What's new

Help making malawi cobs

G

i picked this up in moçambique, the quality isn't good (but it's heavily seeded, which is what i wanted anyway).
it's tied with plastic string.

Last edited:

getafix

Yea Satghost,

There are lots of those 'cobs' going around in Maputo. It's really shitty. It goes for around 150-250 Meticais ($6-10 or R40-70). I'd say it's about 200-300g.

What are you going to do with the seeds? Why didn't you come say hi?? :confused:

getafix

Nice pics Lowrider and Satghost.

Satghost, those cobs of yours looks great. I wish I could smoke some in my vap :joint:

G

hi getafix,
yes it is really shitty. could the quality have degraded post-harvest, or are the seeds completely worthless? have you grown them out before?

i would have come to say hi, it's just that i don't know where you live and i wasn't invited lol. if i have an extended invitation, then you better know i'll come over some time.

getafix

You are more than welcome to come and visit.

I think those 'cobs' are just waste material they package and sell-off for cheap. It appears to be males, pollinated females and plant material other than the heads.

Some of the seeds may turn out to be jewels. I have grown some around my complex. They are very hardy and out-and-out sativas (of course) I haven't seen any reach flowering though...

lowridersa

generally you find lots of seeds in the cobs, its custom. But non the less you could come past an awesome cob, that will trip you to mars. was lucky enough to grab some seeds outta one.

TanzanianMagic

Veteran
Corn Cobs, Not Banana Leaves

Corn Cobs, Not Banana Leaves

zamalito said:
It'll be interesting to see. I'll be very conservative with my first use of banana leaves.

It's corn cobs, not banana leaves, althought that is what the websites selling seeds say.

Corn is the staple crop in Malawi and Zambia, and is used to make the national dish, nshima (stiff porridge).

Although bananas are grown for commercial purposes, malawi weed is dried/cured in corn cobs.

http://www.art.net/~kiyotei/flashlight/interview001.html

The night before, we had just scored some Purple Bud from Mount Zombe. We hired some young boys to carry our packs and, half of the pack was filled with Malawi gold Cob. That is Marijuana dried in corn cob husks about 12 inches long. We had gold, black, purple and green bud - a junkies dream!

Just my two cents.

zamalito

Veteran
Don't be so quick to correct others tanzanian magic. If you read my entire post I never said they were made from banana leaves, and its not the cob they use, its the husk. I just pondered doing some banana leaf experiments which I never carried through because I have pleanty of banana leaves. The banana leaves were in reference to a practice I had read of in southern india. That is why the zamal was to be wrapped in banana leaves and not the malawi. That said I never put anything in banana leaves anyways.

Last edited:

lowridersa

cant use a cob either, can use it to make a nice pipe like zamilito's avatar, always use the husk. You still going to try the bananna leaves?

G

i wonder if you could use a short section of a bamboo culm, maybe plugged with something that breathes slowly, like cork?

PazVerdeRadical

all praises are due to the Most High
Veteran
hello everyone :) interesting thread.

i think it was in 1998 or 97 that i smoked a spliff rolled in dried banana leaves in aruba :D

peace!

youngones

SatGhost said:
i picked this up in moçambique, the quality isn't good (but it's heavily seeded, which is what i wanted anyway).
it's tied with plastic string.

I never seen this!!! :yoinks:

The ganjah don't look spectacular... but the "pack" yes.... :chin:

Jah man! :joint:

G

Jeez , i miss my cobs man...

in the mid 90's we had lots of cobs going around.....

where has all the malawi gone...????

G

photo10.jpg

lowridersa

malawi is around, but few and far between, bought some with Jut in not to long ago, very sad.

Only 1 more post to go before i hit 50, have to wait 5 min before each post, grrrrr. Spam bots die.

Hi guys, in 2004 I was in Sudan for half a year. This is what I obtained there:

As you can see lots of seeds that i didn't bring back sadly. The high of this was really something: not really a nice warm expanding sativa feeling but very spacey and made me kind of anxious and confused :puppydoge .

Idk... that looks like some poop. Not only in quality, but in visual appearence. It literally looks like it came out of my ass. I'd still smoke it though.

Latest posts

Latest posts