What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Help! Plants looking wilted and possible CA-MG def?

whats VPD? its still happening! i have a dehumidifier in there, air is moving. not sure why it keeps happening i lowered PH to 5.8 a few days and its around 6.2 most days.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

S

SeaMaiden

Vapor pressure deficit, and what I'm looking at now does not look like any VPD problem I've witnessed. Now they definitely look diseased to me.

Are they in a tent? Some tents (I've never used one) are known to cause problems, as are some brands of tubing, IIRC, via outgassing that can kill the plants. You might want to start searching here on outgassing.

THCforus

i feel for ya buddy. Nothing worse than problems you cant diagnose.
I hope you get to the bottom of it.
I'm having some issues of my own w/ my seedlings in a new cab i built... not fun at all.

Granger2

Veteran
FYI-
Earth Juice drops my pH down into the 4's, and that's in high pH, high alkalinity, high Ca tap. I have to inoculate and bubble it for at least 48 hours to get the pH up into the high 5's. Good luck. -granger

Looks just like my garden did when hit by Broad Mites.

Good Luck,
YUP ITS BROAD MITES!!

sorry guys its not the earthjuice or PH issues.

its actually much much worse!! fucking broad mites!

i finally found some while looking at the top of my worst looking plants. you can barely see these bastards.

fuckin christ, i havent even introduced anything new to my grow in hella long! i swear every single grow i always have some new problem, makes me wannna quit growing with all these damn problems.

so luckily i already have AVID, i want forbid, but its freakin 200 bucks for 8oz!!!

any cheaper places to source this stuff.....arrrrgh. wth all the money i spend fixing my grow its easier to just go buy pot. fuck this bullshit never ends!

S

SeaMaiden

Is Avid the only thing to use on broad mites? I could swear I've read some papers that discussed using quaternary ammonium compounds (Physan 20 is one manufactured for use with plants) to good success. I could swear I've also read that sulfur can deal with them, but that may have been for russet hemp mites, not broad mites.

When I first looked at that second set of pix, that's what I thought, but didn't want to be the one to say it. :(

Hash Zeppelin

Ski Bum Rodeo Clown
Premium user
ICMag Donor
Veteran
^I have them and they never fucking go away. I just have to battle them weekly. I use avid, take down. neem, and azamax in rotations.