What's new

HELP WANTED: New Drip System from Bloombox transplanted into my homemade cab

J Budman

All help is appreciated as I want this grow to succeed more than anything... I am somewhat a noob, somewhat not. The soil aspect I have under control, it's the hydro I really need help with. Well, here we go... This is what I have so far...

Attachments

• Saved Silver Haze Baby 2.jpg
    Saved Silver Haze Baby 2.jpg
    56.7 KB · Views: 5
  • Close Up With Blockers.jpg
    Close Up With Blockers.jpg
    31.4 KB · Views: 5
  • Close Up Without Blockers.jpg
    Close Up Without Blockers.jpg
    88.5 KB · Views: 7
  • Drip System With Blockers.jpg
    Drip System With Blockers.jpg
    37.1 KB · Views: 7
  • Drip System Without Blockers.jpg
    Drip System Without Blockers.jpg
    66.4 KB · Views: 7
  • The Veg:Soil Side.jpg
    The Veg:Soil Side.jpg
    33.7 KB · Views: 10
  • The Whole Cab.jpg
    The Whole Cab.jpg
    35.3 KB · Views: 7
  • Seedlings in Soil.jpg
    Seedlings in Soil.jpg
    52.5 KB · Views: 9
  • Germinating.jpg
    Germinating.jpg
    56.9 KB · Views: 10
  • Saved Silver Haze Baby.jpg
    Saved Silver Haze Baby.jpg
    56.7 KB · Views: 9

J Budman

If anything looks strange or discolored let me know. If anything at all can be improved, just let me know. If anyone wants close ups or anything just say so...

Oh yeah and here's what I'm using for nutes, etc.
General Hydroponics Flora Nova One-Part Grow 7-4-10 for veg and first week of flower then,
General Hydroponics Flora Nova One-Part Bloom 4-8-7 for flower,
Hygrozyme (A Natural Cleaner for Growing Mediums,
General Hydroponics Floralicious Plus Super Concentrated Organic Enhancer 2-0.8-0.02
General Hydroponics Liquid Kool Bloom Bulking Formula 0-10-10 (Only in Flower)

Flower Side:
I have a 125 Hps (debating on using for veg with Cfls)
2 T8 Floros,
3 hanging 100 watt Equivalent Cfls (Cool White I think)

Veg Side
A 4 100 watt Bulb CFL Batwing,
4 Under-Cabinet Floros with daylight bulbs,
A DIY 6 100 watt bulb CFL contraption(at a loss for words)

They've been in the drip system for ten days on ph 5.8 water brought down using PH-, PH+,
They are all seedlings so sex is unknown until flower,
6 of which I was told are silver haze, the other four are just some insane heady seeds i got myself from a bag,
I just changed the rez out and put in a quarter strength nutes. They seem to be reacting well. The only thing I've noticed that's strange is my ph keeps climbing. I have to use ph- almost everyday to keep it down is that normal? If I left anything out or anyone has any questions or comments just ask or tell, I don't care, as long as I end up with some dank nugs...

The veg side I'm just gonna use to veg all my seedlings into potential moms and bushy plants to flower later, so I have that side covered. I'm gonna need the most help with the flower/hydro side that I'm going to use to veg and flower the ten seedlings I have started in there in the rockwool and have now placed into the drip system. The drip system turns on for five minutes every twelve hours to keep the rockwool moist. I have four airstones ran by a four outlet air pump (It cranks).

Thanks Everyone
J Budman

J Budman

More pics...

More pics...

Pics as of March 7, 2011...

Attachments

• IMG_0094.jpg
    IMG_0094.jpg
    53.3 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_0093.jpg
    IMG_0093.jpg
    36.4 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_0092.jpg
    IMG_0092.jpg
    28.7 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_0090.jpg
    IMG_0090.jpg
    29.8 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_0089.jpg
    IMG_0089.jpg
    25.1 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_0088.jpg
    IMG_0088.jpg
    28.3 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_0087.jpg
    IMG_0087.jpg
    27 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_0086.jpg
    IMG_0086.jpg
    26.2 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_0085.jpg
    IMG_0085.jpg
    25.5 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_0084.jpg
    IMG_0084.jpg
    25.5 KB · Views: 14

J Budman

26 Views and not one comment? Not one person with a helping hand? Is this still ICMag.com or what? Somebody say something even if it's "you suck at growing hydro!" I dont care what it is just somebody say something please or direct to the proper place to post this for help along the way...

Thanks

J Budman

Pics as of March 9, 2011...

Pics as of March 9, 2011...

Jesus these things go fast!!! They leaves are just way thicker and bigger than in soil. Never mind the grow rate!!! Well here's what they all look like now....

Oh yeah and I added another seedling into the hydro setup so it's a little small I know... And now there's eleven, increasing my potential mothers. YES!

I skipped a pic of one of the regular ones to show you guys a pic of the newest baby. It's the last pic in the series...

Does anyone know how to upload more than ten pictures at a time? And how does the drag and drop images option work, it always links to something else when I drag and drop...?

Attachments

• IMG_0104.jpg
    IMG_0104.jpg
    22.9 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_0106.jpg
    IMG_0106.jpg
    32.6 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_0107.jpg
    IMG_0107.jpg
    24 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_0108.jpg
    IMG_0108.jpg
    31.5 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_0103.jpg
    IMG_0103.jpg
    27 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_0102.jpg
    IMG_0102.jpg
    24.6 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_0101.jpg
    IMG_0101.jpg
    25.5 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_0100.jpg
    IMG_0100.jpg
    28.7 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_0099.jpg
    IMG_0099.jpg
    25.9 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_0098.jpg
    IMG_0098.jpg
    30.8 KB · Views: 7

keat

Im thinking about going dripper myself, but i havent got it started yet so i cant give u any advice.
But i'll post and wish you good luck atleast!

J Budman

Plants as of March !3, 2011...

Plants as of March !3, 2011...

Thanks keat and killerweed31 for joining the show. keat the dripper system is the easiest thing I've ever tried as far as hydro, and the only thing I haven't really tried is ebb and flow tables. I heard they're great too. These pics should show how well the drip system works. Now that the roots are hitting the water in the rez they're exploding... They look great for the most part, I'm posting pics of the two I'm kinda worried about. I don't know if it's because they're sick or if it's because their roots haven't hit the water in the rez like the rest. That's what I hope all you ICMaggers can help me with...

Well here it goes...

The last two are the ones I'm concerned about... The third to last I just think is a little behind because the roots aren't hitting the rez yet. The last two look sick or stunted or something. I've had it happen before, just never asked about it....

Any advice appreciated...

Thanks,
J Budman

J Budman

... for some reason they didn't upload to the last post.

Attachments

• Everyone.jpg
    Everyone.jpg
    45.4 KB · Views: 5
  • Roots not touching.jpg
    Roots not touching.jpg
    32.8 KB · Views: 11
  • sick??.jpg
    sick??.jpg
    28.3 KB · Views: 4
  • Sick?.jpg
    Sick?.jpg
    35.8 KB · Views: 9
  • Roots 2.jpg
    Roots 2.jpg
    77.5 KB · Views: 6
  • Roots 1.jpg
    Roots 1.jpg
    42.5 KB · Views: 11
  • Growth 4.jpg
    Growth 4.jpg
    39 KB · Views: 6
  • Growth 3.jpg
    Growth 3.jpg
    43.5 KB · Views: 7
  • Growth 2.jpg
    Growth 2.jpg
    46 KB · Views: 5
  • Growth.jpg
    Growth.jpg
    42.7 KB · Views: 6

someotherguy

Veteran
high man, i haven't done a hydro run in a couple of years so i'm no expert, ...and when i did do hydro it was DWC so a little different than your setup.

...but, i also started out using rockwool and hydroton and it took me about 6 months to get REALLY sick of dealing with it, ...if you DO use it you want to make sure you bury it completely beneath the hydroton or you can get algal growth and mold.

also, i seem to remember i needed to soak my hydroton in a balanced ph solution for a while before using it or my ph wouldn't stabilize.

btw, when referring to your CFL's, it would be helpful if you stuck with the actual wattages, for clarity's sake and because the 'equivalence' values are for incandescent light so completely useless for your purposes.

here is a picture of a vanity light bar i bought for under $5.00 to which i added 4 Y-splitters to give me 8 bulbs. ...so with 23watt bulbs or 26watt bulbs you get approx. 200watts for under $20.00.
picture.php

and here is a shot of it in action in my closet making beans.
picture.php

btw, have you seen PL-L lights? they are a relatively new form of remotely ballasted CFL with a straight bulb rather than a twisted bulb, ...what that means is more efficient distribution of light and less heat in the grow space.

picture.php

and inside my clone-box.
picture.php

anyway, good luck with your hydro endeavors, the growth can be truly impressive.

peace, and stay safe, SOG

J Budman

Hey SOG. Thanks for looking. I actually have that same "cfl batwing" light bar setup in the ceiling of my veg side. I haven't put the splitters on mine yet because I don't have enough yet, but I am really interested in those straight cfl's. They look like they'd work great.

My computer totally crashed so I'm actually checking this and writing from my iPhone. Is there anyway to post pictures straight from my iPhone to here? Does anyone know? Eight of the plants are doing awesome and getting huge! I'd live to post some pics, but my computer sucks!!! As soon as I can I will. Stay tuned, please keep the suggestions coming too please.

Thanks,
J Budman

PotentGreen

Tagged.
I'm doing my first run with hydro right now. Its DWC with hydroton, no rockwool. In the near future I will be incorporating a small water pump and drip system so I dont have to hand water the hydroton to prevent the roots in there (that aren't in my res) from drying out. I have the drippers and everything, just gotta go buy the little 15 $ pump. Your set up is looking real nice :) You've inspired me... Going to go grab a pump and set this thing up :)

J Budman

Tagged.
I'm doing my first run with hydro right now. Its DWC with hydroton, no rockwool. In the near future I will be incorporating a small water pump and drip system so I dont have to hand water the hydroton to prevent the roots in there (that aren't in my res) from drying out. I have the drippers and everything, just gotta go buy the little 15 $ pump. Your set up is looking real nice :) You've inspired me... Going to go grab a pump and set this thing up :)
So glad I could help man. I wish I could figure out how to post pics from my iPhone.then you'd really be inspired! They're all huge already! At least 5 nodes on each and they're getting tall. I'm so pumped! Finally I'm pretty sure this is definite success. So happy right now, I wish I could show you all why. I'm gonna go google a way to post from my phone. I'll be back hopefully with pics. Unless someone wants to help me out with a MacBook pro charger. Hahaha

J Budman

I actually topped the biggest one yesterday just to try to slow vertical growth a little to let the rest of the canopy to catch up. Some are tall some are short. Definitely two real sativ-ish and the rest are all real indica-ish. Haha. They are beautiful! I just need to even them out a little. Then I'm thinking maybe scrogging after I figure put who's male and female? What do you guys think? Or should I just bud it out and get some smoke? Remember I haven't ever completed before, but I am setup for scrog and I heard it's easy. Any ideas again are greatly appreciated. I just really wanna harvest so be honest whether or not to scrog. Please.

Thanks,
J Budman

J Budman

More Pics finally...

More Pics finally...

i topped everything I had. I figure if I'm gonna just do SOG I might as well get as many colas as possible... There is gonna be quite a few pics since I haven't been on since my computer crashed. But I'll try to keep them in order. I'm gonna keep en to a minimum too... Check em out and let me know what you think. I'm just gonna squish all that's been missed into ten photos, then hopefully I can keep my computer going and keep updating...

When do you guys think I should start to flower???

Attachments

• Plants Side.jpg
    Plants Side.jpg
    56.9 KB · Views: 6
  • More Roots.jpg
    More Roots.jpg
    40.7 KB · Views: 5
  • Two Colas After Topping.jpg
    Two Colas After Topping.jpg
    42 KB · Views: 5
  • Indica After Getting Topped.jpg
    Indica After Getting Topped.jpg
    43.8 KB · Views: 7
  • Indica Before Getting Topped.jpg
    Indica Before Getting Topped.jpg
    72.7 KB · Views: 4
  • Sativa.jpg
    Sativa.jpg
    76.9 KB · Views: 5
  • Babies.jpg
    Babies.jpg
    63.6 KB · Views: 8
  • Beginning Nodes.jpg
    Beginning Nodes.jpg
    49 KB · Views: 4
  • Baby Indica.jpg
    Baby Indica.jpg
    57.5 KB · Views: 5
  • Plants Top.jpg
    Plants Top.jpg
    76.5 KB · Views: 5

J Budman

I want scrog it bad except I don't know if they're all female. They're from seed. Wow-wow. That's why I was gonna start flowering now, pull the males (if any) then throw my screen in and train during flower? Can I do that? Or should I just wait till I cut some clones so I know they're all female? I'm all setup for scrogging too. Please lemme know guys. I was thinking about flipping them to 12/12 today. I need some bud bad! They're all about 8-10" tall. Vegging well over month, almost two I think. I'm a burnout that's no good with dates, my bad. I gotta gay a day planner or something. Haha. I have a bunch more in soil vegging for some moms and clones. So what's the verdict? Should I flower my babies?

J Budman

Couldn't wait, switched them to 12/12. So yesterday March 27, 2011 was my first day of flower. This is the first hydro crop that Ive gotten to flower so I'm pumped. Now I have to sex them, pull the males, and I was wondering if I could do some scrogging maybe while I'm flowering? Any input on that anyone? Can I pull the males then put in my screen?

PotentGreen

This is my first SCROG, so I am a complete newb. But I'd say go for it. Identify males, get em outta there, lay the screen on the ladies and hopefully they'll fill the screen out with the appropriate stretch :/ I would check other threads to find some real good scroggers before you got through with anything! If I find anything that could help, I'll shoot it your way
PG

J Budman

This is my first SCROG, so I am a complete newb. But I'd say go for it. Identify males, get em outta there, lay the screen on the ladies and hopefully they'll fill the screen out with the appropriate stretch :/ I would check other threads to find some real good scroggers before you got through with anything! If I find anything that could help, I'll shoot it your way
PG

Thanks Man, If you could find anything that'd be great! My comp is shitting the bed slowly but steadily, so it's sometimes hard to even check this thread. So yeah man any help would be much appreciated...

I also sent you a friend request,
J Budman