What's new

Help with stalled plants in small tent

prophecy

In my garden - I check EVERY FUCKING THING.
Knowlege is a healthy garden -

OMG! :p LIke you said...knowledge is is a healthy garden. You should know that in soil the pH is auto-adjusting by itself...!

Do you check the air quality, to much sound in it? Probably not, why? Because its not necessary like to check pH...in soil.

Fat J

Check the bugs closely - root aphids will often cause the most intensely lit leves to flush yellow as if N is low, and you often see rusty spots, and things that look like random nute deficiencies. if u get a real close look at the bugs, the root aphids have 2 little tubes comin out their backs like a dual exhaust. If you have these, check the forums, lotsa good infos on them.

Also...prop - good soil is ph buffered, so ph isnt as important, but repeated waterings with excessively high or low ph water will eventually neutralize the buffers and cause problems with nute uptake, especially if u feed heavily. I just make sure my ladies get like 6.3-6.8 ph when in dirt, never did me wrong. (if you add nutes to water, but dont adjust ph, the nute solution u mixed is still gonna affect ur soil's ph)

Also, suggesting that using ph down/up will effect bud flavor - is absurd, just plain old bad info. You should check ur facts, not to be a douche, but you're giving out bad info, that hurts new growers...

prophecy

if you add nutes to water, but dont adjust ph, the nute solution u mixed is still gonna affect ur soil's ph

Also, suggesting that using ph down/up will effect bud flavor - is absurd, just plain old bad info. You should check ur facts, not to be a douche, but you're giving out bad info, that hurts new growers...

No cause the buffer in soil will correct it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

pH adjusted plant and no pH adjusted plant will not taste and smell the same same thing. Its just what I say. I don't say that adjust pH will make cannabis that taste bad! Its verified info buddy! The product you use to adjust pH affect the secondary metabolism of the plant which is flavor and taste! My friend is vegetal biologist!

I ALWAYS did very very very good with no adjusted water and I stick with it! Much easier!!!!

No pH adjusted Hashberry!
mshbharvest.jpg

Fat J

to an extent yes, but if ur feeding a lot of nutes no... course the best way 2 grow in dirt is 2 make a really good soil mix n just give water... maybe a lil compost tea now n then. if youre not giving chem nutes, and just giving water in dirt, yes, you can get away with that. But i still disagree about changing the flavor, i have yet to see a side x side test where this was the only variable. Different nutes/systems, yes different taste... giving/not giving a tiny bot of phosphoric acid - no sir, i truly doubt that ^.^

G

Guest129216

But checking the out tells you about the soil. Is it acidic or alkaline. It can make a difference -

YEOW 35C is 95F!!!

That's kinda warm-ish

Yeah I know, but that is rare, and only on days that have constant sun, which is not too many. Normally it is about 25-30 c.

and Bom,,, son,,,,

stuff like bugs in the grow is important and relative info - and the more ACCURATE info you share,,, even if your not sure it is relevent.

Also, I see your in an attic,,,, attics are usually hot - what are your temps lights on? and lights off?

Temps lights off is 12-20. Depends on outdoor temps, as the tent is in an uninsolated attic.

Yeah I should have told ya about those flies, but I didnt think they were harmful. I am pretty sure that theese are the ones

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Drosophila

Have them in my plants in my house, and since the cannabis was here before, they probably have come with the plants. I couldnt find any info on weather they were harmful or not on the net. I asked at the local gardencentre a while ago, and they said that it was not harmful to the plant. But ofcourse they might be wrong...... My plants in my house dont seem to mind them though.

Great ph discussion guys........ I didnt get my ph meter today either.

I will just water with normal water for a little while, or what do you think?

Thx so much for all the help and info. I will check on them tonight again.

RockyMountainHi

I'd rather laugh with the sinners than cry with th
Veteran
Bom,

You have a long list of potential issues - one hot day can take a week or longer for the plants to recover - the bugs, the pH -- and some of these variations affect each other - (temp issues change plant metabolism and chemistry) yet the plants are doing pretty well - considering.

For being in an attic too, you get an atta-boy!

Your conditions are far from ideal - and much of the issues were not mentioned in the original post so you have some "homework" to do.
Again! lol - (it never ends)

Just continue to refine and dial in.

And winter is coming - polar bears live well in uninsulated attics,,, grow ops???? not so much.
- and the cops get suspicious when all the snow melts off the only roof for miles around

see above - It never ends. lol

Latest posts

Latest posts