What's new

HELP FAST

AceT9

okay you know how on a hps there is that thing that you screw the bulb into..which is larger than normal light sockets..well i bought one and you have to wire it your self.....There are 2 wires that are black and white.....does anyone know how to wire it to a plug

this is for a larger cfl

motaco

Old School Cottonmouth
Veteran
you need to find a hps wiring guide. I wouldn't trust a fire hazard or an accidental shocking to a stoner giving you the wrong advice.

Teadaemon

If it's for a compact flourescent with a built-in ballast (I'm guessing an envirolight or something similar) then IIRC it doesn't matter which way around you connect it (at least I'm fairly sure that I've hooked up CFLs backwards (to UK wiring - 230V 50Hz AC, 3-conductor) and they've worked).

I'm not amazingly familiar with US wiring conventions but from what I've gleaned from Wikipedia, my guess would be that black should be positive and white neutral, but please don't rely on that in any situation where it might matter.

Last edited:
G

Black is the negative. White is the positive. If there is no ground then Black may also be your ground....

AceT9

I tried to hook up one to a CFL with a built-in-ballast. i used a computer power supply cord....what do i hook the ground cord to....It is green

Latest posts

Latest posts