plants will look better or yield better but like I say,that doesn't mean they'll smoke better.

JLP

halfbreeder

Maybe I am dreamin', Jack, but everyones gotta have one, right? Thanks for the tip on the ugly plants. I will be keepin' my males(no bag appeal).lol I really don't know what you mean by more than 1 elite clone. Will you explain?
Superskunk

Halfbreed

G

you'll find more than one outstanding specimens within 500 plants of the same population.
start with good stock.

good luck, live your dream.

Last edited:

Verite

My little pony.. my little pony
Veteran
I kind think 500 is too many for one person to accurately judge at one time. I would consider probably up to 100. Then I wouldnt reduce the outcome to one perfect pheno but more like a set of good phenos. Male and female.

halfbreeder

Verite,

I totally agree with the "set of good phenos", but I still think the more plants to choose from, the better.

Hb