What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Haze males from old GHS lines

Spaventa

Veteran
Nice outdoor plants :)
I said “pine, herbal, floral AROMAS” bro, nothing to do with shape. It’s a commonly used descriptive for the smell of pine trees, pine needles. Have you never seen it in smoke reports? Or strain description under a subheading or smell/taste?

Anyway, NL#5 is a pure indica used by Nevil in crosses to shorten the flowering time of his Hazes.

I’m about to check the seeds for moisture incase they need more.

Edit- looking good. A couple have cracked and showing some embryo :)

Last edited:

CaptainDankness

Guys, I just found and promptly purchased some old Greenhouse seeds regular packs, Nevils Haze regs and Hawaiian Snow regs. They have been stored professionally. They were the last packs. (They have 1 pack ElNino regs left)

Anyway, I’m looking for the NH #2 pheno that I grew from this very line in 2006 for my jars, not breeding genetics particularly but I wonder if these seeds could have plants of value to a breeder? Would the males potentially make good dads?
Definitely could be some good for breeding, if it's only 1 pack you'd be better off open pollinating and then selecting, really even just to find the #2 pheno. Now Shantibaba claims to have the original parents, some say he lost all the originals in a bust and genetic drift could have happened as well. Greenhouse fem version is 100% going to be different since it's not using the original father so it can never have the same genetics as the original.

Really comes down to if you like what you find. Is it better or much different from the Mr. Nice version? If it's similar to the Mr. Nice version it's not going to be as special.

Absolutely some good can come from it, Rare Dankness used it in Ghost Train Haze which won a cannabis cup and was the most potent weed at the time. Pretty sure he just used the Mr. Nice version. A bit like I'm thinking about using Hashplant from Sensi Seeds, they have that strain Mr. Nice which is G13 x Hashplant so I'm thinking of crossing Hashplant to some of the newer strains that I think are better than any G13 crosses I've tried, could be great could suck, most likely it will be at least decent so I'm going to try it out, see what happens. My guess is it's going to be pretty good, next cup winner? Probably not, but only one way to find out.

Spaventa

Veteran
I’m after #1 pheno. The 13 weeker but I’ll keep the #2 as a bonus if I get both. It’s #3 I’d kill frankly. A 16 week dwarf that smells of hotdog onions.
I have two packs, I started one.
Not interested in F2ing them. Only the known F1 phenotypes. You also lose the hybrid vigour with F2.
I’m looking at Pollen preservation, tissue culture and people to take clones. Others can F2 them all they like then.

Last edited:

ETERNAL FIRE FARMS

Are you going to run log of the pack ?
If you are il happily chuck you a pack of 1 of my most heaviest Nevil Haze hybrids to run along side it If interested.
I'd be interested in doing that.. looking to buy some decent neveles haze beans at the mo actually.. and Yr rhino x chem x diesel and that gdp x neveles haze too.. what other oldschool meets newschool goodies u got to buy too brva haha or just pure oldschool bx's? Don't suppose you any critical or bubblegum bxs or crosses too have u?🤷🏻‍♂️👌💯💚🙏

Spaventa

Veteran
I spoke to someone about tissue culture and cryogenics. It’s not idiot proof and requires investment of time and money to get started learning. So that’s out.

I’m going to flower clones of any females and keep the seed mothers, even the dwarf if she shows up.
Any male plants that germinate will just be flowered and the pollen dried and stored in a freezer dedicated to the purpose.

I’m in the middle of testing a Triploid from a JH cross I’m really excited about. If it’s good, trying to pollinate her with a Neville’s haze male intruiges me. Triploids are difficult to pollinate but it can be done. Rates are low that’s all.
The triploid is certainly a super plant so far. Although it’s a more JH smell, It smells as intensely as exodus cheese, loud even in early veg. It roots in 48 hours and grows like crazy. Big hollow stems at 5th node in veg!

I will have second look at the NH seeds tomorrow.

Decided to be optimistic and get things ready :)
8AAC8BEF-25B6-4184-A502-419485C9A4A0.jpeg
6D3C77E3-3731-431A-A155-9A41FC5C0214.jpeg

Last edited:

endgegner

Found this randomly. May be interesting for you.
A 2007 video from Arjan:

He doesn't mention phenotypes though and the video quality is awful. It is not worth to be fully watched, but you may see something useful at the end.

Last edited:

Spaventa

Veteran
Found this randomly. May be interesting for you.
A 2007 video from Arjan:

He doesn't mention phenotypes though and the video quality is awful. It is not worth to be fully watched, but you may see something useful at the end.

That needs another 2 or 3 weeks. Arjan thinks it’s done because of brown pistils?! No, he knows it’s not done but want to tell people all NH are 13 weekers. jokers. Humidity getting high can do that in 24 hours! You know what else turns them brown? Bare handing them.
The 13 weeker is loaded with milky trichs and knarly, nougaty, swollen calyx’s with no new pistils at 13 weeks and it’s not a dark green plant. Thats possibly the 16 week pheno with wide fingers, branchy and sweat/body aroma I guess but who knows with these two.

Last edited:

Spaventa

Veteran
Thanks endgegner, I appreciate having you guys along for the ride.
I’ve used GT root it cubes a few times now. They Ph better then r/w. I haven’t used them for cuttings as I use an aero prop but they work great for seeds.
What with the Nitrozyme it might look like I’m a rep for GT but when it comes to starting seeds, these have worked every time

endgegner

I just bought a 4 x Single Pack auction at Mr Nice Seeds for 225 euros. I will get 2x Neville's Haze, 1x SSH and 1x Mango Haze.
I really hope, that the current stock is like the older one, as Shanti often mentioned Neville's fridge in some recent videos and TheDarkStorm's post seemed really plausible. Maybe I find something interesting for breeding.

Spaventa

Veteran
I just bought a 4 x Single Pack auction at Mr Nice Seeds for 225 euros. I will get 2x Neville's Haze, 1x SSH and 1x Mango Haze.
I really hope, that the current stock is like the older one, as Shanti often mentioned Neville's fridge in some recent videos and TheDarkStorm's post seemed really plausible. Maybe I find something interesting for breeding.
That’s some pricey seeds bro, best of luck with them.

endgegner

That’s some pricey seeds bro, best of luck with them.
Thank you. I will do a 36 plants selection grow, keep the best male and look for mothers. But not in the near future, as I don't wanna vape anything apart from landraces and still need to produce a lot of landrace weed before I can get into breeding. I still need to think of something what to do with the weed, as I don't wanna vape something that strong haha

Spaventa

Veteran
Thank you. I will do a 36 plants selection grow, keep the best male and look for mothers. But not in the near future, as I don't wanna vape anything apart from landraces and still need to produce a lot of landrace weed before I can get into breeding. I still need to think of something what to do with the weed, as I don't wanna vape something that strong haha
Oh I thought you meant you payed 225 for 4 seeds lol the word single threw me

endgegner

Oh I thought you meant you payed 225 for 4 seeds lol the word single threw me
Nah, it was a 4 x single pack of your choice auction :)
And Critical Mass for 33 Euros. I love these auctions. And since Germany has decriminalized I can now order from the Nehterlands and let my parents ship it to me from Germany to Eastern Europe haha