What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Hawaii outdoor 2020

JOJO420

Veteran
I’m back !
And ready for a season of promise !!!
Chee hoo!!
all outdoors Hawaii Style!!

Here is the line up for 2020

Useful Seeds :
LuckyLime F2

Exotic Genetics:
Slapz
Mint Chocolate Chip
Lime OG

Respect Genetics:
Lime OG X Sour Diesel
Blue Blooded Hashplant x Big Sur Holy

The medium is :
Pro Mix BX
And lava cinders

Grow pot size :
5-7 gallon hard plastic pots
Or
30 gallon smart pots

Fertilizer :
Down to Earth powdered organic nutrients in the box . I’m working with a partner this round and we agreed to use the following boxes from Down to Earth

Crab meal 4-3-0
4-4-4 vegetable
Oyster flour
Azomite
blood meal 12-0-0
sea bird guano 0–12-0
langebenite 0-0-22.5

I use 5 gallon buckets and an air pump , along with a tea bag to bubble teas made from the ingredients above.

The only other products I use that I cannot make just right is from:
Primordial Solutions

Rootamentary
Sea Green

It takes all year to use those tiny small bottles , but the difference is noticeable
Enough to spend $25 bucks per year on those 2 tiny bottles that can make 55 gallons of full strength concentrate each!
I use it at .25-.50 ml in my teas and foliage sprays .
If I have the time and memory I will do a side by side . It’s insane how much difference it makes . But the key is to neva Eva Eva overdue it .
That little bottle feeds a farm , a village in fact .. goes so freekin far it will blow yer mind

The only added nutrient during flowering will be Primordial Soulutions Paleo Bloom.

And water and sometimes molasses.

That’s it . Nothing too hard :)
But the results will be A++

Tag along , stop by to talk story and enjoy the ride :dance013:

Attachments

• 367369FB-660A-41A9-BDEC-B148767628E5.jpg
    367369FB-660A-41A9-BDEC-B148767628E5.jpg
    134.7 KB · Views: 31

Swamp Thang

Veteran
Aloha Jojo. Pullin' up a chair here, to sternly observe the proceedings while decked out in my white lab coat .

Back in the day running wild in Socal and skiing dry powder in the San Gabriel Mountains under floodlights on winter nights, I could pick out the mouth-watering aroma of Hawaiian Maui Wowie, or the fabled Kona Gold, as the scent floated in the mountain air on the chair-lift ride up.

Ever since then, anything from the Hawaiian Islands has been synonymous with superb quality, taste and smell. Standing by for further developments. Over and out.

JOJO420

Veteran
Story part 2

Story part 2

We are using only 2 other seed cultivars from HA! Genetics in this garden .
Juicy Booty
and her sister
Pussy Foot.

This is the genetic history of this garden

Mothers :

Juicy Booty :
(Clown Shoe OG x Cambodian x Ol’ Kp )

ClownShoes OG from DarkHorse genetics is the source for Clown Shoes . Grown out multiple generations in Hawaii both outdoors and greenhouse . It has that candied grape flavored OG chronic
We selected for taste ,resin production and resistance to botrytis and mildew resistance in the mothers especially .

The Cambodian is old landrace from old heads that grow the Cambodian for breeding here locally .

Pussy Foot :
(Clown Shoes OG x Ol’ Kp)

This has the most potentially radical terpene profile of the sisters .. it’s LOUD or LOUDER!!!
No in between terpenes .
It’s sweet Grape Candy Kush
or
Mentholated Candy Kush with tropical flavors

It’s one or the other .

Extremely stable . Every seed is like a clone

No pussy foot’n around .
If you like like grape candy flavored fuel with a tropical twist then watch the pussy foot grow . It’s insane

Now time for
Father :

(Ol’ KP )
KP is from old Hawaiian plants that simply work . 20 years of no one remembering what exactly happened with the breeding 20-30 years ago . It’s just become what it is today. A real greaser!!! It’s a tightly held family strain from seed only we call KP
Ol ‘KP. Neva fail !
It makes a bud so greasy it’s waterproof .
Pods upon pods upon pods of greasy goodness
Smells like mentholated flowers and fruit .
And adds insane strong structure . Has a tendency to only make 3 pointed leaf structure in full veg .
Never failed a stress test , ever , neva Eva not Eva once !
Solid grease monkey that plays well with others .

JOJO420

Veteran
Pics of plants

Pics of plants

Here is the momma
Juicy Booty #1
From seed ...
Only yesterday we put her out in the moonlight !
Chee hoo!

Last edited:

JOJO420

Veteran
Between sets

Between sets

“I could pick out the mouth-watering aroma of Hawaiian Maui Wowie, or the fabled Kona Gold, as the scent floated in the mountain air on the chair-lift ride up. ”

You are legend my friend .. I’m sure the snow was deeper and the girls were sexier also , right ?
Snow bunnies as far as the eye could see with the smell of “ Maui Wowie “ permeating every pore !!
The good ol Dayz!!

Big Eggy

Veteran
Nice selection.. I'm interested in seeing how the blue blooded hashplaant x big sur holy turns out. Good luck for the season.

What sort of weather do you get as you approach harvest?

JOJO420

Veteran
Nice selection.. I'm interested in seeing how the blue blooded hashplaant x big sur holy turns out. Good luck for the season.

What sort of weather do you get as you approach harvest?
We get 146 inches of rain a year . Pretty much rain every day or at least every week .
We grow in downpours , sun or rain .

Swamp Thang

Veteran
“I could pick out the mouth-watering aroma of Hawaiian Maui Wowie, or the fabled Kona Gold, as the scent floated in the mountain air on the chair-lift ride up. ”

You are legend my friend .. I’m sure the snow was deeper and the girls were sexier also , right ?
Snow bunnies as far as the eye could see with the smell of “ Maui Wowie “ permeating every pore !!
The good ol Dayz!!

Ha ha I see the same with my rose-tinted glasses, as I peer through the mists of time, pining for the days of yore.

I imagine the snow bunnies I used to drool over are either soccer moms or grandmas by now. Now there is a scary thought. Where oh where did all those lost decades go ?

Apologies for this short detour down memory lane, and with that word from our sponsors, normal transmission can resume.

JOJO420

Veteran
First cuts

First cuts

Ok so first cuts just occurred.
All seedlings that looked weird got yanked .
We examined the roots and almost to a plant the rejects had underdeveloped root systems and showed signs of lack of vigor.

Attachments

• BCF8E628-2CE2-44C5-B6AF-0CFCB3B29C07.jpg
    BCF8E628-2CE2-44C5-B6AF-0CFCB3B29C07.jpg
    172.7 KB · Views: 35

Lolo94

We get 146 inches of rain a year . Pretty much rain every day or at least every week .
We grow in downpours , sun or rain .

Its amazing how good the paka can be from such wet areas. I've have smoked and grown some in upper Puna that was just as good as anything grown in drier conditions. Was a bit too wet and cold for short season though.
One of the places I always wanted to grow was at the Volcano golf course subdivision. A little less rain and nice elevation. Had a friend in high school that grew a little there 35 + years ago in an undeveloped lot and it came out really nice.

JOJO420

Veteran
Aloha!!!
Hope everyone is safe ?

The girls are fine and actually excessive!
Its the Hawaiian sun I tell ya .