What's new

Haze Experience.....

Huesos

Thank you for the responses Brethren.

Hermano Mustafunk, espero todo bien Hermano. Por aca, todo bien, gracias a Dios. Thank you so much on the great haze writeup. First, let me say that your Jamaican Lambsbread x Vietnamese Black are looking ire. They have the thin leaf Asian type of profile. You have a great one there brother.

I noted the same indoor leaning and early flowering phenos in a few Mr.Nice stock as well. As you referenced, they would be great for indoor cultivation.

You and I like the same kind of smoke. I like the electric and happy highs. I found two great ones brother. Well, three actually in a mextiza pheno I call Mexican Lambsbread, Nevilles haze f2 pheno I call spider, and Nevilles haze x Nepalese f2.

I would love to grow 50 or 100 seeds (lol) of the original haze and go on a great sativa expedition lol.

true grit

Veteran
The original haze I've tried was most similar to tom hills stringy phenos. Would love to find more tom hill o. Haze but seems he is MIA.

If anyone knows tom lets go in on a bulk order of o haze!

Huesos

Hi True Grit, I hope life is treating you well.

As for me, I am more interested in those that have worked the 10% exceptional phenos and works thereof. It doesn't matter who or where they came from.

I see haze and pure sativa growers to be going extinct. Rather than each person go on their own haze expedition to find the great hazes, we could achieve more through collaboration.

stihgnobevoli

Veteran
i assumed he was talking to me since he's the only one so far who has answered "what exactly is 'haze'?" does it have to be from the original haze or are we just talking sativa's?

Lester Beans

Frequent Flyer
Veteran
The only thing that should be referred to as Haze IMHO is the original blood line. And future generations. It is a strain that was cultivated, it is an actual strain.

And tracing that one back is quite the project, check out the questions for Sam S original haze thread, lots of info in there.

MostlyMe

Veteran
I believe 10 % outstanding phenos is pretty optimistic. Tom Hill himself, for example, considered only 5 % to be exceptional.

Huesos

Blessed Day to You and Yours!

Blessed Day to You and Yours!

Thank you brethren for the responses.

Thank you Karma G and all the best in your endeavors. My primary interest are the 10%ers in sativa stock such as Colombians, Original Haze, Ot1 haze, michoacan, blacks, and so forth. I know, I am way up there on top of the sativa mountain.

I feel like an anthropologist looking for near extinct haze aficionados.

On the definition of haze: I agree and lean more toward hazes traced back to the original haze.

Though, another haze reference is when you find a great pure sativa in legendary lines in for example Colombian Black, Thai, Oaxacan, etc. The origin of the original haze comes from those pure lines.

Henceforth, to call hazes only from original haze and not the baseline genetic makeup thereof would be showing disrespect to the great ones IMHO.

Huesos

Mukuku: thank you for teaching me a new word as follows:

Ersatz: not as good as the original; usually an inferior or substitute; artificial.

heady blunts

prescription blunts
Veteran
tagging in.

i love hazes grew up in south florida graduated hs in 2003 smoked some amazing hazes out of miami back then.

lived in w. mass from 03--09 and got some beautiful piff on trips to nyc. that remains my holy grail.

best bag from that time period was sold as "DR haze" and was a bit silvery/gray/purple, harder denser nugs than most hazes i've encountered, slightly more grandpa's old chest of drawers kinda smell than straight cedar/sandalwood.

in cali i grew out some punto rojo x afghani beans and really enjoyed the smoke from the PR leaning ones. i mention the colombian here because that woody incense fragrance/flavor and the quality and duration of the effect reminded me a lot of my favorite haze qualities.

i just put two of those in flower actually. trying to find a nice one to hold on to a mom of to keep some classic old school flavor in rotation.

i've also got three seedlings of chimera's frankie's incense haze up, and another 6 beans to sort.

i've got a beautiful haze leaning SSSDH i found recently in some f2's my friend made with an old pack he had aging away. i think it was at least two males and a few ladies in a mini open pollination type thing. i think the original beans came from the first connoisseur release? can't remember for sure. lots of lemon in this gal, so not as classic as some other lines, but a great 4 hour high, energetic and upbeat without paranoia or racy heart. smelled like lemonheads in flower and like roasted lemon after curing. the seed plant went 14 weeks.

in the vault i've got a pack of MNS nevil's haze but i wanna do the whole pack at once and i don't have the space right now.

RIP to my friend's amazing SLH cut. he had that plant for years, from a single GHS fem'd seed he got from the 'tude as a dumb teenager. some of the strongest herb i've ever had the pleasure of smoking. definite top 5% status in terms of finding that gem in a haze line. i miss her every day!

Huesos

Me too GreenG- love hazes.

Hi headyB, I agree- a good haze is like unlocking the legendary sativas of our past.

Dave Coulier

Veteran
Hi True Grit, I hope life is treating you well.

As for me, I am more interested in those that have worked the 10% exceptional phenos and works thereof. It doesn't matter who or where they came from.

I see haze and pure sativa growers to be going extinct. Rather than each person go on their own haze expedition to find the great hazes, we could achieve more through collaboration.

They're out there. We've not gone extinct yet. You're just not reading the right threads is all. There are still haze and pure sativa growers among you. Ive got a freezer full of haze hybrid seeds, along with a garden full of GN Thai Stick and Afropips Durban Poison seedlings. There are alot more pure sativa lovers out there than you realize.

But I do agree more people should try some haze hybrids at some point. Start with Sams if you want the best.

Karma G

Vendor
Veteran
For me, whats good anouf for Nevils as keeper all these years , Is good anouf for me.

picture.php

M.R.GT

Veteran
Flying Dutchmen still carries the Ohaze and based on Sam the skunkmans post these should be some of his original stock. Growshop alien has them in stock at $58 a pack.

This is the dutchmens description.

Flying Dutchmen The Orginal Haze

orginalhazedutchmen

Developed: Pure breeding Sativa / Indica: Pure Sativa
Appearance: Very resinous, heavy buds

Smell / taste: Sweet and sour

High / strength: Very potent, clear up, energetic high

Yield per m2: Good Sowing time: May / June Outdoor harvest: End of December (Holland)

Flowering period: 12 - 16 weeks (12 hrs indoor)

Special breeding stock.
The only original pure haze available.

We have worked with this variety in Holland for almost 20 years now. It is the base for all the Haze you can find here in Holland. Since being stabilized in the late 70's The Original Haze has never been hybridized. Perfect for breeding projects due to it's pure breeding status. For commercial growers this strain is not recommended due to it's size and long maturation time. Very potent with an energetic cerebral high.

End of description.

Seedsman doesn't have the Ohaze but does carry several haze crosses Sugar haze, skunk haze and Indian haze.

The Sugar Haze sounds pretty sweet, Santa Marta X haze and at $20 a pack might be worth a shot. These will be going in my next order.

Ive grown out lots of sativa but never the haze. I smoke mostly sativa and sativa dom strains as I prefer an up high and I have take acid a lot when I was young but I have never smoked weed that made me trip. I have experienced strains that made colors seem more vivid and brightened the day but never any traces or light trips you come to expect from LSD.

If anyone has smoked weed that really makes you trip I would really like to hear about it.

Good luck in your search.

Peace
GT

Latest posts

Latest posts