What's new

HEAT?????

Granger2

Veteran
Lamp exhaust air temp should be below 140 unless you're pulling intake from the attic or something. Good luck. -granger

Iffy

Nil Illegitimus Carburundum
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hi Folks,
HEAT - the bitch!
There comes a time when you have to throw your hands up. For me that time has arrived.
I have tried everything to bring my room temps under control, so that I can grow during the day and rest at night. It just suits my location & situation but how ever hard I try, whatever money I've thrown at it, it's no fuckin use! Even the 9000Btu A/C unit doesn't fucking do the job properly!
So I've switched to night time growing. I don't like it but just have to bite the bullet for now. At least temps are easy now. It's just the noise I'm worrying over now. Still if I didn't have something to worry about - well, I'd be worried! :biggrin:
Got another trick up my sleeve - another 6" SVK L1 fan, right at the chimney exhaust port will help but the only thing that will really control the room temps is a bigger/better quality A/C unit. I'm looking at a 15000Btu one at the mo but £465!!! Phew!
What we need now is an Easterly wind, straight from Siberia!
Stay safe & happy growing :tiphat:

Iffy

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Heat

Heat

Hi Folks,
More on the HEAT issue and the impeding warm weather here in the UK.
Fitted an additional 6" high volume fan into my light cooling run, making it 3 x 6" fans in the 13ft run with 3 x 600W lights. 'Overkill'?

Possibly but at least I have control of the temps now & you can always stick a fan controller on one to tone it down if required.
Hope this is enough but I do have a few more tricks up my sleeve if not.
Stay safe & best wishes in the fight! :tiphat:

Im not sure on the cfms of the fan. Thinking about gettin another one. Lately ive been able to keep the temp down to 77-83 with 3x 1ks on.. Turned my ac to 62 lol..im getting Down to 64 -68 at night

Iffy

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Heat

Heat

Hi Folks,
Another way of course of combating the heat, especially if you've run out of options with fans & ducting etc - is to run CO2.
Even a simple DIY setup will help your plants cope with the heat. In fact if you have a really efficient CO2 setup, you can run about 10 degrees hotter.
Happy & cooler growing :tiphat:

Iffy

ICMag Donor
Veteran
CO2

CO2

A diy c02? How?

Hi Cookie Monster,
There is loads of info here about Co2 generators, hit the search button.
The easiest way is to use vinegar & baking soda. Set up a bucket with some BS in it and a way of dripping the vinegar slowly into the mix - this makes Co2. A simple fan attached to the bucket will flush it out & over your plants. (When the lights are ON only) There are Co2 buckets you can buy too that use a funghi to create the Co2. There are also very technical systems that cost $$$$.
Hope it helps fella - take care & happy growing :tiphat:

Hi Cookie Monster,
There is loads of info here about Co2 generators, hit the search button.
The easiest way is to use vinegar & baking soda. Set up a bucket with some BS in it and a way of dripping the vinegar slowly into the mix - this makes Co2. A simple fan attached to the bucket will flush it out & over your plants. (When the lights are ON only) There are Co2 buckets you can buy too that use a funghi to create the Co2. There are also very technical systems that cost $$$$.
Hope it helps fella - take care & happy growing :tiphat:

Sweet i'm going to look into that. does that cause the room to run hotter as with other c02 units?

Iffy

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Co2

Co2

Sweet i'm going to look into that. does that cause the room to run hotter as with other c02 units?

Hi CM,
It depends on your choice of Co2 generator. A small gas burner kicks out loads of Co2 but yes unfortunately also a lot of heat. The chemical reaction/microbial action type of generators do get slightly warm but only a small fraction of a gas burner, not enough to raise your room temp by any significant amount.
So they don't 'cause' your room to run hotter - but 'allow' your room to run hotter (without penalty).
Take care :tiphat:

Iffy

ICMag Donor
Veteran
HEAT - The Red Bitch.

HEAT - The Red Bitch.

Hi folks,
Another upgrade to my system in the on-going war against the rising temps. I bought a commercial air pump designed to run 14 aquariums in a shop. Pumps out 85L p/min!!
I'm only running 4 air-stones, so I had to block 10 of the pipes!

(I'm not advertising AN products - honest. Just to give you an idea of the size of the unit) :biggrin:

Overkill? Possibly but look what it does to the res!!

Like Champagne! My roots are going to be dancing!!

Stay safe & happy growing :tiphat: