What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Help with my first grow?

Yes FunTimesIndeed, a true man of Empire - born to Britain with Italian and Persian ancestry. Marijuana is the medice I use to sway my unquenchable desire tax and steal.

I am ashamed to say that I am in need of your invaluable expertise once again. I'm wiring up my PC power thingy to a power strip. The power strip has an earth wire. What should I do with it? Should I connect it to the PC earth which is attached to the case, or should I just tape it up?

Many thanks,

LOL. I've heard organic gardeners are big on leafmoulde across the pond. That would be a fine substitute for sphagnum peat moss if you can find it or have the time to make it. The product recommendations I made were assuming you were in the U.S., but you should have no problem finding your local versions being in a garden loving country.

As far as your question goes, I have no idea. There's always the growroom design and microgrow sections if you don't get an answer here.

moonymonkey

not sure if i got the right type of lava rock,this stuff is red and has a crust on it ,its called decorative lava rock,if so it looks lik it needs to have the crusty suff washed off with water??..mm/

That's fine. Run it over a couple of times or whack it with the sledge hammer if you want it finer. I don't worry about the rock dust at all, but I suppose cleaning it wouldn't hurt.