What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Haze males from old GHS lines

Spaventa

Veteran
Want the real neveles haze? Go to Mr nice seeds.. shantibaba nevele and Howard Marks have all the originals before they split from arjon at ghs apparently arjon re made all the so called originals like rhino n neveles haze etc coz shanti and nevele took all there own breeding work with them to Make there new company with Howard Marks Mr nice seeds.. 👍 👌😁💯💚🙏
A lot of people grew numerous packs of MNS Nevils Haze and were very disappointed because it doesn’t have the church aroma to the smoke found in the GHS Nevils Haze. It’s obvious that Arjan certainly kept plenty of seeds made with the original parent plants even if he didn’t keep the plants themselves. Something obvioulsy went wrong for Shanti and Howard because it’s well known that their NH has no church, musk, incense aroma when burned.

ETERNAL FIRE FARMS

A lot of people grew numerous packs of MNS Nevils Haze and were very disappointed because it doesn’t have the church aroma to the smoke found in the GHS Nevils Haze. It’s obvious that Arjan certainly kept plenty of seeds made with the original parent plants even if he didn’t keep the plants themselves. Something obvioulsy went wrong for Shanti and Howard because it’s well known that their NH has no church, musk, incense aroma when burned.
Fare enough I can't lie I'd have to vouch for u there as I bought a pack of there mns super silver haze about 10 years ago and I found the same.. no incense haze spice smell or taste just had a very limey flavour.. wernt what I remember as proper haze or proper super silver haze to be fare.. any proper haze like u say absolutely bangs a room out n fills it instantly with that Inscencey spicy haze smell that's un mistakable.. well.. looks like they did the same as all the established breeders nowdays and just paid and left someone else to do it for them.. that clearly don't know what haze is... I just thought maybe I was unlucky or maybe I took em to long or grow error but clearly not if there are others that say the same..👌🙈💯💚🙏

Last edited:

ETERNAL FIRE FARMS

For the creator of this thread, my own experience with the spicyest incesey hazyest weeds that fills rooms with the stench instantly iv personally grown out that used to love, was Jack o nesia it was a karma genetics cross back in the day, n also the moonshine haze by rare dankness.. had that unmistakable incensey spicy haze smell fill the room instantly and the spice taste mixed with pure buttery creamy and sweet tropical fruit like a tropical juice one pheno, and the other pheno was like it was a cross of bubblegum and neveles haze was literally full on super silky sweet bubblegum terps mixed with that unmistakable haze incense spice...

Hope thats better advice than my outdated first post hahahhaha glad that @Spaventa reminded me about that no incense spice factor with mns hazes nowdays... I'd hate to give bad advice on ere.. 🙈👌💯💚🙏

Last edited:

ETERNAL FIRE FARMS

@Spaventa
Have u heard any other bad things about there other strains?? I was craving the old critical skunk and rhino the other day thinkin about getting packs but now u reminded me about there hazes not avin that haze incense spice anymore, now it makes me worried that there dank old strains like rhino/ medicine man and critical skunk/ re worked big bud won't be that dank oldschool dankitydank that I remember either...

Last edited:

Spaventa

Veteran
People said that Mango Haze was better but even then, it’s a less common expression so not in every pack.
Honestly, until I came by these old GHS packs, I was about to run NH crosses I bought from Connoisseur Genetics. The breeder, OJD, holds elite old Nevils clones. I’ve grown several of his other strains and don’t doubt his work. That’s where I decided the best prospects for haze aroma were. I will run his stuff after the GHS. The CG seeds are fresh and should be fine waiting whereas the old GHS packs have waited long enough!

ETERNAL FIRE FARMS

People said that Mango Haze was better but even then, it’s a less common expression so not in every pack.
Honestly, until I came by these old GHS packs, I was about to run NH crosses I bought from Connoisseur Genetics. The breeder, OJD, holds elite old Nevils clones. I’ve grown several of his other strains and don’t doubt his work. That’s where I decided the best prospects for haze aroma were. I will run his stuff after the GHS. The CG seeds are fresh and should be fine waiting whereas the old GHS packs have waited long enough!
Yea iv heard of ojd n connoisseur genetics brva haha been around for years too n great reputation.. fare enough that's good to know 👌💯💚🙏

Spaventa

Veteran
Yea iv heard of ojd n connoisseur genetics brva haha been around for years too n great reputation.. fare enough that's good to know 👌💯💚🙏
OJD is imo the UKs foremost breeder these days. I don’t know if it’s his skill or his elite parent plants or both but the best hybrids I’ve grown were his. 90s Haze and GSC Haze were both amazing. I will one day run more and select a keeper. At the time I was getting hooked up with all manner of elite clones so was running them.
We it not for random shit like old packets of seeds and bros giving me cuts, I’d only be growing OJDs work.
Sounds like I’m shilling, even to me lol …but I swear I’ve never met the man or have and reason to lie. I’ve been on this site a long time and grown a lot of seeds. You can trust CG.
OJD will advise you what from his collection suits you.

Last edited:

Spaventa

Veteran
An S1 of an old Neville's Haze Elite Cut from OJD would be great. I think nobody offers something like this?
I’d give that a go if I’m blessed with a grail.
Right now, im sweating them germing.
There’s two great fears in this game. One is an unexpected early morning visit, the other is your hopes and dreams not sprouting.
I don’t expect much sleep for 48 hours.

Last edited:

Spaventa

Veteran
So I have time to think. Open pollination to F2 them is of zero interest to me. The valuable, heirloom work is the stable 3 pheno type F1 Nevils Haze plants you get from the F1 poly hybrid by Nevil and Shanti. That’s the part that I want to preserve, at least in part.
You can achieve that a couple of ways. Selfing to make S1 seed is something I’ve only heard of and that’s may be a possibility but I know it didn’t work with the Cheese and I haven’t seen many S1 win cups.

What does work is what Neville did and what OJD is now doing… crossing and back crossing to the parent whose traits you want.
The other thing OJD does is cross with other elites to get totally new combinations that have amazing genetic of both parents, just as Nevil did.

EnjoyingLife

Why don't you use the NH from Mr Nice Seeds? I consider them more reliable. They don't have all Hazes though. A Super Lemon Haze male would be interesting.
Im not disagreeing with your thought of an SLH male being interesting but I'm wondering what makes you say this.

endgegner

Im not disagreeing with your thought of an SLH male being interesting but I'm wondering what makes you say this.
Well, males are usually more dominant in crosses (from what I have read). So you could easily add a good chunk of SLH if you do a cross with a male, especially if you have a clone only strain, this is your only way to do a cross (unless you stress the female to produce pollen, but I am not a fan of this kind of "breeding"). Amnesia Core Cut x SLH would be an interesting cross.
Or you could do an F2 cross and have a bigger gen pool to select a keeper.

Spaventa

Veteran
Then there’s tissue culture, embrogenesis and synthetic seeds. I wonder if it’s reliable yet?
I know from someone who was interested that the seed didn’t remain viable for long but even if that’s still the case, seeds with a few days viability would still reach anywhere by airmail in time to germinate. Obviously, this would not replace natural seed for growers but it could be a transport medium for collectors and breeders of elite and rare plants. I’d get invested if I could be convinced it works.

Spaventa

Veteran
ohhh exciting stuff ....got my fingers crossed for germination 🤞
I’m resisting checking for 48 hours. I just go to check the temperature where they are. I adjusted my central heating so they are at a stable 22 C. Im relying on the H2o2 in the Nitrozyme in the solution to prevent any mould or bacterial infection. The other ingredients won’t hurt either.
I didn’t bite them, scratch them, trim them or soak them. I think as many seeds have been killed as saved by these tricks. Even handling them at all is against my intuition and experience of what works. I even read about people rattling them around in matchbox to weaken the shells before germinating. Fuck all that craziness!

endgegner

I’m resisting checking for 48 hours. I just go to check the temperature where they are. I adjusted my central heating so they are at a stable 22 C. Im relying on the H2o2 in the Nitrozyme in the solution to prevent any mould or bacterial infection. The other ingredients won’t hurt either.
I didn’t bite them, scratch them, trim them or soak them. I think as many seeds have been killed as saved by these tricks. Even handling them at all is against my intuition and experience of what works. I even read about people rattling them around in matchbox to weaken the shells before germinating. Fuck all that craziness!
That's crazy. I normally just put the seeds into the coco / soil and only one seed did not germinate (out of a few hundreds) and even that one was open and might have germinated with some extra time.
I am not a fan of those germination techniques, I think it just adds room for mistakes and putting them into the medium works perfectly fine. However if I had old, valuable seeds, I would probably consider these techniques.

*GROWHIGH*

Veteran
Good seed popping protocols right there,...long as they have been stored well they should pop,..shantibaba from Mr nice recently did a podcast telling that he successfully popped seeds from the late 80's/early 90s.. Using basically the same methods,... so yours are whippersnappers compared to them (y)

EnjoyingLife

Well, males are usually more dominant in crosses (from what I have read). So you could easily add a good chunk of SLH if you do a cross with a male, especially if you have a clone only strain, this is your only way to do a cross (unless you stress the female to produce pollen, but I am not a fan of this kind of "breeding"). Amnesia Core Cut x SLH would be an interesting cross.
Or you could do an F2 cross and have a bigger gen pool to select a keeper.
Males being more dominant in the cross is good to know as I'm working on my own hobby level projects.
I mainly asked for that reason, gathering info.
Thanks for the response.
Agreed Amnesia core slh would be interesting.
I wonder if a good haze a \ a haze (not c) could be found. I'm sure there are other places to look for this but why not here =]

Spaventa

Veteran
Males being more dominant in the cross is good to know as I'm working on my own hobby level projects.
I mainly asked for that reason, gathering info.
Thanks for the response.
Agreed Amnesia core slh would be interesting.
I wonder if a good haze a \ a haze (not c) could be found. I'm sure there are other places to look for this but why not here =]
Haze A is where the pine, herbal, floral haze aromas come from in some Silver Haze and Neville’s Haze phenotypes. It’s very clearly expressed in a very old dutch SH clone called S5 and the quicker finishing NH. Look for a cut of S5. I shared it a lot around these parts. It’s a super vigorous Haze A smelling 10 weeker that roots like a champ. Looks like a more branchy core cut.

funkyhorse

Haze A is where the pine, herbal, floral haze aromas come from in some Silver Haze and Neville’s Haze phenotypes. It’s very clearly expressed in a very old dutch SH clone called S5 and the quicker finishing NH. Look for a cut of S5. I shared it a lot around these parts. It’s a super vigorous Haze A smelling 10 weeker that roots like a champ. Looks like a more branchy core cut.
I dont know anything about haze a or haze c, just what I read from old growers
NL5 x Hz 91 F3 has floral fragance with some spice on it
This line is an F3 of a Sensi pack from 1991. What I have received as F4 is different from this F3

Spaventa, What do you mean by pine? Shape or smell?
I use these for my chimney, I dont find this smell. Do you mean wood smell?
piña.jpeg

This NL5 x Hz 91 shape is clearly pine, outdoors is very different than indoors
This thing flowers 2 months since it shows first pistils. Veg is slow. Slow grower. It roots super easy but most genetics do
It is different smells from Seedsman haze but totally sativa in smells. It trims like a sativa as well, a lot of work
I thought the smells came from NL5. I thought NL5 was an indica. This line has no indica smells at all

NL5 how is it supposed to smell? Is it sativa?
If NL5 is indica is the first time I see a cross indica x sativa coming sativa in smells and looks

Super impressive resistance to bugs and humidity. I dont see these qualities in any modern hybrid. The indoor run had very different looking buds. Sativas outdoors show themselves different
NL5 x Hz girl 5, crazy sticky. The indoor run gave buds with 2 hour high very similar high to what I smoked in Amsterdam end 80s. I hope the outdoor run is at least matching the indoor run quality. As a plant looks and productivity outdoors outperforms the indoor run big time
NL5 x Hz F3 girl 5. It has pine shape. So sticky
NL5 x Hz F3 girl 5 (9).jpeg

NL5 x Hz F3 girl 5 (10).jpeg

NL5 x Hz F3 girl 5 (6).jpeg

Latest posts

Latest posts