What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

heady's maine adventure: gavitas, blumats, and the wicked lobstah soil mix

heady blunts

prescription blunts
Veteran
PRJ we had limited space and money so i used a lung room design in an attempt to consolidate our environmental controls---ac, dehuey, etc.

we're also in a residential neighborhood so i didn't want to be blasting 1000+cfm into the yard even if it was scrubbed lol.

this way i just use one giant carbon filter in the flower room, and it dumps odorless air back into the lung. with the amount of air exchange i can smoke blunts in the lung room and you can't smell it on the other side of the door.

once the weather gets cooler in the fall i'll be drawing in outside air using a thermostat controlled intake fan.

one last reason for the lung was because i could build the hvac like the rooms were big tents. this is my first grow scaled up to this size, so i wanted to limit the amount of giant leaps i was taking lol.

if i were building out commercial space instead of a basement i'd probably have gone with a sealed room design.

heady blunts

prescription blunts
Veteran
good catch frank. the daddy was actually a bkgk bx1 plant based off philthy's awesome bkgk keeper. I'll go back and edit the earlier posts to reflect that.

edit: if anyone would like to know more about this sexy daddy, check out the stank bro's forum!

bkgk#1 x (bkgk x (digiberry bx1))

:blowbubbles:

KONY

Veteran
Welcome to the greatest state in the country, at least on the east coast. I like your modified CC soil, we are doing a very similar mix now, very convenient having every ingredient available right at fedco.

heady blunts

prescription blunts
Veteran
nearly everything kony! that place is pretty rad though.

charcoal at home depot, peat and compost at the garden center, and neem, crab shell, perlite, and oyster shell at the hydro store. it WAS Neptune's harvest crab but the neem and oyster were DTE.

frank just saw your question about cody. took the seed plant to ten weeks for 10% amber.

heady blunts

prescription blunts
Veteran
***chorus of angels***

:angelshug: :angelshug: :angelshug: :angelshug:

picture.php

the flower room is full!!!!

heady blunts

prescription blunts
Veteran
thanks guys!

there are six plants that are at four weeks. I snapped a few pics. here are two of the faster gals.

moonflower 7

picture.php

picture.php

chem cross

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

heady blunts

prescription blunts
Veteran
our CBD plants

harlesin

picture.php

picture.php

birms's incredible power cut

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

you can see birm's incredible power is a fucking beast. i decided the yellowing was prob from the blumats being set a bit dry for her crazy growth during stretch. got a bit of a pH swing with lockout or something.

she seems back on track giving no fucks!

both of these gals have a pleasant nose going on as well.

I can't wait to have a few jars of CBD meds grown by yours truly in the medicine cabinet!

Coba

Veteran
Whoa, now that's what's up!

clean room Heady. From the pictures it almost looks like you're in a greenhouse...

heady blunts

prescription blunts
Veteran
thanks coba! I finally learned how to set the white balance on my camera. these are all taken under the HPS!

heady blunts

prescription blunts
Veteran
Nice set up! Subbed.

Are you using any SST or just malted barley?

I've made two batches of malted barley tea (is that not also considered sprouted seed tea?) a couple months ago.

the first one I brewed for around 24 hours then applied as a root drench. did NOT like that.

I later learned that you can get to vinegar if you brew for too long so the next one I brewed for 6--8 hours and it was much better. still didn't really see the results everyone raves about tho.

I need to do more reading on the subject TBH.

I have a hunch they could have a beneficial interaction with all the rock dust in my mix (or whatever microbes digest that)...

SST and coconut water hit the forums while I was in deep prohibition paranoia, so I only started learning about it recently.

does anyone have any links or suggested reading for me to chew on? thanks in advance!