What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Help something is taking over browser!

STUPPA

I keep getting this thing happening to my browser when i'm surfing ic mag . When i click on a forum it is redirecting me and an opaque advert page is coming up over the top of the page i selected on ICmag.

this is what comes up :
hxxp://skyble.info/pull.php?url=https://www.icmag.com/ic/forumdisplay.php?f=65535

I've changed the http part to hxxp so it does'nt put up a live link.

I have run melware bytes and trend housecall and nothing comes up on the spyware/adware scans. Now i have deleted cookies and macromedia stuff in my folders and the advert has stopped appearing but it still redirects me to :
hxxp://skyble.info/pull.php?url=https://www.icmag.com/ic/forumdisplay.php?f=65535

In my history folder in firefox it just comes up as "pull.php"
The ic mag address above is just the page i happened to be clicking on at the time .But it only seems to happen on icmag which is a bit worrying. Does anyone know about this or how i can get rid of this, i have googled it and cant find any info. thanks

STUPPA

Yay i think it's worked , i ran superantispyware and spybot and they found 200 nasties that malwarebytes did'nt find ,no more skyble has come up so far .

Is this how bad the interweb has become you need 3 or 4 different spy/adware programs to get everything ? wow

I just found out one of the music sites i go on is loading my comp up with junk aswell, bastards they never said anything about that when i signed up :moon:

dusto2k3

just make sure when you install stuff to onlyt add what you want. There are always boxes you will need to uncheck to cancel the installation of other software (toolbars...etc)

Phedrosbenny

Trying to have a good day
Veteran
Yeah its gotten that bad.I dont understand what the assholes that create viruses get out of it.

STUPPA

Well it did'nt go i just got redirected again :mad: bastards ! i've used 4 scanners and none of them identified it , maybe it is new or something i don't know .

I found the files in firefox /profiles/extentions /webplayer and deleted them manually also downloaded a website blocker for firefox (hope that ain't a bug too LOL) i think i will start using chrome instead now and see how that goes .It was a site disguised as mozilla that originally asked me to download it i think and like a fool i must have clicked allow on my firewall d'oh !

GMT

The Tri Guy
Veteran
phed, they get to sell anti virus software.

stuppa, if you're running vista, create a spare guest account, and use that to surf the web. I got one from The Pirate Bay recently that completely took over the account and made it unusable. I just went into another account, deleted the infected account and created a new spare to surf with. No harm done.

PoopyTeaBags

State Liscensed Care Giver/Patient, Assistant Trai
Veteran
download kaspersky from there website there a 30 day trial and it will clean up everything... also maleware bytes and spybot search and destroy with these plus spyware doctor im inpenatrable lol.... all are free besides spyware doctor...

Last edited:

STUPPA

I'm on XP GMT ,keepin it old school :) will that work on there?

I will try downloading kaspersky poopy but my anti-virus /firewall does warn me on everything that i try to intsall or download , this dodgy file was called webplayer and i have a legitimate program called webplayer in my firefox/divx folder that must be what i thought it was .THe snidey gits even copied mozillas graphic on their site to make it look authentic :moon:

Ruger i was originally using malwarebytes but it did'nt show up this webplayer bug and superantispyware and spybot found 200 + nasties that mbam did'nt find so i'm not so sure how effefctive mbam is now TBH. i just hope this webplayer crap has'nt hidden more shit in my comp somewhere ,seems OK so far since i deleted the files i found.

GMT

The Tri Guy
Veteran
Lol I hated XP so much I stayed with 2000 until vista came around, which reminds me of 2000. So long as your operating software allows the creation of multiple user accounts, then yes it will work. Just remember not to give it admistrator level control or it will be able to install the dogey software accross all accounts.

Frogger

phed, they get to sell anti virus software.

stuppa, if you're running vista, create a spare guest account, and use that to surf the web. I got one from The Pirate Bay recently that completely took over the account and made it unusable. I just went into another account, deleted the infected account and created a new spare to surf with. No harm done.
thats a very smart idea:wave: you should make a thread on that
bet it would help a lot of folks:bump:

Latest posts

Latest posts