What's new

Healthy plants are going bad ... wth..

growshopfrank

Veteran
just for shit and giggles get yourself a USB microscope that will go at least 100X, doesn't have to be top of the line some thing cheap off ebay will do
then inspect the roots of the sick plants and take your time and inspect well

might be buying some merit 75 in the near future

Mr Blah

So if I have a 50 gal system use about 1.25ml of chlorine every 4 days. I got well water.
On this system I do not have a chiller. Will that make a diff?

Snype,

Have you used any of the 'new and improved' higher strength Clorox?

I fortunately have had no issues so far..(4th week of flower) but am interested and actually did add some Clorox based on your advice.

Running a 47 gallon reservoir. 5 ML = 1 teaspoon

1/5 teaspoon = 1 ML

The new higher strength Clorox is 33% stronger from my research..?

So 2/3rds of 1/5th teaspoon = roughly 1/8 teaspoon.

Went and bought a 1/8 teaspoon and have been adding once per week the last 2 weeks.

Should I just stick with this and add every 4 days instead?

Thanks so much

Thanks...but i'd prefer to be more accurate.

Meters aren't accurate to the single PPM..at least not the one I have. (It's a $200 digital hanna)

When the meter has an allowable margin of error of roughly 10 PPM...that's A LOT for this purpose.

In the mean time, my plants are rockin' with 1/8 tsp every 3-4 days. Hopefully that's okay

chewyy

Well I tried the bleach method still no good results in two weeks now.. I think I found the problem though , the plants were in coco/perlite mix and when they were in solo cups before I transplanted into the dwc buckets .. I watered them with general organics nutes when they were in solo cup stage , so maybe having the GO nutes leech into the system somehow messed the roots up? So now next solo cups will be watered with just general hydro synthetic grow micro bloom only , and no organics to see if that was the culprit.

chileno1978

Thanks...but i'd prefer to be more accurate.

Meters aren't accurate to the single PPM..at least not the one I have. (It's a $200 digital hanna)

When the meter has an allowable margin of error of roughly 10 PPM...that's A LOT for this purpose.

In the mean time, my plants are rockin' with 1/8 tsp every 3-4 days. Hopefully that's okay
Hi, Then just use a Chlorine Checker US$50 bucks
Chlorine Photometer 0.00-3.50 ppm(mg/l)
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Hanna-HI-71...531?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item563a3dce73

chileno1978

Well I tried the bleach method still no good results in two weeks now.. I think I found the problem though , the plants were in coco/perlite mix and when they were in solo cups before I transplanted into the dwc buckets .. I watered them with general organics nutes when they were in solo cup stage , so maybe having the GO nutes leech into the system somehow messed the roots up? So now next solo cups will be watered with just general hydro synthetic grow micro bloom only , and no organics to see if that was the culprit.
Benefical Bacteria Culture and never have problems again. Just add lavarocks or aquarium biological filter media.

Latest posts

Latest posts