What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Help with Sweet Cheese Auto

tetragrammaton

Veteran
Hi Sweet Seeds and everyone reading. I've been inactive for a while, but now I'm back. Anyway, I've never grown any modern auto-flowering plants. The only autos I grew were Mdanzigs Master Low back in 2008, and it was cool but not potent by any means, and I unfortunately ended up with the dwarf pheno, so each plant yielded less than 3 grams.

Since 2014 I've grown Sweed Seed's Green Poison almost exclusively, and any other seeds I buy are from Sweet Seed's as I've personally always had nothing but amazing results and 100% germination.

I decided, since the advancement in autoflowering strains in general, that I'd take advantage of the sun, as I've been on a hiatus from growing indoors because of rising light costs were I reside. Anyway, I purchased Sweet Skunk Auto, and planted the seeds yesterday.

I used Plagron Lightmix. I normally use Bio-Bizz, but I've always used Plagron Nutrients, and was unaware they have soiless medium so I figured I'd give it a try.

So, my question is, how do I feed these? I am used to growing photoperiod strains, and giving the full dose of Plagron Terra Bloom, and Plagron Green Sensation (during the last 4 weeks of flowering), but with an autoflowering strain, I'm not sure what to do as far as feeding them, especially with the Green Sensation, which is a must for me, as it just makes buds explode.

Thanks in advance to whoever responds to me.

Attachments

• 78457573_2493800314274813_5821321028579622912_n.jpg
    78457573_2493800314274813_5821321028579622912_n.jpg
    40.8 KB · Views: 31
Last edited:

blueschato

Veteran
I never user plagron feeds,i use biobz and usually i feed the first 2 weeks root juice,the biogrow until the first week of Bloom,then Bloom and some booster.
I'd used g.s. One time and was good but not explosive as they say.
About Grow feed depend the strain,dwarf kind need less N,more big more N,sweet skunk strain it's a medium/big plant,,,
Autos don't need much food,half dose or little more it's enough,normally i run at 1000/1400 us.

tetragrammaton

Veteran
Thank you, those links helped.

Luckily today 12/12/2019 the 4 seeds all sprouted. A little less than a week since the seeds were planted directly in the soiless medium. 100% germination rate as always with my experience with sweet seeds.

Attachments

• sweetcheeseauto.jpg
    sweetcheeseauto.jpg
    78 KB · Views: 46

tetragrammaton

Veteran
Hi tetragrammaton :)

First of all, I would like to thank you for trusting us, choosing Sweet Seeds for your crops.
I'm glad to know that all have germinated. (our quality precedes us) :p

In case you are interested, we have launched a contest: 6th Sweet Seeds® Grow Diary Competition [+12.500€ in prizes]

Sweet smokes and good luck!
-Apolo

No, I am the one who is thankful to Sweet Seeds. I will grow nothing else. I have had nothing but 100% germination rates, and great success with the photoperiod Green Poison, as well as Cream Caramel and SAD. Always top quality and always amazing. When I am at the growshops and people try to offer me other brands, or try to tell me that there are discounts on other brands, I quickly tell them I only purchase Sweet Seeds. In fact, the other day I went and purchased Green Poison Auto, to plant once my Sweet Cheese Auto's are done.

Attatched is a picture of one of the 4 baby Sweet Cheese Autos on day 3, along with a picture of my newly purchased Green Poison seeds.

I also plan on getting a Sweet Seeds tattoo in the near future because in my opinion, your team has nothing but quality. I have never been disappointed.

Attachments

• day3.jpg
    day3.jpg
    90.6 KB · Views: 34
  • 79741034_2877029695663641_4536351007860326400_n.jpg
    79741034_2877029695663641_4536351007860326400_n.jpg
    38.9 KB · Views: 36
Last edited:

SweetApolo

No, I am the one who is thankful to Sweet Seeds. I will grow nothing else. I have had nothing but 100% germination rates, and great success with the photoperiod Green Poison, as well as Cream Caramel and SAD. Always top quality and always amazing. When I am at the growshops and people try to offer me other brands, or try to tell me that there are discounts on other brands, I quickly tell them I only purchase Sweet Seeds. In fact, the other day I went and purchased Green Poison Auto, to plant once my Sweet Cheese Auto's are done.

Attatched is a picture of one of the 4 baby Sweet Cheese Autos on day 3, along with a picture of my newly purchased Green Poison seeds.

I also plan on getting a Sweet Seeds tattoo in the near future because in my opinion, your team has nothing but quality. I have never been disappointed.

If you get a tattoo, feel free to send us photos :huggg:

Good luck with this new grow!

Sweet smokes,
-Apolo

tetragrammaton

Veteran
Day 7 Update. They seem to be enjoying the heat and the sun. (It's been in the 80s/90's here). There was only one cloudy day during the past 7 days, but the forecast for this upcoming week is amazing. I'm assuming that they are establishing their roots now, and I should see some major growth this time next week.

Attachments

• 20191219_155637.jpg
    20191219_155637.jpg
    90.3 KB · Views: 39
  • 20191219_155649.jpg
    20191219_155649.jpg
    60.2 KB · Views: 36

tetragrammaton

Veteran
Healthy plants mate :biggrin:

Come on to the contest , will be great !!!

:tiphat:

Thank you! I'm unsure how to enter the contest, because when I looked up the rules, it lead me to believe I have to sign up to another forum, I think some uk forum in order to enter, but if I can do it here, please let me know what sub forum I need to do it in.

I'm really looking forward to trying out the finished product. Growing gives me a purpose in life and helps a lot with my depression and dysphoria. Waking up each day to check on my plants gives me something to wake up for. I'm hoping I'll be pleased with Sweet Cheese Auto but I have faith I will because everything from Sweet Seeds that's been grown by me, or someone else proficient has been fire. Personally I've never smoked any form of Cheese, unless you want to count Skunk 1 which is where it supposedly originates from. Back in 2006 I had some Skunk 1 that was VERY cheesy.

I'm also really looking forward to planting my Green Poison Auto's as well, because Green Poison is my favorite photoperiod strain to grow and smoke, probably in my top 10 strain list, and I'd like to see how it is in Auto form.

Peace and love, and sweet smokes to all!

P

pongster

nice bro!!!
are you facing north?
Santiago sun is wonderful for weed =)
i think i might hop into a sweet seeds auto for fun,
cheers mate!
:rasta:

bibi40

Thank you! I'm unsure how to enter the contest, because when I looked up the rules, it lead me to believe I have to sign up to another forum, I think some uk forum in order to enter, but if I can do it here, please let me know what sub forum I need to do it in.

I'm really looking forward to trying out the finished product. Growing gives me a purpose in life and helps a lot with my depression and dysphoria. Waking up each day to check on my plants gives me something to wake up for. I'm hoping I'll be pleased with Sweet Cheese Auto but I have faith I will because everything from Sweet Seeds that's been grown by me, or someone else proficient has been fire. Personally I've never smoked any form of Cheese, unless you want to count Skunk 1 which is where it supposedly originates from. Back in 2006 I had some Skunk 1 that was VERY cheesy.

I'm also really looking forward to planting my Green Poison Auto's as well, because Green Poison is my favorite photoperiod strain to grow and smoke, probably in my top 10 strain list, and I'd like to see how it is in Auto form.

Green poison is a great strain ,
i has got to sweet seeds with this ,
try Killerkush mate :biggrin:

And for the contest just read and agree the rules in this sub-forum ...

For now i'm alone in the contest and will be happy to chalenge with you :dance013:

bibi40

nice bro!!!
are you facing north?
Santiago sun is wonderful for weed =)
i think i might hop into a sweet seeds auto for fun,
cheers mate!

Hey mate ,

come on ,

i' m waiting for you for the contest , just good things can happen :biggrin:

SweetApolo

You do not need to register in the English forum. You can participate without problem;)

tetragrammaton

Veteran
Unfortunately I do not yet qualify to enter the competition as I don't have a prior grow diary documented here, but I will create a grow diary here, so I can enter a future competition.

P

pongster

Hey mate ,

come on ,

i' m waiting for you for the contest , just good things can happen :biggrin:

gonna grab my bike tomorrow morning to get the same strain as you "sweet gelato auto"
my veggy tent will be empty soon, and need to keep it busy! =) maybe grow 1 plant only =)
cheers! let's smoke a J

Unfortunately I do not yet qualify to enter the competition as I don't have a prior grow diary documented here, but I will create a grow diary here, so I can enter a future competition.

send an email anyways; most restrictions apply because in europe they send some samplers!!!! but we can't receive them here =(

tetragrammaton

Veteran
are you facing north?

Lol, I have no idea, I'll have to ask. It never was something I've wondered or had the desire to know until now. I didn't know it was of importance, but I'll find out and update you. All I know is that I have to move them throughout the day on my terrace, as throughout the day some areas become shady as the earth moves.

As far as an update on the plants. Since yesterday's pictures, there was quite a bit of growth today. The second set of leaves, especially the center leaflet (too early to tell if the second set will be single leaf or three) has grown quite a bit, as have the first set of leaves, the leaf stems of the first node are now emerging as are the internodes.

I will continue uploading this thread with progress reports as well as questions/concerns should they arise, and I will be posting photographs every 7 days, as I feel like a daily update would be kind of boring for now as all of us (well most of us) are familiar with the first week or two of the seedling stage.

Peace, love, and sweet smokes!

P

pongster

Lol, I have no idea, I'll have to ask. It never was something I've wondered or had the desire to know until now. I didn't know it was of importance, but I'll find out and update you. All I know is that I have to move them throughout the day on my terrace, as throughout the day some areas become shady as the earth moves.

hey bro!
well it is of huge importance when growing outdoor/terrace. maybe the most important...
facing north, you'll have sunlight all day long.
east (Andes), sunlight in the morning
west (Coast), sunlight in the afternoon
south, almost no direct sunlight

by looking at your pictures and time of posting, i would guess you are facing west;
just my one cent, try to water in the morning (if you are facing west) so the most saturated period comes before direct sunlight.

imo, post as many pictures and as often as you like, i usually avoid posts that are just walls of text... =)
best of luck!
cheers
:smoweed:

tetragrammaton

Veteran
Day 9 Update. All 4 are the same, so I only took a picture of one for now. I also am attatching the current forecast as well as the upcoming days. They sure are loving the sun!

Just since yesterday they've experienced quite a bit of leaf growth. I usually water them around dusk if needed, as I'm rarely awake in the morning.

I spent last night looking at grow diaries of Sweet Cheese Auto from a variety of forums, and I must say, I am looking forward to experience the fruits of my labor. I saw a Sweet Cheese Auto in a 7L pot indoors under 250 pull around 60 per plant, so I'm hoping I can get over that with the full sun. Stupid question that I should know the answer, but what is the sun equivalent to in wattage to a MH/HPS?

Anyway, here's the pics. I guess I'll take pongsters advice and take a picture whenever I see any significant progress or change, which with the forecast looking amazing, and the plants loving the sun, I have faith that each day I will start seeing major growth now that the roots are being established.

Attachments

• 20191221_170620.jpg
    20191221_170620.jpg
    89.7 KB · Views: 38
  • Screenshot_20191221-173939_Weather.jpg
    Screenshot_20191221-173939_Weather.jpg
    23 KB · Views: 53
  • Screenshot_20191221-173945_Weather.jpg
    Screenshot_20191221-173945_Weather.jpg
    21.4 KB · Views: 41