What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

HAZE X KALI CHINA FEMINIZED

El Quijote

hello good morning, after 7 months of curing today I present the smoke report of Haze x kali china, flowers of medium to small size quite dense,

It gives off a very fruity smell, mango, maraculla, papaya, hints of blackberries, reminiscent of some tropical smoothie, it also has a smell of species and herbs from the Mountain, with hints of red wine and barrel wood, there is a smell that it also has and shares with super malawi Haze, it is a smell of pencil wood and touches of pencil writing eraser, with hints of floral, it also smells like hashish,I also find aromas like menthol with fruity,
accompanied by incense and wood with sweet notes.
when you light the cigarette there is a lot of incense, wood, a cathedral smell and touches of topical fruit with aromas of hashish special touches of species and I also get that smell similar to super malawi haze that I mentioned before only that Haze x kali china is much more fruity and more to dark wood,
very incensed variety leaving a smell of fruity incense with hints of delicious Cathedral wood, I think it was the most incensed and fruity variety that I grow

the effect after 7 months of curing is very powerful more than I thought powerful psychedelic effect and with effects on vision such as seeing colors with more brightness, I find that to smoke in the morning it is very strong I prefer it in the afternoon or the night 😁 long-lasting effect without tolerance you can spend all day smoking that keeps going up.
Highly recommended variety and I will repeat without a doubt I give it a 10 I do not see a fault with this variety, on the contrary, it is perfect and withstands all the bad weather that comes without problems.

Attachments

• IMG_20220605_113407.jpg
    IMG_20220605_113407.jpg
    4.5 MB · Views: 260
  • IMG_20220605_113003.jpg
    IMG_20220605_113003.jpg
    4.9 MB · Views: 262
  • IMG_20220605_113007.jpg
    IMG_20220605_113007.jpg
    4.8 MB · Views: 257
  • IMG_20220605_113116.jpg
    IMG_20220605_113116.jpg
    4.5 MB · Views: 255
  • IMG_20220605_113121.jpg
    IMG_20220605_113121.jpg
    4.6 MB · Views: 253
  • IMG_20220605_113309.jpg
    IMG_20220605_113309.jpg
    4.3 MB · Views: 264
  • IMG_20220605_113314.jpg
    IMG_20220605_113314.jpg
    4.5 MB · Views: 259
  • IMG_20220605_113351.jpg
    IMG_20220605_113351.jpg
    3.9 MB · Views: 257
  • IMG_20220605_113332.jpg
    IMG_20220605_113332.jpg
    3.7 MB · Views: 242
  • IMG_20220605_113406.jpg
    IMG_20220605_113406.jpg
    4.3 MB · Views: 272

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
A pleasure to read your smoke report El Quijote :love: thank you so much ! Your description of its complex terpene profile is simply mesmerizing !
You really have an skilled and trained nose ;) So glad to hear the incense is so loud, potency and quality up there, and that you are so pleased with the genetics until want to repeat.

Dr.Young

K+ vibes
Veteran
PurpleHaze x KaliChina..... Week 9, 11/13, and looking like it 'll be done by week 12 easily....Smelling like licorice so far... Just gave a dose of sugar+epsom salt so terps should spike drramatically if I can get the temps down.. Its been 100*F here and AC failing so temps are near 80*F in tent... Wanna get it down to 75*F day 60-65*F Night.. Its super frosty, and not your typical weak nonselect NLD pheno. Definitely keeper selections involved in the breeding.. Not sure if this is a Kali Mist expression or a Hazey expression.
20220724_224555.jpg
20220724_224532.jpg

Last edited:

Dr.Young

K+ vibes
Veteran
Day 70... Cheapo Dirt mix... With topdress of Dr.Earth (Fishbone meal/Alfalfa/Kelp/Feather/molasses/myco all in one).... My soil mix/PH is shitty and my cheapo meter tells me PH is 7 so probably too high for max potential but she is still so vigorous and resistant. Tmmrw Im getting a bale of dirt, and EWC so I can do things proper this time....
Man i hope these next couple weeks this Haze girl swells the way I envision that she can.... Weather kicked my ass this run.... but I'm excited to harvest everything, and leave the bottom of the plants to reveg, So I can start over fresh, and actually grow some plants in healthy soil, and give them way better temps/humidity/VPD this time..... Next run is going to be soooooo much better, and its already looking like some super potent ganja...
I
20220729_225526.jpg
20220729_225711.jpg
20220729_225530.jpg
20220729_225321.jpg
20220729_225306.jpg

Last edited:

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Looks really nice for your first run with this genetics Dr.Young love it! If she is not taking more than 3 months indoors from seed is because you did a good job with her. She is Haze sativa leaning, but also with hashplant indica resin type, let us know what do you think after harvest and a bit of curing!

Dr.Young

K+ vibes
Veteran
I let her go 14 weeks.... Such a great haze frame.... I had very poor VPD for veg/transition all the way up until week 6-7 and definitely ruined the terp profile so I cant comment on that, but she is potent. The most potent in the garden from this run. Cant wait for her to reveg, and I got another planted so i'll have 2 girls this run.... I got VPD fixed, Its cooling off outside finally, and I got a nice fan/humidifier so I can keep the girls healthy and terpy this run. I also had no worm castings, so this plant was literally just topdressing and whatever miniscule amount of compost that was in the cheap dirt I used... This run is gonna be done properly... In soil with better PH, and some castings..... Its gonna be awesome.... Updates soon. This run was mostly stuff flowered from seed, with plans to reveg. Just so I could take a peek at what stood out even in non-ideal conditions. I like to stress stuff, and neglect to see what thrives. I like to test what germinates,tops,clones,revegs with vigor consistently no matter the environment. These Haze x KaliChina are definitely high quality vigorous expressions from a very special area of the cannabis genepool. Definitely a good baseline of potency/quality in these girls. I really hope she revegs, this plant would look insane under ideal conditions.

Last edited:

Foggy420

1662594705595.jpeg

KC x haze just starting to flower. It's my first so I don't really know, but I'm going to say it looks hazy. I kept it in a small pot until the stretch and then potted up to a 10 gallon.
1662594922502.jpeg

1662594886878.jpeg

KC x haze In the middle, Honduras Panama on the right. Not much smell on either yet. They seem similar, honxpan maybe a little more wild. There's a little killer A5 bottom right.

I'll do a little pollen chuck on all three hitting a few branches with Thai A5, Malawi, and Destroyer males.

I imagine in a few decades there are going to be a lot of these Ace seeds sativa mutts going around doing amazing things.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Congrats on the harvest Dr.Young your outcome and pheno you got reminds me a lot ULMW results.
Looks over ripe for my taste at 14 weeks, imo she was closer to her best potential closer to 10 weeks than 14, but that's just my opinion, you might have a different taste.
Glad the outcome is potent and motivates you to make another run of the genetics :) Much easier genetics to reveg than most mainly indica modern hybrids.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Thanks for sharing some pics of your greenhouse sativas starting to flower @Foggy420
Haze x Kali China prefers gentle soft-moderate feedings, it doesn't need as much EC as Killer A5 Haze or Honduras x Panama, both really love strong feeding during flowering.

Pots look really big. Are plants already root bound ?

Haze x Kali China and Honduras x Panama and Killer A5 Haze crossed with Thai A5 Haze and Destroyer sound like music to my ears ! (y)

Foggy420

Thanks for the tips. Those are the final pots, so they're not root bound in those. For the passed few seasons I've been successful (taking your advise) managing plant size with a smaller pot until the stretch and then potting up so the roots get some fresh soil through flowering. Also hopefully using the greater volume of soil as a ph buffer. My water has a fairly high ph and I haven't really come up with a good system for constantly amending the water for every watering.

It's a hard life being one of my plants... the environment Is harsh with wind and fog. Also this is just a hobby so they don't get my full attention. i.e, auto irrigation timers.

I've got some leaf yellowing so I've been hitting everyone with a light dose of organic big bloom and some worm compost topdress.
1664173623821.jpeg

1664173664472.jpeg

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
well done @Foggy420 yeah, it's time to feed when yellowing happens in early flowering. Feed her moderately for some time, because at this stage and upcoming weeks is when she is going to need more the food.

marijuaman

Hi everyone! Started a Haze x Kali China fem recently. 12 days above ground now.

It’s in a 63”/1.6m tall tent and 7gal/26.5l pot - I’m planning to top at the 4th node as soon as possible then flip to 11/13 immediately. Hoping I can keep the height in check…

When do y’all think it will start truly flowering if I flip at around 15-21 days from seed?

BE24F3B5-7905-4DB7-950A-37B17AEFB3AA.jpeg

Last edited:

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Hi marijuaman sorry for my delay in the reply. Glad you chose Haze x Kali China for your indoor grow with a single feminized seed. Guess it must be starting to flower by this time .... how is she doing ? Please share an update if you have the chance, thanks!

marijuaman

Hi marijuaman sorry for my delay in the reply. Glad you chose Haze x Kali China for your indoor grow with a single feminized seed. Guess it must be starting to flower by this time .... how is she doing ? Please share an update if you have the chance, thanks!
Hey Dubi!

Not going so well unfortunately. It’s at 20 days of 11/13 now and running into some issues and spreading quickly. Struggling to figure out if it’s simple underfeeding or a lockout. Looks to be cal/N deficiency so Im going to try upping calmag and N this week.

Hopefully I can get this sorted out soon because the plant is so damn vigorous and shows much potential despite the feeding issue

Attachments

• 8C786B66-1224-41F9-8998-F55301B09003.jpeg
    8C786B66-1224-41F9-8998-F55301B09003.jpeg
    3.6 MB · Views: 159
  • 53DCF8E5-02F7-4C0E-A3FE-593C45973B32.jpeg
    53DCF8E5-02F7-4C0E-A3FE-593C45973B32.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 167

Shua1991

Hey Dubi!

Not going so well unfortunately. It’s at 20 days of 11/13 now and running into some issues and spreading quickly. Struggling to figure out if it’s simple underfeeding or a lockout. Looks to be cal/N deficiency so Im going to try upping calmag and N this week.

Hopefully I can get this sorted out soon because the plant is so damn vigorous and shows much potential despite the feeding issue
After watering ph rest the runoff, that will tell you if its a lockout issue or a nutrient deficiency needing higher feeding.

marijuaman

Let's work on it @marijuaman ! @Shua1991 is correct. Do you measure the ph and ec in yout waterings and feedings ? Looks to me like the plant is out of ph range ....
@dubi @Shua1991

Yep! growing in 7 gallon soil with organic soluble nutrients. I ph the solution to around 6.2-6.4 before watering, and soil slurry test shows 6.5ph.

I attached my feeding log for this plant with a nutrient list at the top - apologies if it’s hard to read. In each date entry, the “oz” is how much of the solution was watered in, and the other quantities are how much has been mixed per gallon.

The issue started at the bottom middle of the plant and started to work its way up

Attachments

• Haze x Kali China (F).pdf
    18.2 KB · Views: 156