What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Heaven, Hell, and the Devil aren't real, but God is?

Chi13

ICMag Donor
I've always thought of organised religion as a way of controlling people, "opiate of the masses" kind of thinking. No problems with people having private beliefs but I absolutely hate being preached to.

I follow quite a few podcasts about health, history, politics, science etc. I have come across quite a few what I call online grifters (Russell Brand, Huberman etc) who turn to Christianity when they've been caught out in public scandal. Makes me want to puke.

Despite being anti religion, I do practice things like meditation and tai chi, and there are elements of spirituality within. I also have no doubt a lot of my views have their roots in Judeo/Christian thinking.

Seems bizarre that out of all human history, only those who are Christian get to go to heaven. Even Christians who have been bad all their lives can simply repent at the end and all good. How convenient.

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
I've always thought of organised religion as a way of controlling people, "opiate of the masses" kind of thinking. No problems with people having private beliefs but I absolutely hate being preached to.

I follow quite a few podcasts about health, history, politics, science etc. I have come across quite a few what I call online grifters (Russell Brand, Huberman etc) who turn to Christianity when they've been caught out in public scandal. Makes me want to puke.

Despite being anti religion, I do practice things like meditation and tai chi, and there are elements of spirituality within. I also have no doubt a lot of my views have their roots in Judeo/Christian thinking.

Seems bizarre that out of all human history, only those who are Christian get to go to heaven. Even Christians who have been bad all their lives can simply repent at the end and all good. How convenient.
lets not forget the payola to the church for your sins, this seems convenient
im not saying tithing is bad, but straight up hush money to some guy that somehow GOD will accept as an atonement for allz my sins
/here take all my moniez now!

like yourself @Chi13 i was raised in the west but have some pretty heavy beliefs in the old spirituality too
to me it all comes down to ebing good creatures of nature and there is something way bigger we cant see
ive comforted myself inn times of life and death by saying if this is it this is it, but i know this is not it
i guess some people call it mana, and if you are of good spirit it blesses you
GOD loves me and he love all good creatures great and small

but wtf do i know

Rgd

Veteran
Lets not forget the payola to the church for your sins, this seems convenient
lets not forget these are franchise$ run by humans

the deal seems to be a personal relationship with Jesus Christ

ok enough from me ..but thats what has helped my life..and this you can only know by experiencing it

blazeoneup

The Helpful One
Chat Moderator
Veteran
The best science today, tells us that the universe is made up of 68.3% dark energy, 26.8% dark matter and 4.9% ordinary matter.

E=MC² has both physical and metaphysical implications. We have empirical evidence for both. We have empirical evidence for the physical implications with fission/fusion and we have evidence for the metaphysical implications through the mathematical architectures we've created. Metaphysical objects like the icons on your desktop and even this website. The website exist, we use it to interact with, but underlying this metaphysical domain is a physical architecture. Which was designed and built by physical beings.

For example a computer architecture is real, the pcb the power supply, the monitor and even the pixels themselves are physical objects made from material. Yet the objects we create "icons, interactive message boards" these aren't physical and do not exist outside of the metaphysical layer which exist entirely dependent on the underlying phyical architecture. The physical system represents a possibility space for manifestations of metaphysical objects. It's a physical architecture giving rise to a mathematical framework which gives rise to an interactive possibility space, where we see the possibilities manifest.

Dark energy is the physical container, you would know this if you truly comprehended the meaning of e=mc² and used it as a function to exchange dark energy for matter which has the structure required to shape energy into objects. So dark energy is the physical architecture, giving rise to the mathematical framework known as dark matter, which gives rise to the metaphysical layer we call the material world.

The hierarchy that we know as God, is also real, as it represents a domain or layer proceeding this universe.
In terms of the United States founded 7/4/1776 =10-4 7+4=11 +17+76=104. Short for 10-4 roger that!

Atheist and materialist alike, tend to consider metaphysical or supernatural a myth, yet the science affirms 95% of this universe exist in the space of unknown to science, making it mostly supernatural. The most High doesn't care he's the most High so why does it bother him what we think.

Compare the protein and its functions to that of computational algorithms, life wouldn't be possible without the function of proteins, which speeds up chemical reactions that without which life wouldn't be possible. Compare that to language processing speeds of AI algorithms.

In the beginning God said, let there be light. Science gave us the big bang model.
The bible gave us Christ vs Antichrist. Science gives us matter vs Antimatter.

Most people know a physical server can have upgrades, material upgrades, for example I add a solid state drive to my computer, this is physical upgrade yet that provides more metaphysical storage space. The external upgrades are reflected internally as more space. In terms of the human psyche, its made up of three distinct parts, the mind, the soul and the spirit. It takes a properly aligned human psyche to cleanse the conscience of corruption. That's why truth sets you free. The two witnesses seem fairly well aligned to me. Science and theology.

Some people don't know their ass from a blackhole in the ground.

main-qimg-c54087b5942ac6cc1ff3ef28c6e68060-lq.jpg
2024-04-10 08_52_25-0x0.webp (960×650).jpg

Last edited:

CharlesU Farley

The best science today, tells us that the universe is made up of 68.3% dark energy, 26.8% dark matter and 4.9% ordinary matter.

E=MC² has both physical and metaphysical implications. We have empirical evidence for both. We have empirical evidence for the physical implications with fission/fusion and we have evidence for the metaphysical implications through the mathematical architectures we've created. Metaphysical objects like the icons on your desktop and even this website. The website exist, we use it to interact with, but underlying this metaphysical domain is a physical architecture. Which was designed and built by physical beings.

For example a computer architecture is real, the pcb the power supply, the monitor and even the pixels themselves are physical objects made from material. Yet the objects we create "icons, interactive message boards" these aren't physical and do not exist outside of the metaphysical layer which exist entirely dependent on the underlying phyical architecture. The physical system represents a possibility space for manifestations of metaphysical objects. It's a physical architecture giving rise to a mathematical framework which gives rise to an interactive possibility space, where we see the possibilities manifest.

Dark energy is the physical container, you would know this if you truly comprehended the meaning of e=mc² and used it as a function to exchange dark energy for matter which has the structure required to shape energy into objects. So dark energy is the physical architecture, giving rise to the mathematical framework known as dark matter, which gives rise to the metaphysical layer we call the material world.

The hierarchy that we know as God, is also real, as it represents a domain or layer proceeding this universe.
In terms of the United States founded 7/4/1776 =10-4 7+4=11 +17+76=104. Short for 10-4 roger that!

Atheist and materialist alike, tend to consider metaphysical or supernatural a myth, yet the science affirms 95% of this universe exist in the space of unknown to science, making it mostly supernatural. The most High doesn't care he's the most High so why does it bother him what we think.

Compare the protein and its functions to that of computational algorithms, life wouldn't be possible without the function of proteins, which speeds up chemical reactions that without which life wouldn't be possible. Compare that to language processing speeds of AI algorithms.

In the beginning God said, let there be light. Science gave us the big bang model.
The bible gave us Christ vs Antichrist. Science gives us matter vs Antimatter.

Most people know a physical server can have upgrades, material upgrades, for example I add a solid state drive to my computer, this is physical upgrade yet that provides more metaphysical storage space. The external upgrades are reflected internally as more space. In terms of the human psyche, its made up of three distinct parts, the mind, the soul and the spirit. It takes a properly aligned human psyche to cleanse the conscience of corruption. That's why truth sets you free. The two witnesses seem fairly well aligned to me. Science and theology.

Some people don't know their ass from a blackhole in the ground.

View attachment 18985708 View attachment 18985713
Excellent post!

This part in particular because it succinctly says what this blow hard Boomer knows is reality... "It takes a properly aligned human psyche to cleanse the conscience of corruption. That's why truth sets you free. The two witnesses seem fairly well aligned to me. Science and theology."

Thanks for moving this here, it's where it belongs, should have put it here to begin with, my bad.

Guess this is your "domain" here on ICM and since I never visit it, this is the first time I've bumped into the blazeoneup Mod. I can't imagine trying to mod this area and a chat room type environment, you must have the _patience_ of a Saint!

I won't be a problem for ya. ;)

This will be my last post in this thread and subsection but that was a fantastic fucking post, so I may lurk a bit, just to read your posts in here. (y)

Last edited:

GOT_BUD?

Weed is a gateway to gardening
ICMag Donor
Veteran
and thats great if you get to call the shots...

but just possibly you don't

ps there are no atheists while sliding at 180kph on black ice..heading towards a bridge
Wanna bet? If I'm in that situation I am processing information and providing inputs to the car to correct the trajectory. God is not entering my thoughts at all.

"JESUS TAKE THE WHEEL!!" gets you killed.

Last edited:

TheMan13

Veteran
The greatest beauty I find in religion is true humility, putting someone/something before yourself for real. In reality true service to others/community requires that spirit in your soul regardless of one's beliefs. As a veteran the saying commonly used goes: "There are no atheists in foxholes" (aka Foxhole Conversion).

Of course one must be conscious of those narcissists/sociopaths/psychopaths (lack of conscience) folks that exploit these good individuals and institutions, like organized religion, for their self interest (Fame, Money, Power and Control). Sadly, historically that includes most "great" religious leaders ... The problem is not with the books/words, it's about the people selling them IMHO

Last edited:

Rgd

Veteran
Wanna bet? If I'm in that situation I am processing information and providing inputs to the car to correct the trajectory.

>I agree...do your best to navigate.. though coefficient of friction of black ice ..is.

.mighty low/zero

hint #1.. don't use the brake
God is not entering my thoughts at all.

"JESUS TAKE THE WHEEL!!" gets you killed.
>not " Jesus take the wheel”.....though I guess that could happen ..[guessing low %]

more like..

”I hope there is more to this life somewhere because I am leaving it... in 3...2..1

Hermanthegerman

Know your rights
Veteran
Lasse Gott in dein Herz, und er steigt von seinem Weltenthron. (Friedrich Schiller)
Let god into you heart, and he descend from his throne of worlds. (Hermanthegerman :))

Most humans make the mistake to think on humans when they think or talk about god.

Last edited:

armedoldhippy

Veteran
The problem is not with the books/words, it's about the people selling them IMHO
the bible is a book which has been interpreted, reinterpreted, misinterpreted, edited, and changed ever since the first writing. all of which was done by fallible human beings who may or may not have had ideas/plans of their own. control of religion is even more powerful than money or military might. i look at organized religion much like i do organized crime...

chilliwilli

Waterboy
Praying did help me but only if i was ego violating honest to myself. I think it doesn't need an entity on the other side to do so. For me faith is kind a collection of first beginnings of psycho therapy.
I never could explain it to others right but i think the concept of god or any higher beeing helps you to stay a better person because it's something seperated from yourself and not affected by your own state of mind. It's kind of an anchor that prefents you from drift off into depression or anger if your enviroment promotes them.

CharlesU Farley

I can see by the responses that I'm not the only one who has been thinking about these issues. If we had the option for a like or love button to push, I'd do it.

Love button... I could really go to town on that one. Harley, my wife, just now said, "_I've_ got your love button. 😂 :ROFLMAO: 😂

Hermanthegerman

Know your rights
Veteran
Praying did help me but only if i was ego violating honest to myself. I think it doesn't need an entity on the other side to do so. For me faith is kind a collection of first beginnings of psycho therapy.
I never could explain it to others right but i think the concept of god or any higher beeing helps you to stay a better person because it's something seperated from yourself and not affected by your own state of mind. It's kind of an anchor that prefents you from drift off into depression or anger if your enviroment promotes them.
Sad that we have no like button. Good said Chilliwilli!

s. o.

Gry

Veteran
How very nice looking it is. I see the perpetual renewal in the trees which embrace so the structure so beautifully.

Last edited: