What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Help with defeciency

Jainaproudmore2

hi everyone, Ive been veggin these babies for almost 2 months now. And i have been noticing stunted growth and weird colors on the leaves starting from the tips. At first i thought it was nute burn, so i flushed with PH'd water and fed only water for 2 weeks. But im still having the same problem, so im guessing it must be a deficency of some kind. But I cant figure out what kind of defeciency it is, or what to add. Please, any help or advice would be GREATLY apprecieated!!!!!

Attachments

• IMG_20150821_161909.jpg
    IMG_20150821_161909.jpg
    68 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_20150821_161929.jpg
    IMG_20150821_161929.jpg
    82.7 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_20150824_161030.jpg
    IMG_20150824_161030.jpg
    84.4 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_20150824_161222.jpg
    IMG_20150824_161222.jpg
    69.3 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_20150824_161403.jpg
    IMG_20150824_161403.jpg
    63.3 KB · Views: 4
Hard to tell from that angle but if they have been in those pots two months you should transplant to larger containers. That's probably the stunted growth. Otherwise ya, looks like some nute burn on the tips. Transplant and flower em. Good luck

Radic

re-pot is a must..

what is the max temps in the grow space???
too hot will burn the tips and stunt the growth...
hydro or soil grow???
what brand of nutrients are you feeding them???
do you filter their water ????
---> fed only water for 2 weeks will slow the growth down too..
always follow the directions of your nutrient manufacturer,, especially the flush directions..
check their web sites for detailed directions...

JamieShoes

Father, Carer, Toker, Sharer
Veteran
ok, this plant is being seriously overfed with N ... the next thing I would say is that the blemish on the leaves looks like TMV but could just be nute burn... agreed, a re pot is a must, she outgrew that one a good while back...

be lucky
j

Vanilla Phoenix

Super Lurker
ICMag Donor
Transplant those things ASAP. Almost can guarantee your problems will go away. Give em some nice n roomy, fresh footing and watch how happy they get. :)

Lester Beans

Frequent Flyer
Veteran
Notice the leaves twisting? Your pH is way off. And by the dark green color I'm guessing way to low. As suggested above transplant and water with plain water ph'd to 6.8. The blemish on the leaf is probably a K deficiency resulting from the low pH.

So first transplant

Water with PH correct water.

Next watering I would give the plant a half strength dose of bloom nutrients, ph'd to 6.8.

Good luck!

Jainaproudmore2

re-pot is a must..

what is the max temps in the grow space???
too hot will burn the tips and stunt the growth...
hydro or soil grow???
what brand of nutrients are you feeding them???
do you filter their water ????
---> fed only water for 2 weeks will slow the growth down too.

Maxt temps in the day are 88 and at night 70s.
Soil - Foxfarm oceanforest
nutes are foxfarm as well
All of my water is tap, that i leave to sit for 24 hours

Jainaproudmore2

Hard to tell from that angle but if they have been in those pots two months you should transplant to larger containers. That's probably the stunted growth. Otherwise ya, looks like some nute burn on the tips. Transplant and flower em. Good luck

I assumed nute burn at first also, but ive been watering with only water for weeks now.

Radic

day are 88f is way too hot. that is what stunted their growth.
solution--> improve you vents, bigger is better..
day 72f to max 76f
A/C rules

Soil - Foxfarm oceanforest<-- flush once a wk.
Flush.. put the pot on bricks to lift it off the floor to allow good drainage.
pore filtered water into the top of the pot till it pool’s in the pot, but do not over flow the top of the pot. Continue poring the water into the pool and watch the color of the water that drains out the bottom of the pot. When the color of the water that flows out of the bottom of the pot is 100%--> clear ←- your done. Finished.
Stop poring water into the top now and let it drain out.

Note: if some water is still pooled in the top of the pot after 2min, then you need to re-pot into better drained soil or medium.
After your flush is finished,,,,,

nutes are foxfarm
very good complete nutrients.. there will be no deficiency in fox farm nutrients

Start a fresh nutrient solution mix at half the recommended strength. Run that for 2days and then dump it and mix and run a fresh full strength nutrient solution.

When ever a plant gets a big enough shock, it can use up all its available K in less then 1 hour.
88f will cause nuff shock to cause K deficiency ...

Deep Sea Kelp is very high in K and so is agricultural strength potassium bicarbonate. Mix and apply, as directed on the packaging or website, for Foliar Spray applications.
Foliar spray feeds instantly available nutrients, directly to the leaf. Foliar feeding will by-pass the roots. The plant will respond within 1hr of a foliar spray application. You might need to spray several times so keep checking on the plants response.
Warning. safety warning....
spraying plants under hot lights is dangerous,, bad for your health...

Do not spray near/under--> hot lights.<-- Let the light bulbs cool first, or spray just before the lights come on, or take the plants out of the grow space to spray...