What's new

Healthcare passes house. your thoughts?

Status
Not open for further replies.

cashmunny

Its terrible news.
This has been reported to cost taxpayers 1.2 Trillion a year.
The USA currently collects 2 Trillion a year. So thats about 50% increase in taxes.

The frquently quoted number is 1.2 trillion dollars over 10 years. Which works out to 120 billion dollars a year or about 20% of the Pentagon's annual budget. Surely we can devote a fifth of the money we spend on bombs to the health of our own citizens.

SpasticGramps

Don't Drone Me, Bro!
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I am american and I can tell you one thing, we are the most greedy people in the world. Not only do we not want to provide good health insurance for future generations, as long as we have ok health insurance now we are fine!

Every civilization has been and always will be rife with greed. It is simply human nature. How benevolent was/is the Bourgeoisie in a communist society. What about the Spanish conquistadors quest of Gold. Greed is everywhere and always will be. America certainly seems to be the epicenter of greed at the moment, but I argue that's simply because we have the most economic power.

I agree that health care needs to be reformed, but this bill isn't feasible for the country right now, IMHO. And I'm saying this as someone who was dropped by an insurance company as a child (pre-existing condition) and father had to go into unrecoverable debt to pay the hospital bills. And I know that people do go home and die because insurance companies make loopholes for themselves to jump through. It's disgusting and tragic. This bill is the wrong pill at the wrong time.

slappyjack

His points are dead on. Next.

Sure, he's right in line with other RW bloggers who are also lying about the bill.

The poster claimed these sections are in "our 2000 page bill", they are not.

Unless you can post proof that these sections are in the bill you're simply supporting his lie.

SpasticGramps

Don't Drone Me, Bro!
ICMag Donor
Veteran
The frquently quoted number is 1.2 trillion dollars over 10 years. Which works out to 120 billion dollars a year or about 20% of the Pentagon's annual budget. Surely we can devote a fifth of the money we spend on bombs to the health of our own citizens.

Do you honestly believe the CBO's projection is accurate considering that they are ALWAYS off by huge margins?

slappyjack

AND it's paid for. A fact that the RW lie brigade always leaves out.

iGro4Me

The Hopeful Protagonist
Veteran
Sure, he's right in line with other RW bloggers who are also lying about the bill.

Unless you can post proof that these sections are in the bill you're simply supporting his lie.

Where did I mention anything about the bill ?

I said HIS POINTS were dead on, not the referenced material.

A

Amstel Light

Any system where a healthcare executive makes 100 times the salary of a school teacher needs to be changed...if not destroyed....cause them priorities are fucked up and I don't remember ever getting a vote on that.

yea thats what gets me..bunch of teabaggers thinking they are patriots while the healthcare industry shells out 23million (old number ) to lobby against reform so they can SCREW said teabaggers in the future....complete and utter brainwashing...if it were not so pathetic it would be comical..

Bobby Stainless

"Ill let you try my Wu-Tang style"
Veteran

your precious bill was written by liberals for liberals, and passed by a 5.... READ THAT AGAIN

5 vote margin. 220 to 215. To think this has a chance is a exercise in foolishness.

Status
Not open for further replies.