HELP...IM BREWING ACID

DARC MIND

Veteran

4 tbs alfalfa
1/4 to 1/2 tsp molasses
is this for 1 gal of water?
if so, yes it should work
i use no more then 1 to 2 TBSP of unsulfured molasses to a gal but thats me

i love the taste of my organic buds but i have smoked some superb hydro as well. The taste of my grows has yet let me down, it never gots that, i dont know (chemical taste??), i cant explain it but my organic buds and veggies just taste bomb, no matter what strain.
Again good luck on the soil bud, keep on keeping on
man if we lived close to each other id give ya pick off my seed list in my signature for your help and valuable info.
bud i live in cali but any time you want to mail me some seeds, just PM me, i am currently running gifted strains by a breeder budy i met online and im sure ther going to be dank!!
i would love to get my hands on any one of DJ or REZ strains, those are the only ones im familiar with in ur list but im sure all your beans are respectfully killer herb.
3 key words when using guanos.....

little but often.....
I hear yea man, i find my self using less and less
i got this crazy idea in my head that my soil (since its recycled) has all the benefits of my current guano's cycling in it?? Yea I know, I need to lay off the smoke LOL
Either way, ever since i used guano, my soil has been out performing time after time

iniquity

id be more than happy to give ya some of my dj beans. i bought original dj beans of all listed and made my own f2's from an adult selection process. the moonshine f2's i made are the bomb. they finish very short and dense and have an almost black color to them.

maryjohn

Veteran
It's not about microbes. It's about getting the solid organic material suspended into a liquid so it can be deposited on the roots.
And I'll say this again for the 1,495,285,693rd time...

Burn1

yeah, and if he follows what I told him he will do just that, minus wasting his time bubbling.

southpaw

3 key words when using guanos.....

little but often.....

I recently used Jamaican Bat Guano as part of a foliar spray around week 2 of flowering to help spark early bud production. The first spray went well, but plants were showing obvious tip burn after the second spray, which came about three days later. Both mixes were roughly a heaping teaspoon to a gallon of water, which was then steeped for about 24 hours, and shaken a few times as well. I think I also used a small amount of molasses.

How little, how often Sensei? :D

jaykush

dirty black hands
ICMag Donor
Veteran
well if the first spray worked well. you just need to wait longer before you spray again. pretty much if the plant needs it, give it to it. if it doesn't, then wait till it does. i would say once a week should be good( that is unless the plant is fine and doesn't need it)

southpaw

well if the first spray worked well. you just need to wait longer before you spray again. pretty much if the plant needs it, give it to it. if it doesn't, then wait till it does. i would say once a week should be good( that is unless the plant is fine and doesn't need it)

Sounds good... I'm following Rez/ H3ad's recipe in coco these days, but I can't help using a little kelp and guano here and there. I'll try something like once in week 2 and once in week 3 for the next 8 week strain I run.

Thanks Jay.

C

CT Guy

ok so i have recently made the switch to organic teas for my girls. why is my tea PH at 4.5 when its done brewing? recipe i used is as follows-

1/3 cup EWC
2 tbs molasses
2 tbs high N guano
1 tbs liquid humus
1-2 tbs of maxicrop liquid seaweed.

all that in about 2 gallons of tepid water. brew for 36 to 48 hours then dilute 50/50 with tepid water. PH after dilution is 4.5. WTF? i used some canna rhizotonic to bring my ph up to 5.9 to 6.1.

iniquity,

I apologize for taking so long to respond. I've been out sick the past couple of weeks and then also trying to keep up at work and remodel my laundry room at the same time! Too much going on!

Okay, it looks like a lot of your issues have already been addressed. I agree with Burn1 on the pH info. he posted and the info. about guano. If you brew up the tea and then start messing with the pH, you're going to have an impact on the microbes, though I couldn't say exactly what without some microscope analysis. If you want to use guano, make a separate tea and just use your system to aerate will getting the guano into a liquid form that can then be added to your plant. This is not really my area of expertise so I'll defer to others who use guanos on this one.

On ACT or aerated compost tea, I'd be curious to know a bit more about your brewer design. Are you using an aquarium pump? How are the microbes being extracted from the compost? Are you using free extraction or a bag for the compost?

In a 2 gallon system that looks like way too much foods for me. I think your brewer would have a tough time keeping that aerobic. I'd probably up the EWC to 1/2 cup and cut all your other ingredients at least in 1/2 and remove the guano per what I posted above.

What is liquid humus? Is that a humic acid product? If so, what % by content?

Alright, hope this helps a bit, and I apologize if I repeated anything already posted. I read through the entire thread the skimmed a bit, as I'm pretty busy today.

Cheers,
CT

delerious

I've been doing just a straight EWC with molasses brew until I get a little more adventuresome. The last brew, I added some fungal compost I got from CT Guy along with some alfalfa and a sample of their food (simplici-tea). I had 3 cups of EWC, 1 cup of fungal compost, 4 TBS blackstrap molasses, 1TBS alfalfa, and 1/2 cup of food. Brewed in about 4.5 gallons of water using 2 medium bore stones hooked up to a LuftPump SL-38. Ingredients were loose, no bag. Checked somewhere around the 14-18 hour range and it was foaming like crazy. Came back about 2 hours later and most of the foam disappeared. Final check around 23 hours and it was back to foaming again. Not sure about taste, but smell was good (earthy) and nothing I fed died :)

C

CT Guy

I've been doing just a straight EWC with molasses brew until I get a little more adventuresome. The last brew, I added some fungal compost I got from CT Guy along with some alfalfa and a sample of their food (simplici-tea). I had 3 cups of EWC, 1 cup of fungal compost, 4 TBS blackstrap molasses, 1TBS alfalfa, and 1/2 cup of food. Brewed in about 4.5 gallons of water using 2 medium bore stones hooked up to a LuftPump SL-38. Ingredients were loose, no bag. Checked somewhere around the 14-18 hour range and it was foaming like crazy. Came back about 2 hours later and most of the foam disappeared. Final check around 23 hours and it was back to foaming again. Not sure about taste, but smell was good (earthy) and nothing I fed died :)

That seems like a lot of "food" to me. Typically, the 1/2 c of our foods and 1 T. of alfalfa is all you need. I think the molasses may be overkill and could potentially send it anaerobic. If you want to add it, my recommendation would be a tsp or maybe 2 in a five gal. brew. I also use 1 heaping cup of TOTAL compost. So you could prob. get away with a cup and a half, possibly 2 cups, but 4 cups of total compost seems like a lot. If the foam starts spilling out, you can add a tsp or 2 of vegetable oil to control the foaming.

delerious

Thanks CT. I'm about to start another brew. I'll cut back. Here's a pic I snapped when it was foaming.

Attachments

• CIMG8878i.JPG
    CIMG8878i.JPG
    77.7 KB · Views: 7

Latest posts

Latest posts