What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Heaviest yielding quality strain ??opinions, suggestions ?

yortbogey

To Have More ... Desire Less
Veteran
clone only..... GOOD DOG

queso negro x Pakistani

serious indica funk w/ suburb growth habits....

mtntrogger

Veteran
Never grown the pure sweet tooth. I have a hybrid of it going now. your local strain "CrossWalker" sounds awesome !!!! Never had the pleasure of growing that one as my circle is somewhat limited and I'm a good 2 day drive from Colorado.

Hey frankie ,Hows that sweet hybrid ? was sweet tooth the male or the female in the equation ? I have always suspected "the walker" to be just a renamed strain. But it has been around here for about 15 years and has always gone by that name. I feel like everyone in our area has had it at one time or another.

Rosy Cheeks

dancin' cheek to cheek
Veteran
"Heaviest yielding quality strain"

Subjective depending on ALL elements have to be in sync. You can have a heavy yielder and screw up on over fertilizing, overwatering, pH not being correct (in balance), weak light, air circulation, pests.

Concentrate on quality, for now, not quantity. That comes with experience.

I started growing more than 25 years ago, so I can't really put myself in a newbie's shoes. That said, I do think that there are plenty of easy to grow, high yielding strains that packs a punch.

I've grown some OG's and other so called quality strains low on yield, and my personal opinion is that it's a waste of time.

In my garden, 3/4 of the crop goes into hash and oil making, together with the trim. My oil is so potent that it blows ANY bud out of the water, it's just incomparable. So, the idea of spending 2 1/2 months or more growing a low yielding plant just to have that special grape aroma or whatever when you can more than double the yield and have an even more devastating smoke just doesn't work with me.

So I'm all about super potent high yielders (check my gallery for refs), that's my thing.
You said that you're an Indica guy. Hybrids tend to yield more, but if you're looking for a high yielding (almost) pure Indica (that I've grown), I recommend Sensi Star. It's too Indica for me, but that's what you want right? As said already, mix some skunk with an afghani and you'll almost certainly improve on yield and high IMO.

Wow thanks for all the great responses. . I understand how there are so many variables involved and take that into consideration. I have been growing quite some time so I know a couple of things. There's so many choices it's mind boggling. Again thanks everyone

guy fawkes

Veteran
casey jones.. fooking huges yields of kick ass dankness,, very good smoke and when done right the yields is just silly lol,, youll need support !

TheOutlawTree

Sin city seeds- Sour Jefe
Mandela- Satori

Blue Dream
Green Crack

You can find huge yielders from serious seeds chronic but its very low smell, mild stone... Any of the big girls ive found in those genetics went longer like 10+ weeks too. Much better off running ECSD amazing quality and yield but 11 weeks.