What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Have you looked at the North Pole lately?

1G12

Scientist Working Under Republican Administrations

Scientist Working Under Republican Administrations

99.99% of scientists publishing climate papers say that human activities are causing climate change according to James L. Powell, director of the National Physical Sciences Consortium, who reviewed more than 24,000 peer-reviewed scientific articles on climate change published between 2013 and 2014.

Powell identified 69,406 authors named in the articles, four of which rejected climate change as being caused by human emissions.
That’s one in every 17,352 scientists..
“The 97 percent is wrong, period,” Powell said. “Look at it this way: If someone says that 97 percent of publishing climate scientists accept anthropogenic [human-caused] global warming, your natural inference is that 3 percent reject it. But I found only 0.006 percent who reject it. That is a difference of 500 times.”

To obtain his figures, Powell—a member of the National Science Board under Presidents Ronald Reagan and George H.W. Bush—reviewed the abstracts of nearly 70,000 papers, searching for key words such as “global warming,” “global climate change,” and “climate change.” He spent nine months reading titles and abstracts, finding only five articles (two from the same author) that clearly reject human-caused global warming or give another explanation for the rising temperatures.

See Powell 2016, Bulletin of Science, Technology & Society, 36(3), 157-163.*

Cannavore

Veteran
science aside, i'd still like to know why getting off of fossil fuels is a bad thing since that's the ultimate goal of the climate change movement or whatever you wanna refer to it as.

igrowone

Veteran
the arctic today

the arctic today

several weeks ago i mentioned that we would likely be seeing record low ice levels
not claiming any skill in climate science, it's just getting pretty easy to predict things that are happening over and over
as we enter the ice making time, the arctic just isn't making as much as it used to
been a 5+ year pattern or so. and it looks like we just repeated another year as the level bumps up against the old record

Attachments

• N_daily_extent_hires.jpg
    N_daily_extent_hires.jpg
    91.5 KB · Views: 11
  • N_iqr_timeseries.jpg
    N_iqr_timeseries.jpg
    57.5 KB · Views: 14

Koondense

Veteran
It's so good to see when trolls are recognised as trolls, when their ignorant bluff is exposed.
We can't afford to spend energy for such destructive people, feeding their egos with polite responses and equal treatment.
Trolls could do us all a favor and just shit up and go away. Or just stop being trolls and deal with data and facts, that's what smart would people do.

Cheers

kickarse

FFS its a CON, now the IPCC reckons the price of beer will go thru the roof, because we wont be able to grow enough barely

don't eat meat, can't drink beer, don't use a gas heater in winter, no more reliable electricity

maybe you believers should lead by example, i'm sure the people on the UN and the IPCC payroll are

I

Ignignokt

FFS its a CON, now the IPCC reckons the price of beer will go thru the roof, because we wont be able to grow enough barely

don't eat meat, can't drink beer, don't use a gas heater in winter, no more reliable electricity

maybe you believers should lead by example, i'm sure the people on the UN and the IPCC payroll are

And the earth is flat, correct?
All this kerfuffle about the earth being a sphere.... HOAX :bigeye:

armedoldhippy

Veteran
weather folks/climatologists said today that there is "a high probability" of an El Nino event for this winter, with much of the US having warmer than usual weather. apparently a large mass of warmer than normal water moving eastward across the Pacific currents toward west coast. this is always bad for wildlife along the coast as cold water loving food chain species move away/die back...

1G12

From the IPCC web site:

Thousands of scientists from all over the world contribute to the work of the IPCC on a voluntary basis as authors, contributors and reviewers. None of them is paid by the IPCC.

Oops!

Yamaha FG-840

Posting up your continued resistance to doing what the site owner said, and respecting the agreement to act respectful isn't a win.

It's open admission you don't have any evidence for any of your claims.

Oh gawd.........our troll is back posting here again...and even after we proved so clearly that he is a chronic liar, delusional & doesn't even understand atmospheric physics.

Here's a link for ya to the Univ. of Chicago so you may learn about how our atmosphere works.
https://geosci.uchicago.edu/~rtp1/PrinciplesPlanetaryClimate/

Seems like a rather pointless waste of anyone's time to argue on the internet with someone who most certainly is dealing with mental health issues.

Please follow the link and find some services in your area.....PLEASE
https://www.aha.org/2011-02-07-national-mental-health-organizations

Best of luck!

Whenever you discuss how you think 29% less energy into a rock makes more than 100% come out you'll have finally grown up,

and left the name-calling as a way of your existence, behind.

Yamaha FG-840

He meant actually being able to explain what they believe in public and not have the entire planet refer to their fraudulent screed as

"The Sewer of Science."

From the IPCC web site:

Thousands of scientists from all over the world contribute to the work of the IPCC on a voluntary basis as authors, contributors and reviewers. None of them is paid by the IPCC.

Oops!

Thousands of people volunteered as authors contributors and reviewers of the information stating pot was like heroin,

''for the kids.''

Massed millions of innumerates who think magic makes pot like heroin

or, makes more light come out of a rock by making less go in,

isn't a defense for the indefensible, it's fraud by politics.

1G12

Yeah, I get my science from FOX News as well. Otherwise, the tabloids at the supermarket checkout are a great resource too. :biggrin:

Yamaha FG-840

Somebody's got you claiming "The known temperature of the planet's surface of 288 Kelvin is wrong,"

Yeah, I get my science from FOX News as well. Otherwise, the tabloids at the supermarket checkout are a great resource too. :biggrin:

and that "It's because 29% less energy into Earth due to the Atmosphere and in particular the GHGs that predominate in that cooling

of nearly 30% as the

very

first

step

in calculation of Earth's temperature,

make more than 100% of available sunlight energy come back out of Earth because the GHGs
and that Atmosphere

are making 29% less

go into it.

You're SURE it's all really really really true, you just find it hard to explain cause "It's so signtsie."

https://goo.gl/mkawJx

Since you're signtsie, why don't you dare name the law of physics responsible for calculating the temperature of a gas - hence the Atmosphere.

Ten bucks says your internet "edjyakayshun" leaves you unable to name that law.

Tell me the names of the parts of the law and why the Gas law exists.

Tell us why you can't calculate the temperature of a gas without it.

Or you don't have the

very

first

clue

regarding a.n.y.t.h.i.n.g.

https://goo.gl/UGHUub

you're talking about.

Last edited:

Yamaha FG-840

https://goo.gl/XX6dXw

Tell the people reading what you're saying, the correct surface

temperature of the planet,

Kelvin.

https://goo.gl/h7PgrA

Tell the people reading what you're saying,

the name of the law of physics used,

to solve for it.

When you lock up like a stolen bike found in the ocean and your hands sweat when you try to type, that's called the "Dunning-Kruger Condensation Point."

When you try to make your paralyzed arm move and click ''post'' defending the ludicrous and feel yourself dripping sweat from then on -

it's called the "Dunning-Kruger Saturation Point. "

https://goo.gl/er3Cec

Last edited: