What's new

Heli @ night @ tree top!

doublejj

Veteran
Wet spots!

Wet spots!

Out here in Cali, they look for wet spots. Wet spot (irrigated plants) are cooler than the surrounding dry dirt. They look for cool (wet) spots with flir. They fly over dry hillsides & valley's that haven't had any rain & look for wet spots, that shouldn't be wet. Scarry sh*t!

Here's a video of how they use it to find irrigation leaks in vinyards:tiphat:

peace
doublejj

Video:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ptKwkk2W-WM

Strainhunter

Tropical Outcast
Veteran
How'd he find out?

And if I was able to PM you regarding my question earlier, I totally would lol.

Someone "up there" who's in charge of areal "stuff" told him.

And regarding your question...I did reply...to me growing in Florida was WELL worth $$$ the tougher state regulations!
I would not have done it elsewhere.

Not saying you won't get the same elsewhere...but it worked for me real well for the time being.

AGBeer

So does anyone have an EDUCATED idea what they might have been looking for after dark NOT using a spotlight?

Im sure what they were looking for was a justification of spending the last of this years fiscal budget.

Training for new recruits

A joy ride for some of their buddies

Beta testing of new technologies afforded to them that they plan to add as a line item to their upcoming budget.

FreezerBoy

Was blind but now IC Puckbunny in Training
Veteran
I say it was ManBearPig. The new recruits thing is an obvious scam.

Picture fuzzy as that has to be real.

Shade tobacco is tobacco grown under some kind mechanism that provides shade. I don't know exactly, b/c we grow pot and not tobacco, but I am assuming whatever you put there that provides shade would fool with the FLIR finding that special color of green that means a pot farm is there. Considering that this was near a mountainous region known for growing lots of outdoor and for being kind of a hillbilly area, I'm surprised they weren't aware of how to do this, too. I bet they grow tobacco, too.

Maj.PotHead

End Cannibis Prohibition Now Realize Legalize !!
Mentor
Veteran
Actually *know*?

No one, hence the speculation aspect.

But maybe have an idea what it all could have been about.

FLIR @ night just doesn't make sense.
searching for indoor grows and possible outdoor plots but i would bet indoors. where i live they fly patterns over the city every spring and fall, heck our city is a training ground for unmaned drones flyn in the air day n night