What's new

Help me design and build a 6K room!!

Abja Roots

ABF(Always Be Flowering) - Founder
Veteran
I don't have a bunch of time right now, but just wanted to advise you to stay away from cool tubes. I think cool tubes for 1000's suck. The footprint is just not there. I would only ever use them with 600's or if power, watts etc.... was not an issue. Then I would use a ton of them stacked as close as possible. Still I prefer the Raptors, magnums etc....

CannaBunkerMan

Enormous Member
Veteran
Is there anywhere to buy CAP style plastic enclosure boxes?

edit - I found "plastic enclosure" boxes, and "plastic project" boxes on Amazon, both looked like they could work. I'd bet there are some with standard plate recipticle knock outs, but I couldn't find them.

Bunz

Is there anywhere to buy CAP style plastic enclosure boxes?

edit - I found "plastic enclosure" boxes, and "plastic project" boxes on Amazon, both looked like they could work. I'd bet there are some with standard plate recipticle knock outs, but I couldn't find them.

You can find plastic work boxes at Home Depot.

joe fresh

Mentor
Veteran
i like my relays for flipping, they never failed once...i think i paid anywhere from 25-50 each relay, dont quite remember...i bought the ballasts at the same place and told the guy i wanted some matching relays all for 240v

Attachments

• DSCF2282.jpg
    DSCF2282.jpg
    103 KB · Views: 4

CannaBunkerMan

Enormous Member
Veteran
i like my relays for flipping, they never failed once...i think i paid anywhere from 25-50 each relay, dont quite remember...i bought the ballasts at the same place and told the guy i wanted some matching relays all for 240v

I'd assume that you have all of those relays tied into a single timer controller, right?

angel4us

ICMag Donor
flip flops can cause fires so dont go cheap there!! check out the smart flip flop technology at www.dxhydro.com pretty neat and timers as well are fire hazards . the 'heavy duty' walmart spaecials are junk and i personnally have seen two melt with just single 400 watt light on each! dx hydro has cool timer /electronic panels to control everything. peace

rives

Inveterate Tinkerer
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
You can build a flip for around $120 the right way.

1 Enclosure Box with knockouts $20

3 Dayton DPDT 30A Relays PN 5X847 $80

1 Honeywell In Wall 7 day Timer $20

Along with some misc wire, mounting hardware and knockout clamps you have a nice flip box done right, for less than 1/3 of your estimate.

Yep, you could do it that way. The reason that I was talking about the micro plc is that I would want timers for hot-start protection, sequencing, etc, etc. Just a nice Nema 4 enclosure with a backplate and some terminal blocks is going to to push the hell out of your total. It all depends on how you want to do it.

Joe, I know it works for you, but every time you put up a picture of your relay panel it gives me the chills! JK :)

Mr Eckted

your lights are not positioned for any overlap... major drawback imo

What would the diameter of the effective distance from the light be in your opinion?

Thanks everyone, this is exactly what I was hoping for. A dialogue like this should iron out a lot of the kinks before we set up.

So rather than cooltubes, you guys think I should go with vented hoods.

I won't go cheap on the flip flops, but I won't be ordering a $500 part for what I could do properly for $200.