What's new

Help me find a new SOG strain

T

TroubleGuy

I've worked with many indicas and sativas ranging from heavy production and low/med quality to low production and superb quality. While I'm not an "expert" grower I'm also far from new to the game - I do know what I'm doing.

I'd like to find something that produces great without sacrificing quality... I've worked with Blueberry, white widow, medicine man, blue city deisel, sour deisel, matanuska thunderfuck, alaskan thunderfuck, lollipop and afghan.

I'm looking to only add one new strain for now and remove 2-4 of the ones names above

On that note has anyone tried "Blackberry" in a sea of green? http://www.greenlifeseeds.com/index.php/Vancouver-Island-Seed-Co./Blackberry

Any suggestions would be great, but please leave out "clone only" strains - if I had a way to get them, I'd have them.. Anything that can be ordered from a seedbank will do, also the names of a reputable seedbank where strains you name can be ordered would help too.

im a sog pro its all ive grown for years!!! i love fast flowering indicas!!! the best sog strain ive grown is kens gdp, it flowers super fast and has almost no streach, as of 2day its clone only BUT ojd will be releasing s1's soon!! he has the best kens cut there is!!!! i use 4x4x4 hydro cubes i veg them real close 2gether so they grow straight up once there 15-18 inchs there stocks are thick enough and i cut them in half around 8-10 inchs tall i veg for almost a week more than flip into flower, i yield 14-28 grams per plant it depends on how many clones i put on each table, i end up with all tops 4-5 per plant, my yields are monsters

love?

I've heard Chimera's strains are along the lines of what you're looking for (connoisseur quality, high yields, good for SOG style growing). I'm personally most interested in Mental Floss but it seems to be unavailable at the moment.

L

lb1966

lots of crystals early , clone and root veg a few days mabee a week then flower they streched to 6 inches filling out nice on week 4 and LOTS of crystals

DocLeaf

procreationist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
GDS BubbleDust is perfect for SOG growing...

[edit] BD ..

picture.php

Hope this helps

Last edited:

PoopyTeaBags

State Liscensed Care Giver/Patient, Assistant Trai
Veteran
chimera mental flosss, Mob boss from grindhouse.... even the prophet would work from grindhouse.... Reclining buddha from soma....

DocLeaf

procreationist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Also ,, GDS Angel Dust [Growdoc Seeds],,

7253Ad0001.jpg

,,, faster than BD ,, smaller yield,, but more homogeneous overall :canabis:

I have a few SOG runs under my belt with Purple Urkel. With that experience, I think a sativa hybrid with decent stretch in flower would be the way to go(SSH?). I ran a cut of GDP a couple of times with the Urkel, but it stretched even less than the Urkel, and thus didn't yield much in a less than one week veg system.

If vegged to the appropriate size for that plant, I think you could make almost anything do good:)

H

T

TroubleGuy

SSH is very nice but I'd need more light to work with a stretchy strain. Maybe after a few more harvests eh? :joint:

Pictures help a lot, it's nice to see the strains being named in a SOG environment so I know the person giving advice has experience to back it.

On another note, I know I said leave out clone only strains, but I sure wish I could get my hands on GDP and Urkel.

toasted1

Nirvana papaya
3 day veg from 3" cut stretch straight up to around 18" avg 21-28g each (some 40g )quality good enough to stay with the ECSD and pre98 bubba in the garden and super cheap :good:
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

stay safe
:smokey:

Sorry for being lazy with the pics in this thread, but check out my album, some Urkel SOG shots from the infamous crop moved in week 5 flower in the back of my pick-up with only a tarp that was too small. Ha, that was really lucky! I picked up the tray with a friend and put it and all 63 plants that lived there into the back of my truck bed and drove way too slowly because the tarp was flapping and taking out plants. I ended up having a light leak in their new home which didn't cause any hermis, but did cause some tops to reveg a little. :( I learned a lot the hard way in that move.

Back to the topic... I actually was recommending against Urkel or GDP unless you have a seperate veg area or do not mind a crop every 31/2-4 months due to required veg time. Not a bad thing, but I smoke too much too go that long;)

H

FatBlunt420

Killin' Zombies!
ICMag Donor
Veteran
im pretty sure they are re working mental floss. making MF # 2... this means we get super fresh seeds soon. thats been a strain ive been checking out for awhile now. shoulda grabbed it when they had it, but the new release should be nice, not sure exactly whats different. but im sure its somthing good.

i just got the chemd clone, just starting to flower her.

T

TroubleGuy

Who makes Mental Floss/is making MF #2? I'd like to try that one, heard good things about it.

Blue Hash, Mazar Kush, those do really well. First Mazar Kush bean, smells like fresh blueberries in veg. Purple Wreck, wouldn't want to work with that without being hydro. It's a very compact plant in the pheno I found, grows more like a poppy when it starts it's stretch. Strange leafs, halfway between a poppy and a cannabis plant. Very compact internodes, but Blue Hash is a good plant (not really a berry plant) the Mazar Kush has more than that (yet it's not a Kush).

T

TroubleGuy

Purple Wreck, wouldn't want to work with that without being hydro. It's a very compact plant in the pheno I found, grows more like a poppy when it starts it's stretch. Strange leafs, halfway between a poppy and a cannabis plant. Very compact internodes, but Blue Hash is a good plant (not really a berry plant) the Mazar Kush has more than that (yet it's not a Kush).

Can you tell me why wouldn't you want to work with Purple Wreck in soil? And who makes it / where can I get seeds for it? Sounds interesting!

FatBlunt420 thanks for that link!

Latest posts

Latest posts