What's new

Help me Icmag you're my only hope

Help me Icmag you're my only hope

• Total voters

AgentPothead

Just this guy, ya know?
So one of the plants in my outdoor grow is a male, the one on the right. Strains are Liberty Haze lady plant and RQS Amnesia Haze male. I'm stupid for not cloning it and forcing it into flower while it was still in my grow tent. What do I do here?

Last edited:
You have to look at your plant closer earlier on next time. I found all my males by may by looking at the preflowers. Without force flowering clones.
Break out a magnifying glass if you have to.

troutman

Seed Whore
Kill it if you want seedless weed.

Take a clone and bring it back indoors if you want to save it.

Do act fast though. :spank:

BTW: What do you know about accounting? Money laundering? :biggrin:

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
mulch it and give all your attention to the other plant
unless your plan was an open pollination you dont want it next to your girl
i wouldent feel that bad that you missed this one being male;we can all make mistakes
its how you deal with them that counts

Ibechillin

Masochist Educator
Id just kill the male plant. If regular seeds are something you are interested in, you can take cuttings from the male and put them under 12/12 to show sex/drop pollen to collect.

1 Liter is fine.

You can actually take cuttings, poke them through floating styrofoam, and put them under a cardboard box with a light on 12/12 for 2 weeks. No need for a full on grow, as long as you have the light leaks taken care of. A healthy cut will show sex and root before dying, even in plain water. Change the water daily. ;)

picture.php

therevverend

Veteran
Dig it up and move it indoors under a light. Or a window sill. Or a place far enough away it won't knock up the female.

Doesn't matter how much you traumatize it as long as it survives. If you're careful and don't dig too deep it won't hurt the female's roots. Just go for the main root ball. You'll be cutting away much of it's root system the plant won't like it. Probably wilt and look half dead for a week but it'll snap out of it. Just keep spraying him down and keep the root ball moist.

Another option is to wait until a day or two before it pops. You have to wait until the very last minute. Then cut the flowering branches and either put them in a cup with water. Or lay them on a plate to dry. Using the plate method you have to be sure they'll open. As they dry a few male flowers will open and drop their pollen on the plate. You can rub a cotton swab in the pollen and apply.

If you put the branches in a water filled cup you have more lee way. The flowers will open and you can shake the pollen into a bag.

I've used these methods dozens of times they work great. The last two methods work best when you only need 20-50 seeds. If you want more pollen you'll have to dig up and move the plant.

AgentPothead

Just this guy, ya know?
Ouch I put the stop growing up there as a joke I didn't expect everybody to double down on that response :biggrin:

MJPassion

Observer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
If you want sensi, move or kill the male.

If you want seeds and still want sensi too, take cuts and collect pollen in a paper bag then place the paper bag over a selected branch and shake the hell out of it and let it sit for 30 minutes or so. Before removing the bag, spray down the rest of the female so any escaped pollen will be rendered ineffective. After removing the bag spray that branch down to kill any stray pollen.

Douglas.Curtis

Autistic Diplomat in Training
Look around, there are also methods for drying and storing the pollen for years. :) Might be useful in the future, if you have space in your freezer for a thermos. :)

TychoMonolyth

Boreal Curing
God damn.... I ran into this dilemma so often this year, I have about 10,000 seeds because of my indecision. But they're giant 7 foot Autos with colas bigger than a 1.5 liter bottle, so there's an upside.

If they're all the plants you have, then deep 6 the bastard. Otherwise enjoy the seeds and try to exposed then to Ethylene gas for a while (Apple & Banana peelings in a jar) to flip male seeds to female (I don't know if that works but it's worth a shot). You can still get high from them so.... no harm done really.

Ibechillin

Masochist Educator
try to exposed then to Ethylene gas for a while (Apple & Banana peelings in a jar) to flip male seeds to female (I don't know if that works but it's worth a shot). You can still get high from them so.... no harm done really.

Im really skeptical of this.

Many look down upon XX breeding for fear of missing something from the male plant. If its so simple to force regular XY seeds to express as mostly/only females before germination, feminized XX seeds probably wouldnt be as prolific as they are currently because we wouldnt need them to make only female offspring.

AgentPothead

Just this guy, ya know?
I want seeds, who doesn't. But I want seedless weed too. The cross would be Liberty Haze x RQS Amnesia Haze, which sounds like it might be a good cross? I think the only way to get the best of both worlds is to immediately start cutting branches off the male and cloning them, but the second I see any roots I chop the main plant down. Thank you all.
56310a1d7a353e875151ccab4d6bb2f08502b811_full.jpg

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Let it pollinate. If the female flowers are around a pencil eraser size or so, it won't be much seed. If they are close to marble sized, the plants will be nearly fully pollinated at least at the top. Sounds like a great cross. Will those finish were you are in Grassachussetts? I have family up there. I sent my cousin some seed last year, but I don't think she ever did anything with it. See if you make seed. You can be kind and give it out to friends and family. They can grow it out and tell you what they found. May even be able to smoke some of it with them. How fun is that? Keep fighting the good fight, my friend! :smoke:

picture.php

Latest posts

Latest posts