What's new

Help! Lol

RIPlungs0088

Long story short I understand the basic principles of coco and so on. I have no trouble growing anything else except apparently buds. Lol I'm getting alittle upset. I lost 3 really nice plants and I have no idea wtf happened. So if theres someone out there that is familiar with organic coco grows (top feed guano, bone meal 444 etc.) I could really use some pointers or atleast someone I can rely on that actually knows their sh**. Thanks in advance.

Best example I can give with out getting into crazy details. That was my last plant happened over 2 days. The only thing I added was bone meal. Water at 5.5 with calmag almost every other watering. Temp between 70-82 max 75% at its highest after watering usually. 56% at its low. Guano top feed every other watering. 444 once around 2 weeks and bone meal once around 4 weeks. I have a 1000w light at 36in 42 at seedlings. I feed usually around 300-700ppm is what I've been seeing. Depending on what I add. In just over 24 hours that plants died. I have some fire og that decided it wont die but it wont grow either. Water from tap after 24-48 hours of dechlorinating. I have a bunch of gals I just rotate out ph balance then water with.

Attachments

• 20230630_215826.jpg
    20230630_215826.jpg
    893.1 KB · Views: 46
  • 20230709_161822.jpg
    20230709_161822.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 48

Creeperpark

Mentor
Veteran
Sorry, you are having problems and you lost some plants. If you are going to use coco I would recommend only using a fertilizer made for coco and nothing else. You may have buffered out the good nutrients when you add bone meal and cal mag to tap water. Only use coco coir plant nutiernts.

RIPlungs0088

Sorry, you are having problems and you lost some plants. If you are going to use coco I would recommend only using a fertilizer made for coco and nothing else. You may have buffered out the good nutrients when you add bone meal and cal mag to tap water. Only use coco coir plant nutiernts.
I've been trying to stay away from using chemicals and that's all I keep seeing in that stuff. Unless I'm just not reading the right products. All liquid fertilizers seem to have chemicals. I mean I didnt go crazy because It really seemed like everyone but me was able to do it with hard fertilizers lol. I've been tracking my brain forever trying to figure out what could have caused the rapid change. I use a lemon, soap water and peroxide mix and a bug spray on most of my plants. I def have some kind of mite issue in the coco idk how but it doesn't seem to affect them or maybe it is and I see it as a deficiency? Idk what kind of mite they are. I've seen spring tails. Tiny little red looking mites and i battled fungus gnats. But it never seemed to actually bother the plants UNTIL I used that spray a bit more around them. Do you think the spray would actually do that? I've never seen that happen to any other plant.

sublingual

Coco, as best as I know, and I've been using it for at least 15 years, is a hydroponic media. Yes, it can be used in a mix with other products. This is what I would recommend for you if you are "going organic." Pure coco works well with hydroponics (water supplied nutes).
Plants were created to require only about 13 elements to be able to spread in various environments and soils around the globe.
"Chemicals" are in bonemeal and bat guano too if one considers the basic elements which plants take up and utilize. Whether organic microbial remineralization of products or water culture, plant uptake is at the ionic level. "Chemical" fertilizers are mostly either mined products (phosphorus) or other salts such as epsom.
Also, organics is great if you are keeping the soil, like in a field. In a pot indoors, not so much.

Last edited:

WingzHauser

Plants were created to require only about 13 elements to be able to grow in various environments and soils around the globe. That's how they are made.
"Chemicals" are in bonemeal and bat guano too if one considers the basic elements which plants take up and utilize. Whether organic microbial remineralization of products or water culture, plant uptake is at the ionic level.

Crop quality is at an all time historic global low and we wonder why. While the clowns in California are trying to put appellations on the map you know what we fired back with to shut down their supremacy? We were able to identify their crops not by terpene content but by trace mineral composition. So I have to ask.. What's the Ca to Caesium ratio of your prized strain? Because that's the only difference between "Cali weed" and whatever grows in a ditch in New Mexico.

You obviously don't understand the real world. Npk numbers are minimums not marketing. Fertilizer claims must be true or you'd have a dozen agencies fighting over what cell to throw you in. Organic nutrients are not a weedbro myth. Myths don't fly in the real world, where people get taken to court over false narratives.

sublingual

Crop quality is at an all time historic global low and we wonder why. While the clowns in California are trying to put appellations on the map you know what we fired back with to shut down their supremacy? We were able to identify their crops not by terpene content but by trace mineral composition. So I have to ask.. What's the Ca to Caesium ratio of your prized strain? Because that's the only difference between "Cali weed" and whatever grows in a ditch in New Mexico.

You obviously don't understand the real world. Npk numbers are minimums not marketing. Fertilizer claims must be true or you'd have a dozen agencies fighting over what cell to throw you in. Organic nutrients are not a weedbro myth. Myths don't fly in the real world, where people get taken to court over false narratives.
didn't say they were a myth. Did you read where I mentioned how appropriate they were in a legacy field?
Not going to go around and around, I stand by what I said.

Latest posts

Latest posts