What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Help my big bud auto.

#1cheesebuds

Veteran
This is my third time growing big bud auto
Its in the back corner. The seed package says 12 weeks flower.
She is around 5 weeks 2 days flowering of 18.6 lighting. 70s temps. Led lights. The soil is miracle grow which worked great or me with last gow with big bud auto.
I have been feeding it modina hasta grow bloom food and cal/mag+iron at a ph around 6.0 to 6.7 or there abouts.

Things seem to have taken a wrong turn over the last 2 weeks. I don't know if is a bloom food prolem or maybe a ph inbalance or something else. Eather way i hope i can do something to get her to make it to 13 weeks flower. My idea was to give plain water on the next several waterings to flush out the soil/roots. I don't know what else to try. 😭
20221202_223110.jpg
20221202_222955.jpg
20221202_222919.jpg
20221202_091955.jpg

20221202_223046.jpg

FletchF.Fletch

420club
You're right, looks like nutrient buildup/lockout. The Miracle Gro soil is prefertilized, which makes it easy to overdo it when it's time to feed. Exactly as you plan: plain water for the next 2 or 3 irrigations and things will be fine. Plants look great otherwise and are right on track to make some nice Smoke.

Shoutout to HastaGro!!

St. Phatty

This is probably the most common grow problem we Cannabis growers have.

We Over-nute our plants.

It's better to "go light" - e.g. the stock soil with NO supplements.

Then experiment with extra nutes on a few "Side Plants" to see how it goes.

Creeperpark

Mentor
Veteran
Your pH has dropped into a lower range locking out calcium. That's what's causing the yellow leaves. When you only use water make sure the water pH is around 7 to boost nutrient absorption or calcium uptake. 😎

Last edited:

Creeperpark

Mentor
Veteran
Also, friend, make sure you always have a gentle breeze over the plant canopy so the plants will transpire the moisture and move nutrients from the roots to the top of the plants. If there is no wind on the plants the plants will have problems. The term is evapotranspiration and its critical for a plant to grow into a healthy plant. 😎

#1cheesebuds

Veteran
I keep having the same problems with all my autos. How do i fix the problems before it happends again to my next plant. The plant starts growing fine for a lil bit of time then the leafs keep getting all yellow, dry, and crispy weeks before the plant is fully ripe. WTF do i keep doing so wrong. I can't fix my mistakes if I don't know what I'm doing wrong.
20221229_104704.jpg
20221229_095730.jpg
20221229_095713.jpg
20221229_095644.jpg
20221229_095632.jpg
20221229_101039.jpg