What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

HAZE Help!!

I've been sitting on a pack of KC Brains Haze Special and the reviews on OG are positive. I decided to give them a try.

1. I'm going to start them out under 12/12. When should I top them?

2) A lot of equatorial strains can take 6-9 months to mature. I am wondering if transitioning from 12/12 to something like 9/15 would speed up flowering?

Crazy Composer

Medicine Planter
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I would top them at the 4th internode and flower them right after they recover and throw new shoots as a result of the topping. They'lls till get tall! We have plants (not even pure sativas) that were flowered at about 5 or 6 inches and are now at almost 5 feet!!! Hot conditions will make plants stretch even more...

Yes, you can speed flowering up a bit by reducing the light cycle, but yield will suffer for it.

cc

Thanx CC-

I've got limited vertical space, about 6 feet. I have a C99 and a LSD that have just "self-topped" under the 1000 w light and I know the Haze will stretch more.

You answered one of my first posts on venting a 1000 w lite. It worked out well.

Crazy Composer

Medicine Planter
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
If they (or any pot plant) become too tall, just berak the stems and let em hang over all sloppy-like. I know it seems counterproductive, but trust me, there is rarely a true height problem if you are confident enough to break their necks as you need ;) Within a day or two your tops will be pointed back up to the light, and the break will turn into a thick nuckle.

cc

cc is right you can always bend the stem it does form a nuckle it just needs some support. Strining the palants down also help if they are that out of control I have never grown KC brains haze but wth the nevilles haze ext i start all under 12 /12 and they stay there as long as they need. I couldnt see them being managable indoors without lots of headroom otherwise.

Hooked-On-Grown

Veteran
there is rarely a true height problem if you are confident enough to break their necks as you need

Ouchhh! If you have never experienced this or done this purposely, this sounds so harsh!!!LOL!:D It really does recover, but it's hard to do to your ladies!!!

G

guest123

they love bending a bit , im sure it stimulates growth , particularly on branching below the bend , makes the plant think it has been topped , yet you retain the top ,, there fore the remaining branches under the bend think they need to become main shoots , and the buds are bigger as a result ...

Crazy Composer

Medicine Planter
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
^^^yup.
My article upcoming in ICMag explains plant hormones, and explains why the plant branches out when topped. But it works well, And I don't even tie em up or anything, they just hang, then the recover as they will. Works every time ;)

cc

friendlyfriend

Veteran
Question CC.....

I have bent a BOG Lifesaver at a 100 degree angle 6 inches up and now have 5 more inches after the bend and the fan leaves are strecthing immensely and it seems that i should probally bend the plant again so i make the stem grow in a very tight S. How will this effect me when I throw her into flower. I am trying to veg for at least 5 weeks and its getting difficult since i only have a limited amount of space and this Lifesaver is sativa dominant. The plant has also developed light brown tips on lower larger fan leaves and my temps are usually between 77 and 87 what gives...

Crazy Composer

Medicine Planter
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I have a plant that's bent into an 's' right now bro. ;)

We have been brutal to the taller plants over the years, and they just don't seem to care. As a matter of fact, they seem to get even fatter. I wouldn't do much bending after week 2 or 3 of flower though. After that you want the plant stress-free til harvest. So break em now in anticipation for the early flowering stratch.

cc

G

guest123

heres a bent plant in action , note the obvious large yeild from one plant and lack of stress ...
7fixedbbud-med.jpg

phillykid

Just a quick question, when you guys are talking about bending, do you mean just bend it more than 90 deg and tie it down so the auxin (I think this is the growth hormone in a tip of a plant but it's been awhile since basic biology class?) is inhibited and the lower branches fill in , or do you bend the stem over till it cracks (not break it off) but just crack it so it goes kinda limp. or can you do either? Wally, what say you, cause damn if that isn't a beautiful sight.
Crazycomposer, I'm guessing that you do the latter (break the stem), so do you twist it till it kinda makes that "chtch" sound or do you really give it the business, meaning just bend the damn thing hard?

peace

alf

Hi, I grew out Kc's Haze special last year. I wouldn't start in 12/12. Out of the 10 seeds, 6 popped. 3 were female. Under 800w hps they didn't break 4 feet. They weren't very hazey. It was a good smoke. But was missing that haze high/taste. I suggest growing under regular schedule until you get a good look at there fan leaves.

peace

Latest posts

Latest posts