What's new

Help Prioritize my Afghan Wishlist

GP73LPC

Strain Collector/Seed Junkie/Landrace Accumulator/
Veteran
Simple really...

I have the following 4 strains of Afghan on my wish list.

Flying Dutchman - Afghanica
Grind House - Ancient Afghani
Sensi - Afghan #1
Soma - Afghan Delight

I need to prioritize.

I have grown Nirvana's Afghan and it was wonderful. i wish they still had it. it was short, stinky, sticky and full of dense/hard buds. had a skunkish smell and deep dark green fat leaves...

Which of the above is gonna be close to that?

Are there any other Afghan strains I missed worth mentioning?

what's your FAV ???

comments?

:thank you:

GOT DANK

Veteran
i haven't tried any of those. but if i had to choose i'll pick Grindhouse AA from what i seen . good luck with ur pick.

Wiggs Dannyboy

Last Laugh Foundation
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Sensi seeds Maple Leaf Indica...Sensi been getting a lot of criticism of late about their strains not being as quality as they once were, but the MLI got thumbs up from a few folks who purchased it recently. Here's what Sensi says about it in their catalog..

Description

A most interesting Indica strain of which we know that it left Afghanistan already before the Russian invasion. For some this precious strain will have a whiff of familiarity because it was used as an important building block for some of the most famous varieties of today. It's a compact powerful plant with super wide fingered leaves and a very sweet Indica aroma. A delight for connoisseurs, a taste of the past.

Member D.S. Toker. MD has spoken very highly of this strain, and he appears to be an indica cannaseur. Look for his posts regarding the MLI. His opinion of Sensi's Afghani #1 is that it sucks...

Here is a link to some threads about the strain:

https://www.icmag.com/ic/search.php?searchid=14700174

GP73LPC

Veteran
thanks dank

thanks Wiggs

i will look into the Sensi MLI for sure...

GP73LPC

Veteran
well i gotta tell you the afghan #1 and ancient afghani were really my favorites based on what i read, but...

wow, the MLI sounds great and looks delicious...

very interesting what the DOC has to say...

cool, who else has an opinion?

paladin420

FACILITATOR
Veteran
Gotta go with GrindHouse of course..The AA babies I hav now are very green with broad fat leaves,great germ rate...can't go wrong..my 2

Dawn

I am growing Mr. Nice Ortega right now. It is similar to Maple Leaf. It glistens with resin. Ortega is NL#1 crossed with NL#5 so you get a pure Afghani. My wife uses it for pain and sleep. Very forgiving of mistakes and neglect which I have done both due to a back injury. Sill, I am pleasantly surprised with this strain. Very pungent aroma and fat colas for such small plants. They are in 1 gallon pots because I couldn't repot them due to my back. I didn't clone them this round but I will with the next as I still have seeds. I am also growing NL5/Haze as well. I have one phenotype that smells exactly like my Super Silver Haze. Wish I could have cloned them now.

GP73LPC

Veteran
I read in one of the threads that mr nice ortega was the same genetics as maple leaf indica...

Goyakla

Maybe not totally Afgh.. but I would seriously look at P.Peyote or A Uzbeki plant like Thaskenti from Cannabiogen... she is among the best indicas Ive smoked and I ONLY smoke indicas since the mid. 70.. so I have tried a LOT :)

GP73LPC

Veteran
thanks Goyakla, i've eyeballed the Purple Peyote, but i bought some PCK instead, awaiting delivery now...

i also have plans to get the Panama in the future.

thanks for bringing up the Taskenti... that just went on my wish list... :good:

there goes edro

Veteran
Grindhouse AA is getting solid reviews. Have you looked into Mr. Nice's Shit. Affie/Skunk hybrid. Im sure between these two you cant go wrong!!

Scottish Research

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Some great recommendations here.

You might also look at Farah Kush offered by SGS on Seedbay.

FARAH KUSH This broad leaf plant was found near the city of Farah in Western Afghanistan. This large pure indica type plant is known for it's heavy resin production and rapid flower development. Used by the people of the Farah River region for many years it shows very high rates of stablity, showing little variation between individuals. This stability makes it perfect for breeding new hybrids or to keep in it's pure form to be enjoyed for many years. The strong smell and taste of this Original Cultivar is similar to Train Wreck and other Afghan varieties, but with an extra sweet pungent kick that is extremely delightful. The effects from this plant are heavy, euphoric, and very strong. Farah Kush performs excellent indoors and out. Although outdoor plants begin flowering later in the season, it is very fast to ripen finishing at the end of October. Indoor Flowering Time, 50-60 days.

R.Fortune

GP73LPC

Veteran
Grindhouse AA is getting solid reviews. Have you looked into Mr. Nice's Shit. Affie/Skunk hybrid. Im sure between these two you cant go wrong!!

gonna look into this, thanks...

Some great recommendations here.

You might also look at Farah Kush offered by SGS on Seedbay.

FARAH KUSH This broad leaf plant was found near the city of Farah in Western Afghanistan. This large pure indica type plant is known for it's heavy resin production and rapid flower development. Used by the people of the Farah River region for many years it shows very high rates of stablity, showing little variation between individuals. This stability makes it perfect for breeding new hybrids or to keep in it's pure form to be enjoyed for many years. The strong smell and taste of this Original Cultivar is similar to Train Wreck and other Afghan varieties, but with an extra sweet pungent kick that is extremely delightful. The effects from this plant are heavy, euphoric, and very strong. Farah Kush performs excellent indoors and out. Although outdoor plants begin flowering later in the season, it is very fast to ripen finishing at the end of October. Indoor Flowering Time, 50-60 days.

R.Fortune

thanks looking into this one too...

roach

Veteran
what about Tom Hills Deep Chunk? never grown it myself, but its at the top of my "afghans i need to get" list

Hold Your Fire

Finding my way back home
Veteran

I just popped some Shit, hoping to find something affy leaning.

Devil might be a better choice if looking for an affy.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest posts