What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Help with African Genetics

CHT

Ill be back to growing within the next couple of months.

We have a few ideas for strains, but i was toying with the idea of wrkingf with some swazi bag seed we still have (the first strain we grew)

The seeds we grew were from what our very reliable source told us was pressed imported swazi (a picture in Hight time last year some time showed what looked like exactly the same strain - labelled 'a kilo of imported swazi - a good sign)

The first time round, due to inexperience a number of complications and a few diasters we ended up with only one female - we vegged it for faaaar too long - and needless to say it ended up about seven - eight foot - when finished in 70 odd days under 400 hps.

It yielded about 3 oz dry - and the smoke was different, a lemony flavour and a very energetic up high. It wasnt not hugely frosty but the cyrstsals it did have were big (really big).

It was a very easy strain to work with it didnt mind the sometimes 90 degree temps and cloned easily.

What id like someone in the know to tell me - is, what exactly Swazi is - ie is it a land race strain? Is it 100% Sativa or sativa dfominant?

How much variation will I find in this strain?

Will it do well in sog or scrog set up?

And finally does anyone think it would be an interesting strain to make some crosses with - I was thinking of a swazi x Afgan.

Cheers

CHT.

G

guest123

hey cht ive grown a few swazi , direct from a freind in south africa , no seedbank ... the were similar to what you described , but doubt you would ever see its true potential inside given its a pure sativa , as sativery as they come , and yep id reckin she d definately be classed as a land race ... there is very little variation in them really from what ive seen , i noted a carroty kinda smell on mine .. some were fat and tight but others were not so , but the same plants just not tight buds ... they smelt all very similar to the point when a mate showed me something he couldnt identify in his garden it was easy for me to tell it was an african swazi , must have gotten a spare on in some seed i gave him ...
yes id be real interested to see how it crosses with an afghani , as it has a heap of vigour and grows and grows even on shorter winter days here , could be a fun cross ... id definatel scrog it indoors if i were you to get the max out of it and avoid any possible lankiness .. good luck on your project mate ...

CHT

Thanks

Thanks

Cheers mate - I dont know if its mind playing tricks on me after reading your post but im sure I noticed that carooty smell you mentioned.

This is definatly something I will do but think it masybe requires a little mre expertise than I CURRENTLY have (on the back burner for now)

But if this has interested anyone who is in the position to do something with these very uniform seeds PM me i have loads.

G

guest123

hahaha , yea it seems once someone tells you the smell you can recognise it similarly , smell is a very powerful memory and can trigger other sences .... sometimes hard to put a finger on some smells that cannabis has , they all seem similar to something youve smelt before dont you find ??/ ill find a pic somewhere and add it of the carroty swazi i have grown , some was extremely resin coated and a very nice smoke .... cheers mate ..

ezozo

Hi Farmer John, great I got my Gambia (and some Burmese and Paraguay) seeds last week and I really really looking for inforamtion about them.
Do you grow indoor or outdoor ?

I am growing indoor and I know that with the Paraguay seeds I can't do nothing but maybe with the Gambia or the Burmese seeds I can do some thing.

Hope you will find some info and let me know.
If I will know something I will post it here.

Thanks,
zozo

G

guest123

i sure wouldnt try them indoors farmer if i were you , the true potential can only be reached outdoors in the right climate , then you ll see what youve missed indoors , its a pure sativa and is bred to grow outdoors , there are many more you could choose for your indoor grow that you would find more pleasing and are bred for the occasion .. then again if you want to have some fun go for your life , truley an indoor growers challenge ..

lala , yea carroty ,, must be my nose , geez its big ....lol .. but yes there sure was earthyness among the african i got ... will show you a few pics when i get roun d to loading them , i found african sativas liked the aussie climate .. and i dispersed the first round i grew of it , keeping none myself , i had huge fat buds at the time and didnt thing the sativa would do the job .. i was quite wrong , a few tokes on a joint at a mates where it had gone showed me a soaring sativa high , very surprising that it affected me as strongly given that i was smoking the likes of super skunk at the time ....

G

guest123

heres a pic of some swazi for you ... shame bout your climate , that sort of weather would kill me i think ...
7hairy-med.jpg

med_breeder

lala,
that pic of yours on page 1 was a thing of beauty,

is that all one plant!

how much did that baby yeild?

great plant

peace,
mb

Latest posts

Latest posts