What's new

HELP. No trichomes and DRY Canopy serious problem!

trakulis

Hello, I need help!

I have 20 "Satori x something" girls in homebox XL under 400w HPS 12/12 from seed! Now they are in 12 week.
I have two problems, firstly buds are weak, unformed and pretty bad. Also they are very DRY. I don't know what is the problem of that. All leaves are dry too. Buds aren't fat, they are like cotton and pistils are falling down too... Please help!

And second, there are almost no trichs in those plants. I took a scope to look, and i cant find there trichs!
Take a look at pictures, and please help me resolve those problems!

Was feeding with HESI, now with pure water with Molasses
There are pictures! (sorry there are few of them)

P.S.
Forgot to tell that the light cycle of 12/12 got switched two times to 24/0 for couple days each time. Could this be the problem?

!!!

Now in technicolor
Veteran
What's the humidity and temp?

Have you used this setup to grow ONLY 12/12 from seed or have you tried vegging a bit before flowering?

Nutes?

ninsega

What kind of feeding regiment are these on? I had similar results to this when I lacked a full line of fertilizers. I also blamed heat and gas exchange. I have never had these problems again.

gonzo`

They look good to me? Trichs will be due to genetics... Give us more details:

Medium
Watering methods
pH
EC
Temp (Max/Min)
Humidity

trakulis

What's the humidity and temp?

Have you used this setup to grow ONLY 12/12 from seed or have you tried vegging a bit before flowering?

Nutes?
Humidity about 30-40% and temps ~ 26-30C

What kind of feeding regiment are these on? I had similar results to this when I lacked a full line of fertilizers. I also blamed heat and gas exchange. I have never had these problems again.
They were feeding with Hesi soil nutes and i have full line of nutes.
Not i`m watering only with pure water and Grandmas molasses.

They look good to me? Trichs will be due to genetics... Give us more details:

Medium
Watering methods
pH
EC
Temp (Max/Min)
Humidity
Soil Greenworld ph 6-7
Watering when soil dry out
pH & EC i dont know.
Temps day 26-30C Night ~ 19C
Humidity 30-40

Also buds are not full, they are stretched and did not pack tight!

Any ideas?

gonzo`

Buy a better strain next time is the best advise you will get. Some of those plants are obviously just crap and some a really big thats from the variation in the seeds you started with. Buds usually fatten up in the final two weeks of their lives. Bottom line is you got what you got, next time start with better genetics.

trakulis

So there is no way to correct this mess? I just need to wait and thats all?

But if there is no trichs, will i get high? :D

gonzo`

No way to correct anything. Honestly though you should be proud of fat buds like that. Its a pitty the genetics let you down. You will probably get high, I don't think more trichs have anything to do with you getting high or not. I'm smoking some bud right now that someone gave me that has very little visible trichs but gets me very high...

Do the buds smell nice?

gonzo`

Also just to say that with the 12/12 from seed you should grow F1 plants, I think you are growing F2. The difference will be quite big because F1 will be more stable in terms of phenotype and will have better vigor compared to the F2.

Another point to remember that some buds don't look very nice (low bag appeal) but are still super potent.

M

mexilandrace

satori is good genes, don't listen to that guy.

it looks like a heat issue to my eye

trakulis

No way to correct anything. Honestly though you should be proud of fat buds like that. Its a pitty the genetics let you down. You will probably get high, I don't think more trichs have anything to do with you getting high or not. I'm smoking some bud right now that someone gave me that has very little visible trichs but gets me very high...

Do the buds smell nice?

Buds smell +/- nice. Buds are fat yes, but if you look closely, (in life) you could see through the buds, and if i try to squeeze them to see how fat they are, i can squeeze them till branch, so they are only fat visually!

satori is good genes, don't listen to that guy.

it looks like a heat issue to my eye
Satori yes good genes, but these seeds are from my and friends first grow, and when Satori was crossed with some kind of lowryder...

I give 3 plants to a friend, he already harvested two of them and smoke was good, with trichs and so on. But my had not anyone almost!

P.S.
Maybe some ideas why they are drying and pistils are falling down!?

gonzo`

Well the satori + lowryder is the problem because that = f2. Means lots of DIFFERENT plants, some good, some bad... The plants your friend had are maybe the good ones that you gave away ;)...

The drying and falling of of pistils I can't really help you with because I've never had that before. When I did have drying the bud changed colour and I opened it and saw mold!!! So if its very dry check if there is mold inside the bud... Dunno if you will find any because you said the buds are very airy and not dense...

Next time just grow some good seeds and you will be happier. You got the skills :)

trakulis

Thanks gonzo for replys! I respect that!

There is no way to get mold, but i will chech next time when i will be near my garden!

Yea will do that for shore, no more home made seeds i think for few grows! :D :D :D
Hope buds will be potent at all, just to make some profit on them, because i spent a lot on this and previous grow without any profit!

P.S.
Forgot to tell that the light cycle of 12/12 got switched two times to 24/0 for couple days each time. Could this be the problem?

E

EvilTwin

Trak,
Was someone trying to make an autoflowering satori? Seems like an odd cross. Never grown lowryder but heard it's not that great.

In my experience, dry brittle leaves are ph related. You're growing with no instruments? So even if we came up with ideas...you wouldn't be able to implement them. Your tying your hands by not measuring ph and EC of base water as well as your nutrient mix. But you'll harvest some buds and probably get high from them.
ET

Z

Ziggaro

Well the satori + lowryder is the problem because that = f2. Means lots of DIFFERENT plants, some good, some bad... The plants your friend had are maybe the good ones that you gave away ;)...

Isn't a cross between 2 unrelated genetics considered an F1? and F2 would be a cross of the same genetics, like if he had popped his satori and crossed the best male and female that would be F2? As far as uniformity that is something that an IBL exibits, but not necessarily F1.

It might be because you crossed it, but not for the reasons stated. More because in order to make a good cross you have to make a good selection, and adding auto genes in there IMO should definitely decrease potency.

Like someone else stated, I'm sure it will get you high and the plants don't look too bad. Just give them plenty of time to fill out and watch the trichs.

E

EvilTwin

Zig...yes a cross between satori and lowryder would be an F-1. And correct on the F-2 but F-1s do exibit fair uniformity...all depending on the stability of the parents. Like Satori has 3 different phenos so you can't expect perfect uniformity and lowryder...I don't know about.
ET

PS: F-2s and F-3s all become much less uniform...more varied.

trakulis

Isn't a cross between 2 unrelated genetics considered an F1? and F2 would be a cross of the same genetics, like if he had popped his satori and crossed the best male and female that would be F2? As far as uniformity that is something that an IBL exibits, but not necessarily F1.

It might be because you crossed it, but not for the reasons stated. More because in order to make a good cross you have to make a good selection, and adding auto genes in there IMO should definitely decrease potency.

Like someone else stated, I'm sure it will get you high and the plants don't look too bad. Just give them plenty of time to fill out and watch the trichs.

I will wait as long as they will need! Ok if trichomes are not the problem, than what about those DRY buds?

They literally drying out, what can i do to fix this?

Z

Ziggaro

What does your water quality report look like? Does it measure hardness, if so how much? If you do not know you can get a general idea by going to your municipalities website...

It could be a pH issue..that can certainly make your leaves dry and brittle. I would think if the pH was too high though, they would be showing some signs of P def.. I don't recognize one maybe its because its mixed with other symptoms?

Those bud leaves look like they're curling bad like they're trying to retain water. How do your roots look? Could you be letting them dry TOO much between waterings? You don't want your medium to dry out completely, that will kill your roots.. you want it to be about as heavy as fresh potting soil from the bag when u water

It also looks like you have a little N toxicity with the dark green and burnt tips. That could be whats causing the issue with the buds. Too much N retards flowering. The burns could also be a result of your soil getting too dry and concentrating nutrients.

Unfortunately, when it comes to these plants theres just not one simple answer. Most problems can easily be mistaken for others, and you are the one who knows your plant best. All you can really do is take suggestions and weigh them against your experiences and the actions you've taken so far with your plant :/

Latest posts

Latest posts