What's new

help me get wired (1000 watt mh)

kim smith

I was wondering if anyone could help me out with wiring my 1000 watt mh? I bought one of those save a 100 bucks and do the wiring yourself well big mistake I know nothing about wiring this light so my question is can anyone help and can I use a 120 wall outlet without burning my house down? So if anyone can help it would be appreciated.

thanks Kim

kim smith

Hey Buzzbob thanks man thats exactly what I was looking for, I like pictures lol. I will let you know how it turns out and thanks again, I knew someone here would help out a lot of good people.

Thanks Kim

BuzzBob

aka Buzz'dBob
Veteran
My pleasure, Kim!

I may not have actually done many of these things as yet, but I sure have read about 'em!! ;) Pretty much all I have been doin' these last two weeks with all my "spare" time...

Actually, if that HowTo doesn't do it for you, let me know. Seems to me I recall seeing an even more descriptive tutorial over there someplace...

-BuzzBob {or just plain ol'e Bob}

kim smith

Hey BuzzBob, me again I noticed the pictures and they were for a hps light do you have any info on metal halide? Thanks for all the help. I just dont know where to look for a wiring diagram.

Peace Kim:confused:

kim smith

Hey 00420 thanks for the input, no they didnt put a wiring diagram in with it, I just dont understand the 120 and the 240 volt wire do I hook up the 120 wire to the plug in for the outlet if the outlet Im using is 120 and why is there 2 white com wires ? So confusing lol.

KIM

tokeAcola

Hey, Kim.

One of the "com" wires is for the wire coming from the wall, the other is for the white wire coming from the bulb socket.

-- tAc

BuzzBob

aka Buzz'dBob
Veteran
Hey Kim, :wave:

Listen to tAc there... I merely had read through that thread I linked to before, and filed it away for possible future reference.

tAc seems to know a whole lot more about this 'tricity stuff than I do! {Based on his post here, and others I have seen where he has offred similar advice on wiring HID lights.}

kim smith

Hey tokeAcola wow talk about a quick response now Im half way there do u know anythig about the 120 and 240 volt wire???? and buzzbob or just plain ole bob thanks again for the help and quick reply

Peace KIM

tokeAcola

hey, kim.

If you're wiring it for 120v, the black wire from the wall goes to the "120" wire. Disregard the "240" wire. Just make sure that you put a wire connector on it so that the wire can't come in contact with anything.

-- tAc

Pactivist

nice job toke!

nice job toke!

I was just getting ready to explain all of this, but you beat me to it seems i'm not the only macguyver around here :D peAce pacT.

kim smith

hey guys thanks for all the help im wired now and things look real bright. Man a thousand watt light is very bright. thanks again guys

KIM

I.M. Boggled

Certified Bloomin' Idiot
Veteran
Preventing electrocution with Ground fault circuit interrupters (G.F.C.I.)

Preventing electrocution with Ground fault circuit interrupters (G.F.C.I.)

2158ZAP.gif

Think safety first when playing around electricity and water. :)

http://www.icmag.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=4315&highlight=gfci

:)

Latest posts

Latest posts