What's new

Help!... baby bird rescue

Amanita

Glad to hear you got it all sort out Infinitesimal. :)

I dont know what you mean by humas are all part of nature..If you mean Humans fukup nature more then tey help I agree 100%

I mean exactly what I said. Humans are a product of nature. We evolved from the same common ancestor as did every other organism extant on this planet today. We are composed of the same elements, the same atoms, as everything else in the cosmos. We might think ourselves different, but we're not. But really, this is a philosophical tangent that is unnecessary in this thread. :)

Well I mean he has given the bird to the wildlife hospital so all is well.
However before you people go posting what to feed it don't you think it would be a good idea to find out what sort of bird it is first?
After all some birds just eat nectar from flowering plants ( don't let it into your grow room) and some birds eat insects and some birds eat small lizards and stuff.
A good result is not going to come of shoving worms down a plant eating birds throat.

S

SeaMaiden

Many animals have different dietary requirements when young as compared to adult. Green iguanas are a good example of this (so are humans, but we're more complicated). Young iggies must have significantly more protein in their diets than adults. So even though green iggies are considered to be herbivores, not only do the adults consume some protein in the form of insects (I've read of some large iggies taking small birds!), the juvies must have something like 40% of their caloric intake as proteinaceous foods.

Something you should never give birds are any dairy products. They have no way to digest those proteins or sugars.