What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Hazeman Monkey Balls (aka Deep Chunk F2) for big leaf trait

DandAbc

I'm looking for something with huge broad leaves, is deep chunk a good choice? Is there anything more current I should look at?

RobFromTX

Hazeman has a pretty mixed reputation. Shop around. Plenty of better seed banks out there that offer indicas that produce big broad leaves

browntrout

Veteran
Deep chunk and most if not all DC hybrids have massive fan leaves. Especially when I un-topped and grown well outdoors.

DandAbc

Hazeman has a pretty mixed reputation. Shop around. Plenty of better seed banks out there that offer indicas that produce big broad leaves

Anything specific indicas in mind? I was only looking at deep chunk bc the leaves are known for being large.

RobFromTX

Anything specific indicas in mind? I was only looking at deep chunk bc the leaves are known for being large.

All pure indicas are going to have those big leaves. Bubba kush comes to mind. Ace seeds has a bubba kush x pck im interested to try. From the photos ive seen sensi seeds maple leaf indica has pretty big leaves too

DandAbc

I popped a single mli from sensi and it was straight skunk smell to me, leaves didn't seem any larger than some modern hybrids. I'll have to read up on Ace's bubba. Thanks for the suggestions!

albertgriffiths

Are you planing to cross it with ABC?

In his last Pot Cast interview, Nspecta/CSI talked a bit about his work with australian bastard cannabis, but as far as I recall, he said the "bastard" leaves were very recessive and he was having trouble outcrossing it to anything else...

I may have heard wrong though, as I was doing something else while listening...

PetePrice

In his last Pot Cast interview, Nspecta/CSI talked a bit about his work with australian bastard cannabis, but as far as I recall, he said the "bastard" leaves were very recessive and he was having trouble outcrossing it to anything else...

I don't understand the need for ABC anymore, a novel leaf trait but other than that what's the point?

albertgriffiths

I don't understand the need for ABC anymore, a novel leaf trait but other than that what's the point?
Most of the world's population is still living under prohibition...

And even where it is legal, stealth can still be usefull and will probably still be for a few decades (to overcome low plant limitations, to avoid bad reputation, theft...)

DandAbc

If I like something from the mix it may eventually make it's way in. ABC is slow and I've had sterile pollen on two different reversals.

PetePrice

Most of the world's population is still living under prohibition...

And even where it is legal, stealth can still be usefull and will probably still be for a few decades (to overcome low plant limitations, to avoid bad reputation, theft...)
Granted and how many are outdoors? It still smells of canna doesn't it? How many of the big outdoor growers use it? Also did hyb get it to have THC?

Last edited:

Liltree

If you're looking to breed ABC with an increased leaf size the Dooligah hybrids I've bred could be a better place to start.

I actually got a shout out from CSI in that potcast you referenced! I think Deep Chunk would make an excellent outcross!

Attachments

• 20230130_174412.jpg
    20230130_174412.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 28
  • 20230311_185946.jpg
    20230311_185946.jpg
    3.7 MB · Views: 33
  • 20221128_172929.jpg
    20221128_172929.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 29
  • 20231012_084402.jpg
    20231012_084402.jpg