What's new

Hazekush cross??

JDOG6000

Veteran
There will be.
Orange Kush x original haze and original OG Kush x original Haze are my next two.

G

JDOG6000 said:
There will be.
Orange Kush x original haze and original OG Kush x original Haze are my next two.

Nice :) I was gonna do Arjan's haze #1 with Hindu Kush..

Your going to be pollinating the haze right or the kush?

JDOG6000

Veteran
The haze will be the male.

Yours sounds good too.
It's more of a true kush/haze hybrid.
Mine will be more like Kush hybrid/hazes.
I was thinking of making a master Kush x original haze also.
I had that backwards.
It's the male first and the female second, like you had it:THOHaze x OG Kush.

Last edited:
G

JDOG6000 said:
The haze will be the male.

Yours sounds good too.
It's more of a true kush/haze hybrid.
Mine will be more like Kush hybrid/hazes.
I was thinking of making a master Kush x original haze also.
Incase you didn't know the female is the first strain and the male is the second strain when you write it like this: OG Kush x Haze.

I didn't know :) So I don't completely mess something up .. how much does it matter if I use a Haze female with a Kush male?? what would be the difference between that and a Haze male with a Kush female other then name?

I only have fem seeds for the Arjan's haze... Arjan's Haze x Hindu Kush sounds good thou :) I'm sure if you did Master Kush x Original Haze it'd be a treat :)

Last edited:
G

Hey JDOG6000 I know how to water flavor my marijuana right before harvest.. but how do they lock in flavors so you get similar taste no matter what seed.. you wouldn't happen to know would ya??

Last edited:

JDOG6000

Veteran
It's really hard to say because I've never bred with either strain before.
But the most important part of breeding comes during the selection to inbreed.
Which male and which female you use to continue inbreeding is more important then which one is the female and male to begin with.
Basicly you want to make the first seeds.
Then grow as many out as possible.
Find the best female that has the flavors and other traits you want.
Then use a couple different males from the cross but keep the seeds seperate.
Then you can figure out which male is best for what you want and you can either backcross it to the original clone(if you want it more like one then the other) or continue inbreeding it this same way.
This is how you get each seed to be similar if not the same.
And it's all about which ones you choose to use. As far as the flavors and traits you want. The feminized seed you got should work fine as the female.
Just use a Hindu Kush male. But make sures it's a good one.
Look for the smell you want coming off of it in veg and flower.
Look for crytsals when you flower out the male. And look for the structure you want.
Think of it like your parents. I'm sure you have traits from both.
And then if you have any brothers or sisters,they are different then you,ofcourse.
But each one of you takes after one of the parents more then the other and some take after uncles and aunts. Think of you and your brothers and sisters as the F1's you make first.
If you could inbreed humans with out problems it would work like this.
Say one sister takes after dad and your other sister has your mothers traits and thats what your after in the offspring. The mothers traits.
You'd get rid of your Dad like sister and use the Mother like sister to continue the line. Because the offspring will be more like whichever sister you use to continue inbreeding. Then you use your selection skills to pick a male(not as easy because you can't smoke the flowers)
But you can smoke the leaves once it drops polline to test flavor and potency.
But smell and structure are also very important.
I hope that helps a little. I'm kind of new to this whole thing too.

G

JDOG6000 said:
It's really hard to say because I've never bred with either strain before.
But the most important part of breeding comes during the selection to inbreed.
Which male and which female you use to continue inbreeding is more important then which one is the female and male to begin with.
Basicly you want to make the first seeds.
Then grow as many out as possible.
Find the best female that has the flavors and other traits you want.
Then use a couple different males from the cross but keep the seeds seperate.
Then you can figure out which male is best for what you want and you can either backcross it to the original clone(if you want it more like one then the other) or continue inbreeding it this same way.
This is how you get each seed to be similar if not the same.
And it's all about which ones you choose to use. As far as the flavors and traits you want. The feminized seed you got should work fine as the female.
Just use a Hindu Kush male. But make sures it's a good one.
Look for the smell you want coming off of it in veg and flower.
Look for crytsals when you flower out the male. And look for the structure you want.
Think of it like your parents. I'm sure you have traits from both.
And then if you have any brothers or sisters,they are different then you,ofcourse.
But each one of you takes after one of the parents more then the other and some take after uncles and aunts. Think of you and your brothers and sisters as the F1's you make first.
If you could inbreed humans with out problems it would work like this.
Say one sister takes after dad and your other sister has your mothers traits and thats what your after in the offspring. The mothers traits.
You'd get rid of your Dad like sister and use the Mother like sister to continue the line. Because the offspring will be more like whichever sister you use to continue inbreeding. Then you use your selection skills to pick a male(not as easy because you can't smoke the flowers)
But you can smoke the leaves once it drops polline to test flavor and potency.
But smell and structure are also very important.
I hope that helps a little. I'm kind of new to this whole thing too.

No you helped alot!! I thought this is what I needed to do heh :)

I never heard of smoking the leaves.. anymore info on this process.. I've heard very little of people rolling blunts with marijuana leaves thou.. any more info on when I should test a leaf for flavor? They usually drop pollen 2weeks after being switched to 12/12 right??

Last edited:

bravo

the kush x haze sounds great. i read the og is really not all that powerfull it's the facinating high that get everyone not to mention the taste. i feel the haze and hindu crosses will just alert the person smoking the specimen to the next level and that is what everyone wants. jd is a shame we don't know one another or i would want to help. enjoy the marijuana grows and to the characteristics in mj, bravo

JDOG6000

Veteran
Basicly after you get your polline and are killing it.
Dry out a leaf that wasn't hit with polline and smoke it up in a pipe for taste test and smoke it first thing in the morning so you can feel the high, if any.
It's not that reliable of a test but it gives you an idea. You really just have to grow the seeds to find out the quality of the male. Thats why I said keep the seeds from each male seperate.

OG is strong and has a unique high.
It really depends on which one you have.
The two I have are the best clones I have, IMO.
If I had to pick 2 strains to keep only.
It would be those 2. One is a Kushy more indica pheno and the other is a chemdawg/Thai pheno and more sativa then the other one.
Both are unique and super strong. The SFV OG(sativa pheno) has a really euphoric floaty high. And the Original OG(Kush pheno) has a razor sharp side from the sativa in it ,but also it's a giggly indica kush high. It makes me laugh more then any other strain I have smoked. And puts me in a generaly happy mood.

G

rez did a pre-98 greenhouse ssh x abusive og kush. i have 2 going at the moment, 1 is a nice mix and the other is looking more kushy than the abusive og kush i have right beside it.

Core

Quality Control Controller
ICMag Donor
Veteran
High&Lonesome said:
rez did a pre-98 greenhouse ssh x abusive og kush. i have 2 going at the moment, 1 is a nice mix and the other is looking more kushy than the abusive og kush i have right beside it.

you mean the abusive kushhaze feminised?...got 4 seedlings running of this strain ....running a few sativa/indica's for the first time....i 've read there more sensitive?....so i'l watch out on the nutes ?

JDOG6000

Veteran
Thats awesome guys.
I'm sure mine will be quite different. Also mine won't be feminized either.
I'll stablize em for at least 4 generations.
But those sound good too. You'll be able to find some more original OG Kush/SShaze type phenotypes in those feminized seeds. Thats the cool thing about them, they bring out all kinds of genetics.

G

Core said:
you mean the abusive kushhaze feminised?...got 4 seedlings running of this strain ....running a few sativa/indica's for the first time....i 've read there more sensitive?....so i'l watch out on the nutes ?
Sativas are more sensitive then Sativa/Indica and they are more sensitive then Indicas .. Indicas can eat up alot I read.

Also depends on strain

Core

Quality Control Controller
ICMag Donor
Veteran
mmmmh yea i thought so...i've read it a few times here on the board....is it so much more difficult?can't be that hard?.....

ohw and good luck on your project JDOG :yes:

JDOG6000

Veteran
Naw, just flush more often with a pure or almost pure sativa.
Maybe use a smaller dose of nutes too.

G

I was asking everyone what they would cross with og on another thread and someone said haze and JD said he was going to do it him self soon. I think it sounds so fucking good . It has to be special

JDOG6000

Veteran
I got the THOHaze polline ready to polline my original OG Kush thats a few days into flower. So those beans will be made in a matter of months.
I think MysterX crossed his SFV OG to the THOHaze also.
So they will get around eventually, I'm sure.

G

im not really up on the subject, but when outcrossin Haze, shantibaba had said somethin about usin males and not females, somethin to do with mitochondrial DNA?? was over my head, never could get my mind wrapped around it.

all the Haze hybrids ive done ive used Haze males. and i get Haze dom plants. TomHill had done a Haze hybrid usin a Haze female X DC male (TuleFog), Jdog its the female first, then the male when describin a cross.

this last Haze hybrid i did i used a PHaze X SCreme, and the wee sprouts have fatter leaf, and already appear much different then the Haze hybrids ive done, where everytime out the sprouts show long slender fingers.

CBF

JDOG6000

Veteran
I always thought the same thing.
Until I heard otherwise recently.
I was told that in the real scientific genetic world that the male goes first all the time. But I could be wrong. I sure would like to know once and for all ,either way.