What's new

Hawaiian Fire Pie OG (Fed. Hawaiian Sativa x Cherry Fire Pie OG) under Lumatek Zeus 600W Pro 2.9

Pineapple_Punch

Veteran
Hey everyone,

right now im doing a little selection run with a cross i made recently. I gave it the name Hawaiian Fire Pie OG, which is a cross between a Federation Seed Co's Hawaiian Sativa female and a Relentless Genetics Cherry Fire Pie OG male. I already had a little test run with 4 females of these a few months ago, and i was pretty happy with them, so i decided to make a bigger selection run. :)

I also invested in a new light, a Lumatek 600W Pro 2.9 LED.

DSC02042.JPG

Here some pics of the last Hawaiian Fire Pie OG grow.....

DSC00893.JPG
DSC00903.JPG
DSC01169.JPG
DSC01173.JPG
DSC01526.JPG
DSC01534.JPG
DSC01561.JPG
DSC01570.JPG
DSC01642 (1).JPG

Quien

Thank you guys! :)

Must say i never had that many males like this round, from 33 Plants 23 were males, so i ended up with 10 females, but im still happy. :)

First small flowers started to appear....

View attachment 18743941 View attachment 18743942 View attachment 18743943 View attachment 18743944 View attachment 18743945 View attachment 18743946 View attachment 18743947 View attachment 18743948

23?? That is a whole lot. Would've been sick to compare them for pollen collection though.

Pineapple_Punch

Veteran
Are you happy with thé lumatek ? What your yield with it ? And what was your yield before ? Wich lamp had yu before ?
Hey, sry for my long abstinence. I really like the Lumatek LED, i just have to get used to it, i wasnt able to finish that grow above under LED and had to switch back to HPS for that grow. Wasnt able to reach the needed temperature and my Coco was way too fine, so the plants were standing in wet pots for too long, which wasnt good for the root system at all. The radiation power of the HPS helped to dry out the pots faster and plants looked much better then.

The Lumatek Zeus 600W Pro 2.9 has really a lot of power while staying pretty cool, and that was a problem i had, too cool to get the plants evaporate enough water. Sure i could heat my room with a heater, but with the high energy costs in Germany at that time it was just too expensive for me.

I just finished a Garlicane run(under HPS) and some other strains......

Garlicane....

DSC03554.JPG
DSC03555.JPG
DSC03559.JPG

looks sweet bro.

23?? That is a whole lot. Would've been sick to compare them for pollen collection though.

Yes 23 males were a lot, some great plants in that cross. :)

Creeperpark

Mentor
Veteran
I admire your work a lot pineapple, you always kick ass. You still pulled off some pretty unique-looking buds. The way I dealt with the same problem was to use both LED and HPS at the same time in a combo in the same garden. I had to raise both lights higher but got super results. I bring in 5 gallons of water every day and am still able to maintain a low dew point.

Using the LEDs alone the water transpiration slows when using large growing containers. If I use smaller containers I can use LEDs alone.

Last edited:

Pineapple_Punch

Veteran
I admire your work a lot pineapple, you always kick ass. You still pulled off some pretty unique-looking buds. The way I dealt with the same problem was to use both LED and HPS at the same time in a combo in the same garden. I had to raise both lights higher but got super results. I bring in 5 gallons of water every day and am still able to maintain a low dew point.

Using the LEDs alone the water transpiration slows when using large growing containers. If I use smaller containers I can use LEDs alone.
Thank you! :)

I also thought about to use a combo of LED and HPS, but than i thought about my power bill. I live alone in an apartment and have a yearly power consumption of around 5500 kWh, i pay 44 Cent (Euro) per kWh, it would be too expensive to use a LED/HPS Combo atm, Germany really sucks when it comes to energy prices. Isn't it funny, Germany decided to switch off the last 3 remaining nuclear power plants some months ago, now we have to buy extra nuclear electricity from France. ^^

Anyway, some more pics.....

Some Hawaiian Fire Pie OG Buds from last years grow
DSC02069.JPG
DSC02083.JPG

Reeferman Love Potion#1 F2
DSC03377.JPG
DSC03408.JPG

Cherry Fire Pie OG#2 x Aunt of Farouk
DSC034561.jpg

Garlicane Sativa pheno.....
DSC034683.jpg

BABY Z

Thank you! :)

I also thought about to use a combo of LED and HPS, but than i thought about my power bill. I live alone in an apartment and have a yearly power consumption of around 5500 kWh, i pay 44 Cent (Euro) per kWh, it would be too expensive to use a LED/HPS Combo atm, Germany really sucks when it comes to energy prices. Isn't it funny, Germany decided to switch off the last 3 remaining nuclear power plants some months ago, now we have to buy extra nuclear electricity from France. ^^

Anyway, some more pics.....

Some Hawaiian Fire Pie OG Buds from last years grow
View attachment 18854332 View attachment 18854333

Reeferman Love Potion#1 F2
View attachment 18854334 View attachment 18854335

Cherry Fire Pie OG#2 x Aunt of Farouk
View attachment 18854336

Garlicane Sativa pheno.....
View attachment 18854337
Mamma mia complimenti 👏👏👏👏 veramente un ottimo lavoro 👍💯 e che cime.....,sembrano super dolci e hai l imbarazzo della scelta 🤤🤞

RoostaPhish

Veteran
Nice, I was looking at lumatek ats line of lights. And they seemed quite nice. Especially for a tent. The commercial units are nice as well. I have a few different brand leds and they definitely have their place. Especially when it is warm outside. In winter, not as much. I need the heat then. Honestly, I have to say that overall I actually prefer my "blurple" leds over the white.

Latest posts

Latest posts