What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

headbanger... holy shit

zachrockbadenof

Veteran
i have a headbanger in hydro, next to a runtz muffin, and an unknown seed- all doing well, but while the runtz and the unknown have finished the stretching , the headbanger continues growing... i'm in a 5x5ft tent, and i'm running out of headroom... HELP...

Lester Beans

Frequent Flyer
Veteran
That Headbanger is some good herb. I really liked that one for potency. Never took cuts as I've never had much luck with Karmas gear and wasn't expecting much. Dumb lol

Crooked8

Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
i have a headbanger in hydro, next to a runtz muffin, and an unknown seed- all doing well, but while the runtz and the unknown have finished the stretching , the headbanger continues growing... i'm in a 5x5ft tent, and i'm running out of headroom... HELP...
Yup, she shoots up. Weave into your screen, use multiple screens. Lots of lower stem and budsite removal. Thats the way.

Last edited:

kro-magnon

Veteran
How many days of 12/12 got the plants? If you have a heavy Sour D leaning phenotype she can stretch until day 30 pretty strongly. If you are in the first 2 weeks of flowering you can still cut the part who could be too tall or bend the branches. Did you top your plant or not and what day of 12/12 is it ? Without those info it's not easy to know exactly how to help you.

zachrockbadenof

Veteran
How many days of 12/12 got the plants? If you have a heavy Sour D leaning phenotype she can stretch until day 30 pretty strongly. If you are in the first 2 weeks of flowering you can still cut the part who could be too tall or bend the branches. Did you top your plant or not and what day of 12/12 is it ? Without those info it's not easy to know exactly how to help you.
hey hey... today is 32days since going 12/12- i topped the plant twice in veg, prob should have chopped her shorter (i took cuttings), which will do next round... i will take a pic and post later - i can't tell which way she leans

zachrockbadenof

Veteran
here are the '2' pics... the pic with the larger buds is the runtz muffin, the other booming plant is the headbanger... seems to be leaning to the sativa side of the family.. its 33days since i went 12/12

Attachments

• IMG_2495.jpg
    IMG_2495.jpg
    268.2 KB · Views: 45
  • IMG_2498.jpg
    IMG_2498.jpg
    181.2 KB · Views: 45

kro-magnon

Veteran
At this stage the Headbanger should stop to grow and only will gain height with the flowers forming, you can bend the taller branches to reduce her height that's what i'would do in this case. You have to pinch the stems and slowly work it to allow it to bend without breaking, it won't form a cola making this but each level will make a decent sized bud.
That's an ultra vigorous girl you have there, if you have cloned her you know what to expect on the next grows, she looks like she's leaning heavily on the Sour D side on the cross, you should have some very good buds to smoke out of her.

zachrockbadenof

Veteran
At this stage the Headbanger should stop to grow and only will gain height with the flowers forming, you can bend the taller branches to reduce her height that's what i'would do in this case. You have to pinch the stems and slowly work it to allow it to bend without breaking, it won't form a cola making this but each level will make a decent sized bud.
That's an ultra vigorous girl you have there, if you have cloned her you know what to expect on the next grows, she looks like she's leaning heavily on the Sour D side on the cross, you should have some very good buds to smoke out of her.
yessssss.....