What's new

Help with temperature

MDB

Hi everybody :)
I found a place where i can grow but, in this room the temperature is about 8°C ( 46°F )..
How can i increase the temperature without spending too much?
Thanksss:biggrin:

vostok

Veteran
Insulate with rockwall or anything the more the better, reduce ventilation but only for the plants, use a 600w Mh/HPS and a small fan, monitor closely, add heater if required, do not over water plants as will add to humidity levels

MDB

I have the problem that i can't afford an HPS because the ballast is too much expensive..
And it consume a lot of electricity.. I have about 400/500 real watt divided in 6 lamps(2 main lamps and 4 others at the corner)..
I have to increase the temperature in the room because my grow box is about 120/130cm x 120/130cm for 150cm in height and this is going to be in the middle of the room e i prefer to not use a eletronic heater inside the grow box.. But this is still a project, i bought everything and i only have to build the grow box, i thought to do a structure in wood and make the walls made in layers (external large tent + polyethylene foam (At least i thing this is the word in english) + internal mylar tent, maybe also add an external wall of wood)..
What do you suggest?

B

bigbufu

MDB i wish I could help with this temp stuff as I know its hard to manage temps when it starts getting cold. Id say the best way to increase your temps is grabbing a HPS light. It seems as if your just experimenting with growing and doing a personal grow so I would get a small one like a 250hps or a 400hps. I know you said moneys an issue but this isnt one of those cheap hobbys that you can just come into and expect to spend a 100 to 200 bucks it just doesnt work like that the majority of the time if you want optimal results. I see you plan on building an insulated room but that will only help keep in heat thats created in the enclosed space but Without a hps light or a space heater how do you expect to create heat and therefore increase temps. I would invest in hps and even look for used ones if moneys really that tight but I would grab a new one if possible. I would way rather have my temps stable with my light giving off heat rather than using a space heater I just find space heaters sketch left alone thats just me. Also if you plan to get a hps as I think you will land up doing go barebuld which means throw that reflector/cooled hood away which will increase temps as well. If you need to get it even warmer put the ballast inside the insulated room/tent as it will give off heat that will raise your temps. I think a 400w would be solid for you. heres a link there actually not that much and you will be so much happier if electricity's a prob then just get a 250w. Also make the walls white as that will help reflect light as well. hit me MDB if you need anymore help were all here for you bud.

Here's the links.... if moneys really tight grab a 150wvhps just get a hps MDB haha

400W HPS .....the 250WHPS is 15 bucks less so id say either just grab a 400 if you have the dough or get the 150 below for under 90 bucks

http://www.amazon.com/iPower-GLSETX...=UTF8&qid=1386126065&sr=8-1&keywords=250w+hps

150WHPS
http://www.amazon.com/Sun-System-Wa...=UTF8&qid=1386125189&sr=8-9&keywords=250w+hps

-AJ