What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

HELP!! Leaves turn bad overnight!

Hooked-On-Grown

Veteran
OK.....All look good yesterday when I did a res change.
I was at 5.8 or so and 900ppm minus 275 for my water=625ppm
I changed res and reset back to 5.5 700ppm minus 275=425ppm
I had plants with some nute burn on tips so I put at lower ppm and was going to increase it slowly. I checked at around 7pm last night and all looked good. I just checked now and found these fan leaves looking like this. It was only on the nice larger ones. Some minor damage on a couple of the smaller ones. It damaged the big ones.....here's what I used....

GH Flora Nova.....bottle says seedlings 300 ppm and early growth 600ppm. I feel I was over a little thats why when I didi res change I lowered it a little.

GH Floralicious.....I added this at 1 tsp per gal. Not sure I like this stuff.....leaves residue on side of res and makes roots dark.

pH was not drastically changed. You can see on the leaves the contrast in texture is immiediate. The part that lost its color is hard and crusty at ends and working its way in it seems. :mad:

Any clues...ideas.....suggestions..............
Thank you

Click for Larger Image

Click for Larger Image

friendlyfriend

Veteran
looks like a nitrogen def. maybe you should flush em for a few days and then take it slo...

TEX!! Dutchie!! Billy! ollie ollie oxenfree!! Lets help HOG! he helps all of us....

G

edit: now that u solved your problem and we know it has nothing to do with phos def I deleted this pic... those darn limited galleries - you know what Im talking about!!!

Last edited:

Sinfuldreams

Basement Garden Gnome
Veteran
Almost looks

Almost looks

like something got spilled on em.

where on the plants, All over, the top, middle or bottom?
All the leaves?

Since it happend so fast, I'd think an overdose of something.

But what do I know

It's hydro
Sin

Bump!

BuzzBob

aka Buzz'dBob
Veteran
Hey HOG...

Wish'n I could help... Is it consitent over the whole plant? You didn't happen to splash some of the nute mix on 'em did you?

KRS Juan

I only grow soil, but thats exactly what the bottom leaves on my Ultimate Moonshine looked like when I forgot to water it earlier this week. Maybe double check all the tubes running to and from the res? Sorry I really dont know hydro.

-KRS Juan-

G

wow, you can see a lot more in those pics. that all happened in 15 hours??? thats so freaking weird, must of had something in the water or something

i know one time i fucked mine up really fast was because I added too much h2o2 :D

IC People Rule

IC People Rule

Glad to see you got some responses. I've never seen leaves quite that aflicted without some yellowing. Let me say that the way ya'll rally around a problem is fucking awesome. Touching in fact (As Herb wipes a tear). No matter what the outcome or Who has the problem the plants come first. I like this place a lot. Good luck HOG keep us posted.

Hooked-On-Grown

Veteran
You got it herbweedman......plants come first!! I love this place.
Shorts.....tell me about it.....yeterday evening they were fine.....today at 12 noon .....I walked in and saw this!!!

Still perplexed! Friendlyfriend gave me a killer link.... HERE
That is the most thourough sick plant and nute guide I have ever seen. Only thing OG is good for.....information!! Thanks for going into the battle field to get that info friendlyfriend!!! LOL!

I have not read my grow guide in awhile......need to go back and refresh a little....forgot some basics!!!

Hooked-On-Grown

Veteran
888DSC00131.JPG

This is what they looked like night before change.....

Capt. Crip

Strain Seeker/Mirage Reading Master
Veteran
potassium is locked

potassium is locked

Potassium is locked up!!!HOG,did you add anything besides the Flora Nova,,any other nutrient or additive????

G

Ph Ph Ph Please check the ph.

I know this is my answer for everything but with as much care as everyone puts into nutes, to me ph is the only explaination. I use to grow hydro and ph can jump or drop really fast. Do you have a meter. Worth a check.

Capt. Crip

Veteran

reasons are usually using 2 incompatible fertilizers or too low a PH.

HOG,I never run my PH as low as you do.But all strains are different and some like it higher or lower.I keep mine between 5.9 and 6.5 when growing hydro just for the purpose of keeping a lot of potassium availible for my Superfruit.

Capt. Crip

Veteran
Oh shit,strike everything I've said

Oh shit,strike everything I've said

After looking at the close up it's quite apparent what has happened.You had a pump or something hang up and that plant wilted.The tissue that was damaged beyond compare will dry out and turn brittle.The rest will return to normal growth after a short while.It looks like it happened when the lights were on.I've had the same thing happen numerous times when I've had pump failures.I usually try to design my systems to hold a little water under the roots at all times in case of a power failure.The roots can draw off of the little gulley of water for some time without power.It usually happened to the plant on the end that would drain it's water off first and therefore would be without water first.They should recover fine and you will know what is going to make it within hours because the rest will rehydrate and continue on it's path...................................CC

Hooked-On-Grown

Veteran
Capt.........thats it!! They are on the backside of the table that drains first. I actually adjusted the racks they were on while re-arranging the plants. The racks usually hold water underneath them, but the back one was up stuck on the one in front of it...enough for the water to drain from underneath it......
It makes the most sense for as fast as it happened!! Nute problems usually don't show that fast, and with out discoloring.

I usually go between 5.6 and 6.2.......I add Epso-grow for mag.
New pumps today!!!!

Thank you everyone for the quick responses and helping information!!! You guys and gals are the best on the net!!!

Last edited:

full time daddy
Veteran
wow bad luck hog sry to hear....
iv had a plant die on me in 3 hr's
first time the clone seen real light it choked

but hopefuly you get that all right again they where looking nice

Hooked-On-Grown

Veteran
OK....everything looks good now. Sometime last night the pump or timer did not come on. It caused them to droop and then....thank GOD......it decided to work the next couple cycles. This room is in my nieghbors house and he said he heard it water this morning at 8am. So once it watered again the plants recovered as much as they could. Only about 6 plants got bad damage but all will make it... That what don't kill ya, makes ya stronger!! I let them run with pH balanced water for a cycle and then re-nuted the res.
I find my pH likes to drift up more then down.....so when I set it at 5.5 pH it will usually drift to around 5.8 and buffer around there. Staying under 5.8, I use Epsom-grow to substitute for Mag.
Thanks again for the repl's and all the info. I have not experienced something so basic in so long I had forgotten to look at the simple things first. Hydro is tuff and reading plant symptoms and sickness' can be very confusing. Alot of syyptoms look alike and found myself re-reading sick plant sections and the Grow Guide. Refreshed alot of basics I had forgotten about.

Capt Crip........Thanks very much.......sometimes its so simple.