What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

help with up rooted vegging plants?

dowink

I got home today and my dog had gotten to my plants and ripped them out of the soil. There was still some roots attached, but not alot. 12 plants where 6 to 8 inches tall ( 6 Killer Apollo and 6 Blue Crazy), 3 where about 4 inches tall (c-99)and the 9 seedlings (6 Sugar Loaf and 3 Lifesaver) where not ripped out of the soil but they where toppled to the ground. all plants where limp but not much damage. I figure they where up-rooted for about 6 or 7 hours before I got home. I immediately cut the top 1/3 and some bigger branches off to try and clone them. My question is will they still clone? any help,,, please. That was the last of all my seed stock. they where vegging under a 1000 watt MH. Just my luck everything was going perfect.

G

guest3854

Hopefully they weren't stressed so much as to prevent rooting .Get em under a humidity dome , might reduce stress and perk back up.

MynameStitch

Dr. Doolittle
Mentor
Veteran
My question is will they still clone? any help,,, please. That was the last of all my seed stock. they where vegging under a 1000 watt MH. Just my luck everything was going perfect.

Hey no sweat! they will still clone... just get them into a rooting medium and under a dome and keep temps around 75 and humidity around 70 or 75 % and all should be straight
just dont mess with them.. like checking for roots... you will cause them to take longer to root.....

sad story man.. i hate when shit like that happens....
i had my cat uproot and eat alot of my seedlings.....

god so many times i woke up in the middle of the night to find my cat having a midnight toke on my leaves!

but hey dont get mad at the dog..... i know your like wtf you talking about he just ate my crop! .... keke

but seriously..... dogs are like us.. they make mistakes to :)

dowink

No I'm not mad at the dog. I'm the dumb ass that left doors opened. He could of ate everything but the roots. Like me he enjoys good MJ. He will snatch a bud off the table before a steak. Thanks for the help.

Bramski

Dowink, don't ditch the damaged plants either. I've had MJ plants that looked so beyond repair that it wasn't even funny, 1 week later and some loving care and they looked as if they had never seen a days stress in their life.

I'm not a keen gardener outside the MJ world so I can't tell if this is specific to cannabis or if a lot of plants are this hardy, but a Cannabis plant can really take one hell of a beating and still produce abuntantly, as long as the beating was dished out in Veg. Once the Cannabis plant begins to flower she can be very fickle indeed and difficult to nurse back to full health once a major blunder has been made or serious stress has been induced.

MynameStitch

Dr. Doolittle
Mentor
Veteran
ya bram is right..... a guy over at og by the name of atmosphear had a plant was out of its pot for like 2 weeks!!! and was not watered or taken care of......

and it put it into a pot watered itand it came back to life... after 2 weeks out of its pot and soil exposed and roots!

it seems like they are kinda like us.... when they are small and fragile they are at there crtical state where any little thing can kill them...
where when they get bigger... they dish it out big time and alot of times keep taken more beatens!! :)

dowink

To date, only 3 of the 20 clone cuttings have rooted so far. I think they got a little dry. 5 of the 10 seedlings have made it(3 Sugarloaf and 2 Lifesavors) and are doing great, after transplanting from 18oz cups to 1 gal containers. I also added some Sub Culture and PHC BioPak( not sure if they have the same ingredients and such so I added both at 1/2 strength). It seems to of helped the stress. Thanks for the replies all