What's new

Hello to the Japanese sub-forum

They are looking good. The weather has finally cooled off. Now, all we just have to worry about typhoons blowing through. Otherwise, you should be home free!

Hank Chinaski

Long Time No Update! Absolutely No Pics!!!!

Long Time No Update! Absolutely No Pics!!!!

Well, it's been quite a while since my last update. The reason is that I've been having computer issues. Both my computers chose to break at the same time. They are both old and I'm just gonna buy a new one, but until then I'm only on intermittantly.

I have some new pics I want to upload. I'll have to get that done this week, for sure.

UPDATE :dance013::ying::cathug::artist::blowbubbles::thank you:

I took the plants that were having the mold problems like 3 weeks ago or so. They were a few weeks early, but I thought it would be best to take them before the mold got there. It kept spreading and spreading.

There were 6 Jack Herer in that spot. They were small, etc... and the yield was nothing spectacular, but I'm smoking nice, fresh buds in my new glass pipe every day and I feel really proud of myself. I only got about 50 grams total from those 6 plants. About 40% of which was moldy. So, that leaves 30 grams of the good stuff (a little early, but still quite nice, I think).

If it was just me, that 30 grams would last me like 2 months. I am a really light smoker. I almost never smoke during the day, except on weekends sometimes. I have work from the morning til 9 or 10 at night then I go home and smoke a bowl and relax. Some days 3 or 4 hits is all I need. I really don't need a lot of weed. A little lasts me a long time, however my neighbor/friend is a much heavier smoker and often visits me to help me smoke my weed. It kind of feels like the ant/grasshopper fable. While I was fjording wild rivers and crawling through the jungle he was kicking back, taking it easy. I'll have to start charging him before too long. (I gave all the moldy bud to him and he is happy as heck to smoke it up for free.)

In the beginning, we were smoking fan leaves and dead, wilted seedlings, etc... and the funny thing is we were happy to have that stuff. :laughing: We talked about how it wasn't too bad, really. Then we were smoking the moldy buds for a while and, though it was a bit harsh on the throat, we were even happier and really loving the almost normal strength of it. Now, smoking slightly premature buds and it's like heaven and I hold the bud in my hand and look at it and smell it and I feel so proud of myself when I'm packing a bowl.

:jump::jump::jump::jump::jump::jump::jump::jump:

Also, been rolling some tobacco/pot cigs and enjoying that. Here, in the world of weed costing an arm and a leg, rolling a joint never crosses the mind. Those few dear grams are just too rare and precious. Pipes only. But I'm able to enjoy a nice relaxed smoke now.

There was one Jack Herer in another spot that went a further 3 weeks and was pretty finished looking and is drying now and I'm looking forward to comparing the two diff. Herers.

I moved the little potted sativa looking bonus seed plant into my backyard and am looking forward to trying it. It looks like it's getting pretty close and I took a little bud off a lower branch to give it an early taste in a couple days.

STILL WAITING ON :bump::bump:

- One big purple white widow. Some of the big fan leaves are showing some purple coloration. It's my baby and I am drooling to try it. I'm guessing another month or so.

- 5 decent sized Neville's Haze (and a couple little ones too small to count really). I'm guessing they go as late as they can, another 8 weeks maybe.

- 3 Super Haze. I'm guessing anothr 6 weeks.

Saibai, I went with sativa dominant types because I read they are more mentally stimulating. (I really don't know too much about the difference between this or that variety.) But, I now know that sativas finish much later. Finishing time will be a consideration when I'm choosing next year's varieties. Some indicas, some sativas. Some earlier, some later.

I first smoked pot when I was 12 years old, 30 years ago, but I have really just mostly smoked Mexican brick weed and am pretty inexperienced in the world of quality nuggs.

MY FIRST SMOKE REPORT EVER!! :tiphat:

Well, I'm smoking this stuff after basically not smoking (Only 3 or 4 times a year or so) for 9+ years, so my judgement maybe isn't the best, but... It seems pretty nice to me. I often get a little paranoid or overly self-conscious when smoking, but this stuff doesn't affect me too bad in that area. A little bit of self-consciousness right away after smoking,but it soon fades away and leaves a nice happy, relaxed feeling. This weed is very relaxing physically, but stimulating mentally. I smoked some after karate practice last week and went from creaking, hurting middle aged body to smooth moving, relaxed walking the dog body. I felt like it was my first time using Mj as medicine. All my little aches and pains went right away. It worked really well as a mild pain killer.

I remember when I was a kid and had first started smoking pot, I used to lay back and close my eyes and watch images dancing and morphing and flowing into different things and they pulsed to a beat usually and it was really cool, but then it was like I got used to it and for many, many years I could never get that effect. Well, that effect is back again. It's cool, but this weed is really costing me some sleep. I get physically mellow and loose, but my mind keeps turning and turning and running in the sun and swimming in the river and picking up rocks and night's coming but the child doesn't want to go in and the sun doesn't want to set either. Lying in the dark with my wife and kids sleeping nearby, but inside my head is still light.

As far as judging the flavor, I don't know. It tastes to me like a crisp October wind blowing leaves in the moonlight.

Hank Chinaski

Update Pics!

Update Pics!

Ok, finally got my computer squared away and here's a few pics to share.

This is a small cola from one of my Jack Herers. You can see some molding in there. They went out late and and didn't get too big. I got about 10 grams per plant. At least the non-moldy stuff smells and tastes really good and is pretty strong. I am smoking fat buds every day now. Thanks to anyone who has given advice and encouragement.

JH1-2.jpg

This is a good shot of a branch being overtaken by the dreaded Brown Wither mold (the name I gave it).

BudRot.jpg

Some good buds, moldy shite and a scale.

JH2-1.jpg

Here is the one Jack Herer from the grow site that doesn't have mold problems. Consequently, I didn't have to take it early and it got 3 more weeks to finish off. It's done drying and I'm gonna smoke some when I get home in about an hour to compare the strength. About 2 feet tall, 10 grams dry bud. I wonder how much I could get from these JH at their max size?

JH3-1.jpg

Here's a few Neville's Hazes. This one is very wispy.

NH.jpg

These two NH are much bushier. I hope these biatches deliver the goods for me. When it's all said and done, I'll have had to haul myself through the river and into my secret spot in the bamboo thicket at least 20 times. Outdoor growing is no joke. It takes a bit of work!

NH2-1.jpg

NH1-1.jpg

Another shot of the Purple White Widow. Nothing special.

PWW-3.jpg

Trying to get a shot of some of the buds on some branches, but this thing is so dang leafy. Notice the purple coloration showing on some leaves.

PWW1-1.jpg

And another purple leaf shot. I'm gonna get my purp on in a few weeks.

PWW2-1.jpg

One of the Super Hazes.

SH-2.jpg

This was a bonus seed. I wonder what it was? I clipped a little bud from a lower branch and tried it out. Decent effect, but seemed a lot weaker than the Jack Herer I've been enjoying.

Bonus.jpg

This is a dead tanuki. Poor guy. He didn't make it to full grown. They are pretty hard to spot, but quite cute when you happen to catch one (living). That reminds me. Like two days ago I stopped at a red light and there was a cat sitting on the corner and he waited until the crossing light turned green and then crossed at the crosswalk. Smart.

If he would have turned his head and looked me in the eye as he crossed in front of my car, I would have totally pissed myself.

Tanuki.jpg