What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Having trouble posting

xet

Some threads I try to post and the orange bar moves and moves and then nothing happens. And I can try 10 times and cannot post.

StevenHXF

Administrator
Some threads I try to post and the orange bar moves and moves and then nothing happens. And I can try 10 times and cannot post.
Does this happen everywhere or in specific threads. We’re not noticing significant load which would cause the orange bar to remain visible and your message to not be posted.

The fact you’re able to post in here highlights how hard this will be to diagnose. Are the threads you’re trying to post in large?

xet

Does this happen everywhere or in specific threads. We’re not noticing significant load which would cause the orange bar to remain visible and your message to not be posted.

The fact you’re able to post in here highlights how hard this will be to diagnose. Are the threads you’re trying to post in large?
A couple of them were large. One of them was new. I wasn't going to say anything but at least about twice a day it happens and it seems to clog in a way I cannot post elsewhere when the first one stops posting and it starts telling me wait 30 seconds to post and then I will try for 10 or 12 minute and then leave the computer and come back in 30 minutes and 2 posts I tried posting have posted in the 20 minutes I was away after already having waited 15 minutes.

StevenHXF

Administrator
A couple of them were large. One of them was new. I wasn't going to say anything but at least about twice a day it happens and it seems to clog in a way I cannot post elsewhere when the first one stops posting and it starts telling me wait 30 seconds to post and then I will try for 10 or 12 minute and then leave the computer and come back in 30 minutes and 2 posts I tried posting have posted in the 20 minutes I was away after already having waited 15 minutes.
No problem.

Ok, some questions.

What browser are you using and what version number?

Are you connecting via VPN?

Do you have an extensions installed that would stop javascript being loaded?

Are you able to add a reply to one of the longer threads now?

xet

No problem.

Ok, some questions.

What browser are you using and what version number? Firefox 91.9.0esr (64-bit)

Are you connecting via VPN? no

Do you have an extensions installed that would stop javascript being loaded? none

Are you able to add a reply to one of the longer threads now? Yes
It seems to gum up once a day. Maybe when there is a lot of other people posting on the forums. And then it doesn' happen again. If it didn't last for half an hour and was just some weird 30 second thing (and sometimes it is only that) I wouldn't notice, ya know?