What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

help with maxibloom

statusquo

125 ppm is low...my tap is 400+ IIRC. I don't know much about hydro but if you plan on switching anyways black_thumb you mine as well try TRUESCIENCE's method. My gut feeling says it's not a deficiency problem. You have been feeding them something and they are so young I just find it hard to believe they could be exhibiting deficiencies already. More often than not we give our plants too much. I have read that coco is supposed to be watered very frequently if done in pots and hand watered (at least once a day) and drip/emitter systems are ideal. This would imply frequent watering really does re-oxygenate the roots and help distribute nutrients more evenly throughout the medium. Keep us informed!

if it were me id start watering once a day then boost it to 2x a day once i see results...

this is not my method all my coco knowledge comes from grat3fulh3ad, i highly advice reading his entire 92 page sticky tons of great information!

for example on starting seeds:

I soak the seeds in h2o until they sink, then put then into styrofoam egg carton cells full of moist coco (charged with half strength nutrients) and as soon as they break ground I put them as close to the fluoros as I can without feeling heat. I like the styrofoam egg carton cells because they root up fast and prevent any water stress issues, and I feel like I'm recycling something, plus they reflect light well. as soon as they start growing regular leaves and being fed normal strength nute, I move them into small solo cups.
one or two pinholes on the side close to the bottom.
water with ph adjusted tap until seed leaves begin to lighten and regular leaves begin to form, then a couple of 1/2 str feedings then once real leaves are growing transplant and feed regularly.

good luck.

so do i water 2x a day or once every few days? pots are well draning
once every few days until the roots show through the bottom then once a day. But make sure the top of your coco doesnt dry out.

Also Try to be consistent with your ph keep it between 5.5 and 5.9.

I had issues on my first maxibloom grow that calmag cured. I was getting brown spots on some leaves and yellowing on others. thats a pic of the brown spots. sometimes they had a yellow halo around them too.
picture.php

noteron

Theres no need to add cal mg to your tap water or R/O if you are using maxibloom. Its has enough in it already. Read the K.I.S.S thread. It doesnt get any easier!

Theres no need to add cal mg to your tap water or R/O if you are using maxibloom. Its has enough in it already. Read the K.I.S.S thread. It doesnt get any easier!

That is not fully correct. All plants require different levels of nutrients.
Some plants do fine with no Cal Mag and Maxibloom..but many need more...especially on coco.

The plant will show what it requires

Latest posts

Latest posts