What's new

Help me find out why i waisted/failed my crop

zeropercentthc

All of the plants had zero effect, from seed? I could imagine say one of them being that way, thinking that from the genetic roll of the dice you'll get a low THC high CBD plant every once in a while.

thinkin

I have been running g13's skunk #1 for awhile.

seriously upped the quality with a tiny amount of UVB.
2 doses 30 then 15 minutes.
started just after week 6ish(first development of frost)

future, likely to shorten exposure time.

Also, take (24 to 12 hour) breaks. enjoy lower tolerance!

Is this one foxtailing ? Is it due to heat stress ? This tent is not so hot, but i can change the light for a lower one...
To me the leaves look like they are showing heat stress, but that late in the show probably not that big of a deal... certainly not going to remove all effects. The buds actually look pretty good to me and seem to be producing fresh pistils still. How far along are those in that pic? Are you finishing these based on trichome color or what the breeder says for time? I've had some 7 week plants that didn't finish until they were 11 weeks of 12/12. That would make a huge difference in potency.

To me the leaves look like they are showing heat stress, but that late in the show probably not that big of a deal... certainly not going to remove all effects. The buds actually look pretty good to me and seem to be producing fresh pistils still. How far along are those in that pic? Are you finishing these based on trichome color or what the breeder says for time? I've had some 7 week plants that didn't finish until they were 11 weeks of 12/12. That would make a huge difference in potency.

The skunk had been harvested when it was ready , brown hair, cloudy trichs and leaves yellowing seriously. Generally a 8 weeks strain is finished in 8 weeks in my setup. But for sure they was too much light and so too much heat. Now i lowered the power of light from 600 to 400 w.
The PPP bud is taken at day 42 of 12/12 and so still 2 weeks to go. The temp is cooler now, i will see id there is more trichs and more smell i'm sure.
Thanks for stopping by...

ShroomDr

CartoonHead
Veteran
Sam should go 'Uma Thurman in Kill Bill' on all the 'breeders' who have ruined his skunks...

TDF The pure was a waste of ~ 4 months too.

I

IE2KS_KUSH

The skunk had been harvested when it was ready , brown hair, cloudy trichs and leaves yellowing seriously. Generally a 8 weeks strain is finished in 8 weeks in my setup. But for sure they was too much light and so too much heat. Now i lowered the power of light from 600 to 400 w.
The PPP bud is taken at day 42 of 12/12 and so still 2 weeks to go. The temp is cooler now, i will see id there is more trichs and more smell i'm sure.
Thanks for stopping by...

Man i have run ppp a few times from seed and never had anything even remotely close to finishing in 8 weeks. Hell just took 4 down after week 12 and i should of left 2 of them up. I would like to see those when they are done.

4-5 months for a skunk ? Why not growing old timer haze or landrace thai ? Skunk is given to be a short flowering plant. Ok it's more sativa than indica but it's an hybrid and can be ready before you say, i think.
I believe more in the heat stress !

Its anyones fault who harvests based on calendar (or worse, pistil coloration). Look for clear tris to turn milky for the first signs of harvest. Though some people prefer the later stage (amber tris).

This pic is about 98% milky and about .5% amber....

Btw i have a few 45 day Sativas. =)

Lots of trichs on this pics. It's sure my skunk was not like this ...

Can you have mostly white pistils and cloudy trichs?
With my microscope, i can tell that yes. So here is the max close up i can do with my cam (for the moment), can you statuate on something ?

Attachments

• pppgp245days.jpg
    pppgp245days.jpg
    96.8 KB · Views: 12

resinryder

Rubbing my glands together
Veteran
Yes it is. Glands go from clear to cloudy to amber. You want to harvest when you have a mostly 50/50 mix of cloudy to amber glands. I have had strains that the hairs turn dark,red, whatever color, at 45 to 50 days. I know from past experience with these strains that they ARE NOT READY WHEN THEIR HAIRS TURN COLOR. I've also had strains where the hairs stay white at 75 days. Hair color means nothing when determining ripeness imo.
Check them with a 30x scope during the various weeks of the bloom cycle and you'll see what I'm saying.

toohighmf

Veteran
I seen hairs change colors 20 days in in poor enviros. I had white hairs 10 weeks in and 50/50milky/amber.. don't judge by hairs. 60 days is early. foxtailing without filling in is heat related. food has very little to do with your issues. looks like a combo of genetics and enviro.

FreezerBoy

Was blind but now IC Puckbunny in Training
Veteran

Enough with the flame wars, fairy tales, insults and self aggrandizement. If your post is missing it was: off topic, flaming, bickering or, quoting and responding to the above.

JL, If you literally mean "zero" effect, and everything else was done exactly as before with success, the seeds remain the likeliest suspect.

Even my 21 week thunks yielded a buzz at 60 days.

JL, If you literally mean "zero" effect, and everything else was done exactly as before with success, the seeds remain the likeliest suspect.

Actually, it's not zero effect, the weed is racy and not trippy at all. Don't lead to yawning or calming or great sudden appetite. There is an effect but i don't like it. Some firends like it because it's not couchlock at all. Not me, i like couchlock

stihgnobevoli

Veteran
so pretty much you have a sativa and you like indeeka's instead... well then grow out an indeeka next time and leave the sativa's to hard mode.

so pretty much you have a sativa and you like indeeka's instead... well then grow out an indeeka next time and leave the sativa's to hard mode.

Not so simple ! The weed stays weak because the effect is not long lasting. Last year i picked Amnesia outdoor too early because of the bad weather and bud rot and i remember the high was excellent. With a hint of indica high, this weed would be decent. Can't wait to smoke my PPP, but i've to be patient if i want it successfull

FreezerBoy

Was blind but now IC Puckbunny in Training
Veteran
At a recommended 45 day flower period, whatever sativa that Skunk had has long been beaten out of it. If you want couchlock, wait for amber.