What's new

Hella's 35 gal Rubbermaid grow (336w CFL, Bagseed) *1st Grow*

socbutter

:snowkiss:Tagged:snowkiss:

you got me thinking. :xmasnut: will have to run a few temp experiments to see if its feasible to grow AF Lowryders with CFLs is such a small confine!?
:window:

Hella THC

Sorry for the lack of updates, folks. Work has been kicking my ass and it seems like the same 24 hours a day I had in my life before is getting shorter and shorter.

Just a few quick notes about whats going on.

The lady came down with a pretty bad mid flowering N and P deff which stalled her out for a few weeks. I also purchased a nice humidifier for the closet because I can't seem to get the RH above 22% which is stunting my seedlings growth.

After she was fed the correct nutes, she snapped right back and is really starting to pack it on again. Pictures tonight or tomorrow.

Thanks for watching :D

- Hella

Hella THC

!!!PICTURES!!!

!!!PICTURES!!!

Behold,

"OG Retard" Bag seed (47 days flowering)

picture.php
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php

Goodnight,

- Hella

Hella THC

Time for an Update!

Time for an Update!

Hey all :wave: Time for an exciting update. First off, here's the star of the show. She's looking awesome, isn't she?! Sticky as all hell and puts off a nice clean fruity skunky funk. It's great!

picture.php

picture.php
picture.php
picture.php

And the latest addition to the family is the UBS that showed us all she's a female today! See for yourself!

picture.php

And here's a group shot of the box. Upper left is the UBS (Unknown Bag Seed), lower left is the Mazar-I-Shariff, and the middle, most underdeveloped is the ORBS (Other Random Bag Seed). Hopefully more to come very soon.

picture.php

Thanks for watching. I'd love to hear your comments.

- Hella

Hella THC

Thanks again, Dr.

beautiful! thanks for the update
Anytime, sixbynine! I've been trying to do pics every week. You can really start to see the progression they are making.

looking good. i like that one you have in flower. looks a lot like a highly indica plant i grew out last grow.

:wave: Hey, stihgnobevoli, thanks for stopping by and dropping a comment. I appreciate it.

If you are just now running into this thread, I encourage you to go back a few months and see where the OG Retard came from... her beginnings are so humble, it's amazing to see where she's at now! She was only like 4" when she was put into flower. Runt of the litter! Here's a comparison picture for your enjoyment. Here she when she was put into flower on Halloween...

picture.php

As I've been playing with these bag seeds (all from the same supplier, by the way, hence the uniformity in growth pattern among the bag seeds), I've found they grow very stout with one main cola. They do respond well to topping, but their veg time is so long as it is that it doesn't seem to be worth it. VERY tightly packed internodes as well. There's never more than 3/4" between any of them. Interesting genetics. Definitely an indica/sativa hybrid. Growth structure of the plant is that of an indica, but bud structure seems to be more sativa... long hairs, smaller calyxes, extended flowering time... I'm super excited!

Taking all the plants off their risers has REALLY helped with growth and over all health. I'm still not sure why that is, but when I had the plants between 2-8" away from the lights, they were getting heat stressed, and were drying out too quickly. That, combined with the 20% RH, I was seeing a lot of stunted growth, but I added the humidifier and lowered everything in the box, and things have never looked better!

Enough rambling! Time for breakfast :D

- Hella

Fuzz420

Ganja Smoker Extraordinaire
Veteran
Looks freakin great. This is a perfect example why keep those mutant-runts. Not much longer now

Hella THC

Looks freakin great. This is a perfect example why keep those mutant-runts. Not much longer now

Haha, thanks Fuzz! Good to see you here again! You're so right. I'm going to enjoy this plant even more knowing all it has been through. I NEVER would have thought this would be the plant to survive. I have a feeling its going to be beyond dank. And it's looking like it should yield between 10-14g, which I couldn't be happier about. I'll take a half zip of free, dank buds. Plus I have all the experience of a complete grow under my belt!

I've diagnosed and solved at least 3 different nutrient deficiencies, dealt with heat stress, burn, low humidity, stunted growth... I've topped, bent, and supercropped... I've mixed soil, experimented with nutes, built my first DIY rig... I would say this first grow, despite having to toss 18 potential babies, has been a huge success, and I couldn't be happier!

Thanks for your words, cheesebuds!

- Hella

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
looks great hella! - can't be far off now. if you didnt take cuttings i would seriously think about attempting to reveg her. just try and leave a couple of leafs and a little bud at the bottom - then leave on a windowledge or under a lamp and water sparingly. if it turns out to be some good smoke (and im sure it will by the looks of it) then you will be glad. short stature plants can ve very handy for small spaces - but also you will find you might be able to get it a bit more vigorous when dialled in.

hope you are having a great christmas - and happy new year :D

V.

Latest posts

Latest posts