What's new

Headband smoke report

wick650

This Headband is not the schroomy's P.A original Diesal nor JJNYC's underdog... its a strain thats been heading south from the humboldt area to So Cal recently, and is often called "707 Headband".

During Chemdog's travels through California two summers a go he brought buds grown by a Nor Cal friend of his of this OG'ish Headband down south... smoking samples of it with Swerve and J.B of Hortipharm whom is a mutual friend of Chem & I..... when Chemdog showed J.B this H.B I remember Chem was supposed to have said something like "this right here is the real O.G bro." I think Chem said the same to swerve, hopefully Swerve will chime in.

In my experience, the majority of So Cal dispenciarys have advertised this "707 Headband"'s lineage as a cross of sour D x S.F.V O.G Kush...
However, the people working the counter @ 99% of the clubs are constantly fed rumors and misinformation... also they often make mere assumptions upon the lineages of strains through the process of educated guesses (based upon comparing similar aspects of aromatic undertones a long with the flower structure and general look of the buds).

To me, the qualities of the bud do seem almost like an combo of 80 percent O.G/ 20 percent Sour D, in aroma, taste and bud structure. Its very nice, like SFV o.g kush with an extra twist to it... I like the oldchool'ish O.G cuts better than this 707 headband, yet I like it a better than the SFV og cut. Its very similar to swerves SFV o.g cut though, nearly identical though.

Dusty Bowls and a few nor cal IC'rs know people ruuning the 707 Headband and know more about the lineage and what the story is probably more than I do.

Last edited:

petfish

i run a headband cut as well. looks different than that. these pics are at day 50 of 70. i asked myster x if this was out of his stable but he wasnt sure.
sure is pretty, smells like fuel and sweet grapefruit mixed together.
and the yield is HUGE! look like it'll be a round for awhile.
nice hb's bro. :joint:

Organiclygrown

I got this strain from one of the local clinics. I must say that i truely enjoyed its taste, Not to mention it is perfect for the day time. Nice report man.

I hate hearing about how dank all these chemdog and og kush crosses are. I don't live in Cali so I feel like I'm missing out on something. Damn west-coasters and their elite cuts... Make some seeds and put them up on the bay so the rest of the world can see what it's about!

G

Just wondering if anyone from the east can confirm that underdawg/HB has in fact made it to the west. Could it have ended up in Mendo/Sonoma? are there cats with both gangsta and HB cuts or are they from totally different camps. Thanks for any info.

Tha-GOD

No it isn't. Calis headband is (Sour Diesel x OG Kush). Nothing at all like the real headband. But to be expected from cali, they truly are kings at stealing names. And whoring out genetics.

i get buds called headband in the midwest that look exactly like petfishes, and smells like a lemon diesel truck, i dont think its the original headband as it doesnt purple up and it looks different then chemdawgs cuts, we call it hippy headband in my woods

clorox

Smokin on that serious...
eastcoast checkin in' heard about headband from a local dude who only smokes the best and has no connections to the boards, that was about 2 weeks ago, said he had smoked it, so if it was indeed the real deal(which i would bet on) its made it out east

A-Loc

mofuckin farmer smurf
my brother had some headband from what i recon it was around the time of these last posts. it was a really good tasty smoke. i was smoking on some haze and this blew it out of the water, 3 or 4 hits off a chilum had me stooned. wouldn't mind gettin a cut of her.

Nice report, I just finished an 8th of what was called "Headband" from a local co-op, the guy told me it was a cross between sour diesel and OG Kush, but I never really believe them anyway lol.

G

here is the HeadBand cut i was gifted.
she's been through alot...a house fire,then left in the snow for 2 days.
but she is recovering.

she freakin reeks even at this size..the stinkyest plant i have.

looking foward to growing her out.
256IMG_1449-med.JPG

mikessong

How's the stretch on the 707 Headband? Double? Triple? I've got some going that are near a foot and a half and I'm trying to decide when to flower them....I think they're real 707 Headband, they don't look the same as the Original Diesel which I ran last time.

Latest posts

Latest posts