What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Help Red Spider Mites

hi at all guys, i have a problem with red spider mites, my plants have only 2 week and only one plant has the spots that spiders create, so i have time to aid....

what i can do to kill and prevent these spiders??? I use advanced nutrients, I can use calmag or revive?

Here I am
Here I am
up to now I have only seen one spider, crushed, and this is what he did to the plant....
I hope you can see the red dots well

IMG_1569.jpeg

IMG_1570.jpeg

IMG_1571.jpeg

El Pollo Diablo

Veteran
hi at all guys, i have a problem with red spider mites, my plants have only 2 week and only one plant has the spots that spiders create, so i have time to aid....

what i can do to kill and prevent these spiders??? I use advanced nutrients, I can use calmag or revive?
Which country are you from? You need to look under the leafs spidermites live mostly there.

Doesn't look like spider mite damage, the leaf spots they leave are speckled white with black shit spots.

Your rust spots are from your environment, e.g fertilser, lights, watering schedule, temperature or humidity.

What are these levels at?
you are absolutely right, I have several seedlings and the case only happened to one, the parameters are good and so is the light....

I suspect it is a red spider because this afternoon I crushed one near the damaged plant.,........

I'm wondering if there's anything I can use to prevent this besides neeem oil

El Pollo Diablo

Veteran
Yes when you really got Spider mites you can use BAC Plant Vitality. If you can't get it in Italy you can order it over Spain.

But I'm also not sure if you even got spider mites. When there are some, you can see them run around under the leafs and with a magnifier you can see the eggs. Spider mites usually don't make damages in form of red dots. You can see how the damages look, when you use image search for red spider mites.

Tynehead Tom

a very tiny fast moving red spider is not a spider mite and those red spots on the leaves are not from insect damage. Here in Canada those very tiny little red fast moving spiders actually eat spider mites and other small insects and thier eggs. You might have killed a beneficial spider because zooming in on your pics ..... I just see rust spots which as said by others is your environment or inputs. If PH is correct, lighting is correct, moisture levels are correct..... the plant will grow out of it as it gets bigger. I also have one seedling out of a larger group that also has spots like yours and even a little worse. I thought about it for a while and figured maybe a dry pocket in the soil or that particular seedling has some different needs? I dunno..... my guess is it will grow out of it if I do my part with environment and inputs. I did reduce my LED (sf4000) to 50% as I had it at 65% about 20inches off the plants. Cold roots can show up as spots too and I haven't ruled that out in my case.

good morning everyone, I have an update about my problem, I really think it's not the fault of the spiders, but as someone said before the problem may be due to the rust of the irrigation cycles....

It doesn't seem to be serious because the plant is growing well anyway, but is there a way to make the spots go away??? in addition to neem oil, which helps, but I don't think it helps the plant to regenerate...

IMG_1605.jpeg
IMG_1606.jpeg
IMG_1607.jpeg
IMG_1608.jpeg

IMG_1609.jpeg
:artist:❤️

Dime

Get a magnifying glass and look at it close up everywhere along with the medium surface and containers,if you don't see any mites then don't add neem or anything,neem suffocates stomata,keep your plants on the dry side. If you start from seed you won't get mites unless you introduce them.Your plants look a bit yellow to me and the last pic of the seedling looks like the medium needs to be loosened to get some air so the roots don't have to work as hard. Take the medium and squeeze it into a ball and see how it clings together or if it's too wet. Lift your pots and get a feel for the weight and/or buy a cheap moisture meter till you get the feel. Only water when you need to. You won't get rid of the spots,the rust is probably because it got too wet ,go by your new growth.JMO

thanks for the advice... as for the color of the leaves I think it's the light in the photo, they are actually beautiful green, in the center where they grow a little lighter

yes then it is rust.... the plant in question grows in coconut in hydroponics with an active drip system
regarding the LEDs I use a 550 solar system, but all this does not come from the LEDs.

Tynehead Tom

what is your room temperature running at.
I am learning that the plants need temps around 80F to process properly under these LED lights.
I also have a bunch of seedlings that are spotty and mottled..... I had them under an SF4000 LED in a cool room but just moved them under a HLG 600Bspec in the main room where temps are 78 to 81F and they took right off. To me your pics look like the issue is a relationship between the roots and nutrient uptake. So moisture levels, PH, nutrient strength all need to be looked at.
Despite my seedlings looking funky , when I popped them out of the starter pots at 3 weeks from seed.... the roots looked amazing. So transplant and carry on.

so....here in my area, in the Alps in Italy at 1000m altitude I would say that the climate is early spring these days, I thought the weather would be more stable......

However, in the grow room I was saying I have an active drip hydroponic system, with a 400W LED
temperature is between 20-25 degrees (68F-77F) including the difference between day and night, while that of the water is between 18-22 (64F-72F)

regarding humidity I try to keep it at 50%, even if it obviously tries to increase...

finally, I use advanced nutrients, the sensi series, but I don't go beyond 2ml/L with grow and bloom

PH 5.7 and EC 1500ppm

Last edited: